Windows 10: Upgrade Windows 11 Home to Pro without a key

Discus and support Upgrade Windows 11 Home to Pro without a key in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I had a hardware switch and now have a pre-installed Home version which I am looking to upgrade to a Pro version. My old account has Windows 11... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AnkaEB, Jun 12, 2024.

1. AnkaEB Win User

Upgrade Windows 11 Home to Pro without a key

Hello,I had a hardware switch and now have a pre-installed Home version which I am looking to upgrade to a Pro version. My old account has Windows 11 Pro and I cant upgrade without a key and cant activate through my old account cause I dont have the same version installed. Is there a way to upgrade to pro and then search for my old license to activate it?Thank you

:)

AnkaEB, Jun 12, 2024
  2. JBryan41 Win User

Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade

Want to upgrade 11 Home to 11 Pro. Tried download, but apparently files transferred were for 11 Enterprise. This will not activate; error is "invalid digital license or product key". This is on a new Surface. How to proceed?

Can withdraw/delete this. The suggestion to downgrade - listed below - with a 'fake' windows 10 key works.

JBryan41, Jun 12, 2024
  3. JonGrimes Win User
    Windows 11 Pro Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro Edition

No but after it installed the malfunctioning Windows 11 upgrade it was listed as Windows 11 Pro. Microsoft Windows support advised I reinstall Windows 10 Pro and said that Windows 11 is really only meant for new PC's that come with it preinstalled. MSI website doesn't list my 2020 GT76 Titan dt-039 notebook on their Windows 11 upgrade eligibility list so I guess that's why the Windows 11 Pro upgrade failed. I suggest being careful with trying the Windows 11 upgrade despite it stating my notebook was capable of running Windows 11 it was wrong. Luckily I have the original Windows 10 Pro USB Flash drive because the Windows 11 Pro upgrade was so incomplete I had no way of reverting notebook back to Windows 10 without reinstalling from a USB Flash.

JonGrimes, Jun 12, 2024
  4. Akara68 Win User

How to Recover Windows 11 Pro Upgrade

If you have upgraded to Windows 11 Pro and are facing issues or problems with the upgrade, there are a few steps you can take to recover the upgrade.

Here are the steps to recover Windows 11 Pro upgrade be shared by Laptopunder15000:

1. Open the Settings app by pressing Windows key + I, and then click on "Update & Security".
    2. In the left pane, click on "Recovery".
    3. In the right pane, click on "Reset this PC", and then click on "Get started".
    4. Choose whether you want to keep your files or remove everything, and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the reset process.
    5. Once the reset process is complete, go back to the Settings app and click on "Update & Security".
    6. Click on "Windows Update", and then click on "Check for updates".
    7. If there are any available updates, download and install them.
    If the above steps do not resolve the issue, you can try using the System File Checker (SFC) tool to repair any corrupted system files. Here's how to use the SFC tool:

1. Open Command Prompt as an administrator.
    2. Type "sfc /scannow" (without quotes) and press Enter.
    3. Wait for the scan to complete, and then restart your computer.
    If the issue still persists, you can try using the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool to repair any system image issues. Here's how to use the DISM tool:

1. Open Command Prompt as an administrator.
    2. Type "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" (without quotes) and press Enter.
    3. Wait for the scan to complete, and then restart your computer.
    If none of the above steps work, you may need to consider performing a clean installation of Windows 11 Pro.

Akara68, Jun 12, 2024
Thema:

1. Upgrade Windows 11 Home to Pro without a key - Similar Threads - Upgrade Home Pro

2. Upgrade Windows 11 Home to Pro without a key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade Windows 11 Home to Pro without a key: Hello,I had a hardware switch and now have a pre-installed Home version which I am looking to upgrade to a Pro version. My old account has Windows 11 Pro and I cant upgrade without a key and cant activate through my old account cause I dont have the same version installed. Is...
  3. Getting a license key for a Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting a license key for a Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade: Hi everyone,I work for an MSP and I have a managed customer who needs a few existing PC's upgraded from Windows 11 Home to Pro.I've done this before with the method of putting in a company Microsoft account with a company credit card to purchase the upgrade from right inside...
  4. Getting a license key for a Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade

Getting a license key for a Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade: Hi everyone,I work for an MSP and I have a managed customer who needs a few existing PC's upgraded from Windows 11 Home to Pro.I've done this before with the method of putting in a company Microsoft account with a company credit card to purchase the upgrade from right inside...
  5. Windows 11 Home upgrade to Pro without Home installation

Windows 11 Home upgrade to Pro without Home installation: I'm running Windows 11 on Parallels for Mac. I wanted to install Windows 11 Home, but after I tried to add the product key, I discovered the Parallels already installed Windows 11 Pro. I would like to upgrade my Home product for Pro, I have a Home registration key, but don't...
  6. Windows 11 Home upgrade to Pro without Home installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home upgrade to Pro without Home installation: I'm running Windows 11 on Parallels for Mac. I wanted to install Windows 11 Home, but after I tried to add the product key, I discovered the Parallels already installed Windows 11 Pro. I would like to upgrade my Home product for Pro, I have a Home registration key, but don't...
  7. Windows 11 home to Windows 11 pro upgrade by product key - not active

Windows 11 home to Windows 11 pro upgrade by product key - not active: HI,I bought a product key for windows 11 pro, I did install it however i get error code an not able to activate -> 0x80072EE7.Is there a way to resolve the issue? Tried to do the phone activation but it doesnt help. Windows suggest installing windows 11 home again which I...
  8. Windows 11 Home Upgrade to Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home Upgrade to Pro: How do I chat with Microsoft directly? I purchased an upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro. When I tried to install, I have a message saying I tried ti activate Windows 11 Enterprise. I am stuck now and need help....
  9. upgrading from windows 10 home to 10 pro without original product key for home.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrading from windows 10 home to 10 pro without original product key for home.: Windows10 home was loaded on my laptop when I purchased it. I now want to upgrade to 10 pro, but am being told I need original product key for 10 home. Please help! How can I get the upgrade, or prove I have the 10 home legitimately? Thanks....
  10. Upgrade pre-installed Home to Pro without a key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade pre-installed Home to Pro without a key: Hello - I have a pre-installed Home version which I am looking to upgrade to a Pro version. I already have a key bought from elsewhere but the system does not take the key when I enter it as it is the key for a pro version. I would thus like to be able to install the Pro...