Windows 10: Upgrade Windows 10 pro

Discus and support Upgrade Windows 10 pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello,Upgrading my windows 10 pro is not working (tried many times and at boot it froze), you know it from my previous posts, old pc, old board,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Motim, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Motim Win User

Upgrade Windows 10 pro

Hello,Upgrading my windows 10 pro is not working (tried many times and at boot it froze), you know it from my previous posts, old pc, old board, drivers cannot be updated, until I buy a new pc.However, frequently Microsoft it trying to upgrade my system even I disabled the update in services - it opens independetly (sometimes I do not notice because I am bussy doing something else) and starts building a large folder "$Windows.~BT". I again stop the update and disable again in services, try to delete this folder as admin but it refuses to be deleted.I have noticed in the task manager's processes list something new "com.surrogate", I click on it and 'end task', only then I can delete this large folder.Now my questions:1. What is this "com.surrogate", where did it come from, what makes it run, how to get rid of it (if possible).2. How to stop permanently these attempts to upgrade the system, sometimes I even disconnect the line.
    I only keep updating Defender definitions daily.Answers will be appreciatedThanks

:)

Motim, Dec 26, 2017

2. Windows 7 to Windows 10... Upgrade Windows 10 pro :(

Ok, so here's what my Windows Update History reads :

Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro Failed 06/08/2015

Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro Failed 06/08/2015

Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro Failed 04/08/2015

Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro Failed 03/08/2015

I'm off to find Lord Lucan and Shergar as that would be an easier task.

Lee McDougall, Dec 26, 2017
  3. DanSchell Win User
    Upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Pro

I would like to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 8.1.

Should I upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 8.1 Pro first then upgrade to Windows 10 Pro?

or

Should I upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 then upgrade to Windows 10 Pro?

Pro's and Con's of each route?

Thanks

DanSchell, Dec 26, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Upgrade Windows 10 pro

Hi, there's a tutorial on the topic of disabling Windows update: also try
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...lling-in-windo

Also as you have Pro there are group policy options:

Launch the Group policy editor and set options to delay and notify you of updates.

Upgrade Windows 10 pro [​IMG]

- and you can defer (delay) updates too.
    (Note that's as in build 1709 - yours may differ slightly).

dalchina, Dec 26, 2017
Thema:

Upgrade Windows 10 pro

1. Upgrade Windows 10 pro - Similar Threads - Upgrade pro

2. How to upgrade window 7 pro to window 10 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to upgrade window 7 pro to window 10 ?: Recently i need to install some software and found it not compatible with my osWindow 7 Pro, then i search thought the microsoft Community regarding update to window 10 from window 7 pro. Unfortunately the "Create Windows 10 installation media" not work for my case. i keep...
  3. How to upgrade window 7 pro to window 10 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to upgrade window 7 pro to window 10 ?: Recently i need to install some software and found it not compatible with my osWindow 7 Pro, then i search thought the microsoft Community regarding update to window 10 from window 7 pro. Unfortunately the "Create Windows 10 installation media" not work for my case. i keep...
  4. can I upgrade windows 10 enterprise to windows 11 pro? if so how? please help new job...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can I upgrade windows 10 enterprise to windows 11 pro? if so how? please help new job...: Hello, I have Windows 10 Enterprise which I did not realize there was such a difference to upgrade. But in a few posts, I saw I have to go through a bunch of steps to get Windows Pro 11. can someone please help me understand how to do this? I have to have Windows Pro 11 for...
  5. can I upgrade windows 10 enterprise to windows 11 pro? if so how? please help new job...

can I upgrade windows 10 enterprise to windows 11 pro? if so how? please help new job...: Hello, I have Windows 10 Enterprise which I did not realize there was such a difference to upgrade. But in a few posts, I saw I have to go through a bunch of steps to get Windows Pro 11. can someone please help me understand how to do this? I have to have Windows Pro 11 for...
  6. can I upgrade windows 10 enterprise to windows 11 pro? if so how? please help new job...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. I'm buying an old laptop with Windows 8 Pro. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm buying an old laptop with Windows 8 Pro. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free or...: I'm buying a used HP laptop that has had all it's data including the original OS completely wiped via Blancco. The units original OS was Windows 8 Pro. I'm assuming the method to reinstall Windows is by using the Media Creation tool via USB. If I do this will the device...
  8. I'm buying an old laptop with Windows 8 Pro. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free or...

I'm buying an old laptop with Windows 8 Pro. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free or...: I'm buying a used HP laptop that has had all it's data including the original OS completely wiped via Blancco. The units original OS was Windows 8 Pro. I'm assuming the method to reinstall Windows is by using the Media Creation tool via USB. If I do this will the device...
  9. I'm buying an old laptop with Windows 8 Pro. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free or...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade failed with 0x80070490

Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade failed with 0x80070490: Hi,I purchased a brand new Acer laptop with Windows 11 Home edition preinstalled on it. After activating the Windows and installing all the available updates, I purchased a Windows 11 Pro licence through Microsoft Store, but the upgrade failed with Error Code 0x80070490.I...