Windows 10: upgrade Win 8 technet licenses

Discus and support upgrade Win 8 technet licenses in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a bunch of Win 8.1 licenses from my technet subscription. Obviously, the subscription no long exists, but I find these licenses still work when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by xoda, Jul 24, 2016.

1. xoda Win User

upgrade Win 8 technet licenses

I have a bunch of Win 8.1 licenses from my technet subscription. Obviously, the subscription no long exists, but I find these licenses still work when I activate my machines.

So my question is: how can I batch upgrade these licenses to Win 10 before it the free upgrade period lapses?

:)

2. gassin19 Win User

Netbook with 2 licences eligible for windows 10 upgrade

My netbook was bought with windows 7 starter edition OEM licensed. After the release of win 8 I purchased a second license directly from Microsoft store and upgraded it to windows 8.1 pro. Both licenses are eligible for free windows 10 upgrade. So I
    tend to use the OEM license for upgrading my netbook to Windows 10 home edition and the purchased license to upgrade my vista desktop to win 10 pro My questions are:

1. Do I have to re-install windows 7 starter edition to my netbook (now with win 8.1 pro) in order to exploit the free upgrade to windows 10 home edition?

2. How can I transfer my purchased win 8 license to my vista desktop pc?

Thanks.

gassin19, Jul 24, 2016
  3. Rohn007 Win User
    transfer license

No. The "free" upgrade takes the characteristics and license terms of the original it upgraded from. If you had Win 8 Home, you get Win 10 If it was an OEM license, factory installed and activated, then the Win 10 upgrade is still considered OEM. That
    means no transfer to new device.

Rohn007, Jul 24, 2016
  4. Plankton Win User

The licenses should still be good, no matter what version you're running. You can't upgrade keys.

To answer your question; you will need to upgrade to windows 10 before the dead line for however many keys you have.

Plankton, Jul 24, 2016
  5. axe0 New Member
    While the offer is available it is possible to use Windows 7 & 8.1 keys to activate Windows 10 without first upgrading.
    What you need to do is run the setup for Windows 10, if you install Windows 10 on a system that has no other OS installed or a OS like Vista or XP you can use a key of 8.1 or 7 for activating Windows 10.

6. NavyLCDR New Member
    You can't upgrade just product keys to Windows 10. You upgrade devices to Windows 10. The license for Windows 10 stored on Microsoft activation servers is for that computer - not for the Windows 7/8/8.1 product key that it came for.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. upgrade Win 8 technet licenses - Similar Threads - upgrade technet licenses

2. Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..: Hi team.I have an issue with updating from win 8 to. 8.1..or 10.I don't use my notebook that often and only for email, word documents and printing..small browsing and you tube.Don't wanna buy a new machine just yet...I'm running win8 x 64 bit.But want to update the os to a...
  3. Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..: Hi team.I have an issue with updating from win 8 to. 8.1..or 10.I don't use my notebook that often and only for email, word documents and printing..small browsing and you tube.Don't wanna buy a new machine just yet...I'm running win8 x 64 bit.But want to update the os to a...
  4. Upgrade from Licensed Win 7 to Licensed Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Licensed Win 7 to Licensed Win 10: Currently, I heard online saying that Microsoft will free all upgrade keys from Win7 with license to upgrade to Win10 with license for 1 year. Is it the truth? If more than 1 year free from that date, what should I do to upgrade to licensed Win10?Sorry, I'm not a good student...
  5. Upgrade from Licensed Win 7 to Licensed Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade from Licensed Win 7 to Licensed Win 10: Currently, I heard online saying that Microsoft will free all upgrade keys from Win7 with license to upgrade to Win10 with license for 1 year. Is it the truth? If more than 1 year free from that date, what should I do to upgrade to licensed Win10?Sorry, I'm not a good student...
  6. Upgrade from Licensed Win 7 to Licensed Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. upgrade from win 8 to win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade from win 8 to win 10: hi can I upgrade my win 8 on a tablet samsung Ativ tab3 to win 10 thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-win-8-to-win-10/61700be7-585e-4c5c-8493-1a14befff78e
  8. technet activations & free Win 10 upgrade question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    technet activations & free Win 10 upgrade question: I used to subscribe to Technet before Microsoft discontinued the program. I have a legal, retail, Windows 7 Premium package that was an upgrade to Vista. I just used one of my Technet Windows 7 Ultimate keys that I had saved from my Technet subscription to upgrade...
  9. Win 8 not 8.1 upgrade to win 10?

Win 8 not 8.1 upgrade to win 10?: I have a laptop with win 8 on it it does not have win 8.1 on it, can I use the win 10 mediacreation tool to upgrade win 8 (non 8.1) to win 10? 43418
  10. Reinstalling Win 10 starting from a Win 8 license

Reinstalling Win 10 starting from a Win 8 license: Hi, I have a Win 8 license, am running 8.1. If I upgrade to Win 10, then need to reinstall from scratch, where would I start? Starting from Win 8 would be horrendous! Thanks. 3677