Windows 10: Upgrade To Windows 10 Crossed language

Discus and support Upgrade To Windows 10 Crossed language in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Is there a way to Upgrade from Windows 8.1 (Spanish) to Windows 10 (English) Keeping Programs, Apps And Files? Is there any registry entry o... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by srg84, Nov 17, 2014.

1. srg84 Win User

Upgrade To Windows 10 Crossed language

Hi,

Is there a way to Upgrade from Windows 8.1 (Spanish) to Windows 10 (English) Keeping Programs, Apps And Files?

Is there any registry entry o file to change to english and bypass language check to keep program configurations in the upgrade?

:)

srg84, Nov 17, 2014

2. Will we be able to choose language upon install of windows 10

Cross language upgrades are not supported, the free upgrade will be installed in your local language.

You will need install a language pack for English after setup if you are upgraded to Windows 10 Pro or if its Windows 10 Home you will need to install the Windows 10 Pro Pack ($99) then download the English Language Pack.

Andre Da Costa, Nov 17, 2014
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade-Will I be able to change the language when I install Windows 10?

Can I choose a different language during the upgrade?

Cross language upgrades are not supported, the free upgrade will be installed in your local language.

You will need install a language pack for English after setup is complete if you are upgraded to Windows 10 Pro or if its Windows 10 Home you will need to install the Windows 10 Pro Pack ($99) using Add Features (Windows key + X > Control Panel) then download
    the English Language Pack.

Andre Da Costa, Nov 17, 2014
  4. Kari Win User

It is not possible. A Windows upgrade can only be made with same bit (x86 or x64) and same language version.

5. srg84 Win User
    Yes, in theory, but touching some keys on the registry or replacing dlls, it must be possible *Rolleyes

srg84, Nov 18, 2014
  6. Kari Win User
    No, it is not possible.

7. srg84 Win User
    So... it's imposible? *Redface

srg84, Nov 18, 2014
  8. Kari Win User

Seriously? What do you think my earlier replies meant:

Let's make one more try:

It's not possible!
    ¡No es posible!
    Não é possível!
    Nid yw'n bosibl!
    Níl sé indéanta!
    Det är inte möjlig!
    Se ei ole mahdollista!
    Es ist nicht möglich!

9. srg84 Win User
    Let's make one more try:

It's not possible!
    ¡No es posible!
    Não é possível!
    Nid yw'n bosibl!
    Níl sé indéanta!
    Det är inte möjlig!
    Se ei ole mahdollista!
    Es ist nicht möglich! Now I seriously think it's not possible *Wink

Thx

srg84, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Upgrade To Windows 10 Crossed language - Similar Threads - Upgrade Crossed language

2. Upgrade windows 8.1 single language to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade windows 8.1 single language to Windows 10: Community/Support,Currently I have windows 8.1 single language running on a laptop and recently seeing many Apps shows the OS is no longer supported to run and closes.Please help how to perform InPlace Upgrade without losing data on OS drive and get onto Windows 10.ThanksAnil...
  3. Upgrade windows 8.1 single language to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade windows 8.1 single language to Windows 10: Community/Support,Currently I have windows 8.1 single language running on a laptop and recently seeing many Apps shows the OS is no longer supported to run and closes.Please help how to perform InPlace Upgrade without losing data on OS drive and get onto Windows 10.ThanksAnil...
  4. Upgrade windows 8.1 single language to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. What is the difference between Cross-language Windows 7 and Windows 7?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the difference between Cross-language Windows 7 and Windows 7?: Hello everyone,Well, I'm trying to upgrade from Windows 1.0 to Windows 10, but when I got to Windows 7 and tried to upgrade to Windows 8 I am only given the option to keep personal files only or nothing. I tried to search online and they say that while Windows 7 can keep apps...
  6. What is the difference between Cross-language Windows 7 and Windows 7?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the difference between Cross-language Windows 7 and Windows 7?: Hello everyone,Well, I'm trying to upgrade from Windows 1.0 to Windows 10, but when I got to Windows 7 and tried to upgrade to Windows 8 I am only given the option to keep personal files only or nothing. I tried to search online and they say that while Windows 7 can keep apps...
  7. Upgrade of windows 10 single language

Upgrade of windows 10 single language: Hello! I have a question. At this moment my laptop has Windows 10 Home Single Language Edition installed. That's the problem for me, because i can't change system language to English. It's important for me, because when the file system appears in my native language some...
  8. Windows 10 red cross issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 red cross issue: During start up, the icons look normal. after a while, red crosses appears on the drive. These arent network drives. System restore doesnt help. Any views on this? Thanks [ATTACH]...
  9. Cross language upgrades are not supported - then what to do?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cross language upgrades are not supported - then what to do?: Greetings. I have been told, that "our" free version of Windows 10 don't support change of language by Andre Da Costa. See this link for info: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...c-edd044a0418d I then asked (but have not get an answer) what will happend to my...
  10. Windows 10 change system language in upgrade

Windows 10 change system language in upgrade: Hi! I have windows 8.1 Pro Fin x64. I want to upgrade it to Windows 10 and keep my programs and settings unchanged and in upgrade change also system language to En-us in the upgrade process. I have created using MS Media Creation Tool Windows 10 Pro x64 DVD. If I...