Windows 10: Upgrade to Windows 10 Home Failed

Discus and support Upgrade to Windows 10 Home Failed in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; This morning I see that Windows Update is trying to update Windows 10 Home on my desktop not once but twice by itself through Windows Update. I am not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by imcanadian, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Upgrade to Windows 10 Home Failed

This morning I see that Windows Update is trying to update Windows 10 Home on my desktop not once but twice by itself through Windows Update. I am not sure why is the update failed? I will check again later to see if the update will work next time by itself. I was surprised to see that I got the update (failed twice) one day earlier than the release date -- Wednesday, July 29th (tomorrow).

John

:)

imcanadian, Jul 27, 2015

2. upgrade to windows 10 home

I have gone through all these articles, but nothing addresses the issue. I repeatedly receive these messages when I "Review Update History"

Name Status Importance Date Installed

Upgrade to Windows 10 Home Failed Important 8/10/2015

Upgrade to Windows 10 Home Failed Important 8/9/2015

Upgrade to Windows 10 Home Failed Important 8/9/2015

Upgrade to Windows 10 Home Failed Important 8/8/2015

Upgrade to Windows 10 Home Failed Important 8/7/2015

Upgrade to Windows 10 Home Failed Important 8/7/2015

Upgrade to Windows 10 Home Failed Important 8/6/2015

Upgrade to Windows 10 Home Failed Important 8/5/2015

Upgrade to Windows 10 Home Failed Important 8/4/2015

Upgrade to Windows 10 Home Failed Important 8/3/2015

Upgrade to Windows 10 Home Failed Important 8/2/2015

Upgrade to Windows 10 Home Failed Important 8/2/2015

It appears that Windows 10 Home has been attempting to install since 8/2/2015, but can not for some reason. I'd like to know what I need to do to correct the problem so the download can complete.

BrendaLuckey, Jul 27, 2015
  3. Jim JC Win User
    upgrade to windows 10 home

I also am having the same issue with a Dell Inspiron Laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium. Does anyone have an answer to this issue, seems like numerous people are having the same problem!

Jim JC, Jul 27, 2015
  4. Upgrade to Windows 10 Home Failed

It started downloading to my laptop then quite with an error C1900200. The code does not help much. I suspect it means gives it time. Upgrade to Windows 10 Home Failed :)

alkaufmann, Jul 27, 2015
  5. Now I know that I am not the only one and wonder if Microsoft Canada are testing the update through Windows Update before the launch of Windows 10 after midnight (tonight).

John

imcanadian, Jul 27, 2015
  6. As of my time at 7:45 p.m. the update failed six times so far since this morning. I am not sure what blocked the update from downloading the new version of Windows 10. Should I check to see why is the update failing six times today so far or don't worry till tomorrow. Your advice would be appreciated with what to do about the update failed in my computer.

John

imcanadian, Jul 28, 2015
  7. wrogg Win User
    I'm getting 3 attempts of "upgrade to Windows 10 failed" in action center after every boot or re start. I don't even think I'm getting pro! it says home in the advise.
    No email, information
    Laptop is doing the same..
    Didn't expect anything else if I'm honest.

wrogg, Jul 28, 2015
  8. wrogg Win User

Upgrade to Windows 10 Home Failed

It now says neither is compatible and they are working hard with their partners to resolve this, in the meantime action center and event log overflow with failed attempts.

wrogg, Jul 28, 2015
  9. Ditto. Tried restart, nada.

Upgrade to Windows 10 Home Failed [​IMG]

nigelmercier, Jul 28, 2015
  10. Akane Win User
  11. I can't delete the single file or all the folders in C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution

[Later] However I can delete (or move) the Download folder, and it has been recreated. Something wonderful is happening ...

12. wrogg Win User
  13. Upgrade to Windows 10 Home Failed

And then it failed *Sad

14. Kyhi Win User
    right click reservation flag - check upgrade status - get windows 10
    started upgrade process for me

15. I tried this and I just get a message saying "something happened" ... not very helpful at all. I have had 6 update failed notifications in my windows update history today *Sad .. not sure what to do now.

loquacious, Jul 28, 2015
Thema:

Upgrade to Windows 10 Home Failed

1. Upgrade to Windows 10 Home Failed - Similar Threads - Upgrade Home Failed

2. Windows 10 Home upgrade to Windows 11 failing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home upgrade to Windows 11 failing.: Windows 10 Home upgrade to Windows 11 failing - It fails to update at the last stage after restart - Not sure what is blocking it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-upgrade-to-windows-11-failing/ef64abef-daed-4a2d-b9a9-11c8d1e935b5
  3. Upgrade from Windows 8.1 Home to Windows 10 Home Fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Windows 8.1 Home to Windows 10 Home Fails: My dad is trying to upgrade his Windows 8.1 Home laptop to Windows 10 Home. I purchased and activated the license, but at a point in the upgrade I just get an error that says “Windows 10 installation has failed”. No error code or explanation. Just this message.Any idea what...
  4. Upgrade from Windows 8.1 Home to Windows 10 Home Fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Windows 8.1 Home to Windows 10 Home Fails: My dad is trying to upgrade his Windows 8.1 Home laptop to Windows 10 Home. I purchased and activated the license, but at a point in the upgrade I just get an error that says “Windows 10 installation has failed”. No error code or explanation. Just this message.Any idea what...
  5. Upgrade from Windows 8.1 Home to Windows 10 Home Fails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 10 Home to Pro Upgrade Fails

Windows 10 Home to Pro Upgrade Fails: I just purchased from Microsoft Store an upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows Pro. The online installation failed. I did not, however, record the error number it might have been 0x800704ec, but I cannot be certain.My questions are the following:1. How do I return to the...
  7. Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro Failed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro Failed: Hi,I have just bought the Win10 Pro upgrade, went to install and it failed. Now my Windows 10 product key seems to be corrupt, and my Windows 10 says it is enterprise edition instead of home and no longer activated. Trying to re-activate fails due to invalid key.I can find my...
  8. Windows 10 home upgrade to pro failed

Windows 10 home upgrade to pro failed: I had a hard drive failure. When I had a new drive installed the company installed a non-activated copy of Windows 10 home on the new drive. I did not notice that the version was inactive being as I was going to upgrade to pro. I went to the Windows store and purchased the...
  9. Windows 7 Home upgrade to Windows 10 Home "Failed"

Windows 7 Home upgrade to Windows 10 Home "Failed": So I finally bought Windows 10 after missing the free upgrade window and of course the installation won't work. I have a valid Product Key for W10, downloaded the media creation tool and have tried several times to upgrade, and each time it goes through the whole installation...
  10. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade FAILS

Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade FAILS: Hi, I bought a new laptop - running Windows 10 Home - and removed all the softwares that came with it. Then I bought from the Microsoft Store an upgrade to Pro. The upgrade installs, reboots, and when it come back, I've got this message: "We couldn't complete the upgrade,...