Windows 10: Upgrade won't download

Discus and support Upgrade won't download in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I tried to upgrade through the link pasted below, downloaded the upgrade assistant, and started the download. At around 98% it stopped and I received... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JBGoode, Aug 18, 2016.

1. JBGoode Win User

Upgrade won't download

I tried to upgrade through the link pasted below, downloaded the upgrade assistant, and started the download. At around 98% it stopped and I received the error that there was not enough disk space. I have 546 gigabytes available on C drive so space is obviously not an issue but it appears that it was downloading to D (recovery) for some reason which only has about 2.8 gigs available. Any idea why this is happening?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...setting_client

:)

JBGoode, Aug 18, 2016

2. windows 10

i have recieved my windows 10 upgrade but the upgrade won't download all i get on the screen is it's working at it, there are 3 stages to the download i won't even do the first stage. ??????????????

pauldove_906, Aug 18, 2016
  3. Why does microsoft jigsaw keep freezing?

You can't, and you won't get any help.

Actually there is one way and that is upgrading and paying for premium.

But I did that, and it still freezes occasionally, plus I can't download any more puzzles; it just says downloading but won't download. So there you go.

TexasRose5, Aug 18, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Upgrade won't download

Hello, I've seen similar reports.
    Firstly is your disk fully allocated- i.e. no unallocated space?
    It seems the upgrade creates a new 450Mb partition.
    Secondly you can try manually downloading the iso or bootable medium.

Note: it is an advantage to have a current build Win 10 bootable medium if
    - you wish to upgrade multiple machines
    - you subsequently need to do a clean install
    - you subsequently wish to do an in-place upgrade repair install
    - your PC becomes unbootable and you wish to use the recovery features of the boot medium

As to why, one could guess that since extensive work is done on C: as part of the upgrade, temporary files are not written there. However, if MS hasn't done its sums properly and it picks a partition where there isn't enough space, well, egg on face.

dalchina, Aug 18, 2016
  5. JBGoode Win User
    My disk looks like this: It's a 750 gig HDD on an HP laptop. I'm kind of a tech idiot *Huh except for what I need to know for work. I should add that I don't think all of the update was going to D--just some of it. There was a new Windows 10 folder in both C and D. It was very odd. I'm really in no hurry to get it so I might just wait for it to come through regular windows update and see if it works. If not, I'll just create a usb and try that. I really only wanted to get it now because I intend to install Classic Shell after I'm upgraded because I dislike the look of the new start menu and have no use for tiles.

Upgrade won't download [​IMG]

JBGoode, Aug 18, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, I've just read a couple of articles that make me wonder just what's going on as regards manufacturer's recovery partitions and the upgrade:
    Will Recovery Partition be deleted with Windows 10 - Microsoft Community
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...6-c75d5c40dd20

I find this disconcerting - as I said, one other person has commented on this in this forum.

By contrast, I have two partitions on my SSD, for C: and D: (and the others related to Windows installation). I've seen no effect on D:

Researching
    windows anniversary upgrade not enough space
    gives plenty of results but nothing very definitive that I've seen so far - even 'MS is working on it'.

I would simply try upgrading having manually downloaded or created the appropriate iso or boot medium, as this separates the issues of downloading and upgrading. That way you have more control and waste less time if you need to try again.

Absolutely agree.. Classic Shell. Properly expresses a hierarchical start menu, good search, configurable, and you can even launch apps from it.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Upgrade won't download

1. Upgrade won't download - Similar Threads - Upgrade won't download

2. KB5001716 won't Download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB5001716 won't Download: Windows Update is saying:Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.But when I try to download, it gives me this error message:There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or...
  3. Java won't download

Java won't download: I keep trying to install it but no matter what nothing happens. I've tried restarting and turning my computer off and on but it doesn't fix anything. I haven't had this problem with any other computers i've had and i don't understand why it won't work....
  4. Mail won't download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail won't download: Does anyone know how to fix the issue with some emails not downloading in Mail app? Only select senders like eBay. I have tried the sync settings, it's not that. I have 2 linked inboxes. Not using outlook at all, so it's not one of them. Thanks!...
  5. Game won't download

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Game won't download: I purchased a game in Microsoft stores. After I click install on device a message pops up saying that I don't have an applicable device linked to my Microsoft account. Why is it not allowing me to install?? plz help!...
  6. Won't download?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Won't download?: Ark for windows 10 won't download on my pc. after about 100 mb of download, it says error. I have wiped my cash and i am very sure i purchased the game. any thoughts on how to fix?...
  7. Game won't download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game won't download: I recenty purchased the xbox game pass and everything works fine apart from Impernator rome. When I try to download it says error. Clicking see details shows the code: 0x80073CF3. Other apps/games download fine....
  8. Minecraft won't download

Minecraft won't download: When trying to download minecraft java edition to my PC, I keep getting an error that 'Another installation is in progress & I must complete that installation before continuing this one.' Iwent to my program files, download files & desktop & made sure anything related to...
  9. Upgrade Won'T Work

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade Won'T Work: I had to have a new computer built after my Dell "died". The tech who built it used Windows 10 Home instead of my installation CD for Windows 10 Pro. I'm trying to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro. I have a legitimate Windows 10 Pro key but when I try to...
  10. Maxthon won't download

in Browsers and Email
    Maxthon won't download: I've been using windows 10 for about 2 weeks. The browser I use on all my PCs is Maxthon because it is pretty nifty. Don't try to convert me to another one - it's already to late. Everything works fine...for awhile. Eventually the browser's download manager stops working. It...