Windows 10: Upgraded and now have no network

Discus and support Upgraded and now have no network in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Upgrading an older computer from 1709 16229.19 to 1803 17134.191. All during the upgrade I was downloading from my Ethernet connection thru my network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by meebers, Aug 5, 2018.

1. meebers Win User

Upgraded and now have no network

Upgrading an older computer from 1709 16229.19 to 1803 17134.191. All during the upgrade I was downloading from my Ethernet connection thru my network adapter. When it was finished, I noticed that it no longer has a network connection. (Red X on adapter) Troubleshooting said my Ethernet cable was bad/unplugged ?? Changed it anyway with same result. Swapped the ethernet switch ports with another computer on the same switch recycled modem/router/computer.

If I remember correct, the ethernet cable when plugged into the computer shows a connection light? That is not on even though the ethernet switch recognizes it as a GB connection.

Device manager/network adapters show no errors. Possibly a driver problem?

Appreciate any suggestions

:)

meebers, Aug 5, 2018
  2. Boatvan Win User

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Aug 5, 2018
  3. No network connectivity after Windows 10 Upgrade

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response:

I would suggest you to run Network troubleshooter.

Try the following steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select “Network Adapter”

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Hope this helps.

Waseemulla S, Aug 5, 2018
  4. Upgraded and now have no network

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 5, 2018
Thema:

Upgraded and now have no network

1. Upgraded and now have no network - Similar Threads - Upgraded network

2. I upgraded from windows 8 to windows 8.1 . all drivers are missing especially network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I upgraded from windows 8 to windows 8.1 . all drivers are missing especially network: I upgraded from windows 8 to windows 8.1 . all drivers are missing especially network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-upgraded-from-windows-8-to-windows-81-all/dd918925-218a-4b25-b9e6-0d731212ca24
  3. I upgraded from windows 8 to windows 8.1 . all drivers are missing especially network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I upgraded from windows 8 to windows 8.1 . all drivers are missing especially network: I upgraded from windows 8 to windows 8.1 . all drivers are missing especially network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-upgraded-from-windows-8-to-windows-81-all/dd918925-218a-4b25-b9e6-0d731212ca24
  4. Unable to Map Network Drive since W10 upgrades

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Map Network Drive since W10 upgrades: I have a local NAS connected to my home Router, and for many years have happily connected to the individual HDD’s by ‘Mapping the drives’There is a mapping Utility which runs and identifies IP address of NAS and the volume, but when I try to connect gives ‘Failed to map...
  5. Unable to Map Network Drive since W10 upgrades

Unable to Map Network Drive since W10 upgrades: I have a local NAS connected to my home Router, and for many years have happily connected to the individual HDD’s by ‘Mapping the drives’There is a mapping Utility which runs and identifies IP address of NAS and the volume, but when I try to connect gives ‘Failed to map...
  6. Unable to Map Network Drive since W10 upgrades

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Network connectivity issues after reinstalling Windows, and unable to upgrade to Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network connectivity issues after reinstalling Windows, and unable to upgrade to Windows 10.: Hello, this is my first time here. I was running Windows 8.1 on my PC an outdated XPS 8700 and I recently decided to reinstall windows in order to wipe my computer and start off on a clean slate. However, as I finished reinstalling windows, I ran into many problems. For one,...
  8. Network connectivity issues after reinstalling Windows, and unable to upgrade to Windows 10.

Network connectivity issues after reinstalling Windows, and unable to upgrade to Windows 10.: Hello, this is my first time here. I was running Windows 8.1 on my PC an outdated XPS 8700 and I recently decided to reinstall windows in order to wipe my computer and start off on a clean slate. However, as I finished reinstalling windows, I ran into many problems. For one,...
  9. lost printer network after multipul Software upgrades

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost printer network after multipul Software upgrades: Over the last 2 years Win 10 upgraded have corrupted my Network and sharing. Every upgrade i have had to "allow network discovery" Trying to install a new PC. This PC can see the shared printers but on connecting get error 0x000011b. I cant even cross share on the other PC to...
  10. lost printer network after multipul Software upgrades

lost printer network after multipul Software upgrades: Over the last 2 years Win 10 upgraded have corrupted my Network and sharing. Every upgrade i have had to "allow network discovery" Trying to install a new PC. This PC can see the shared printers but on connecting get error 0x000011b. I cant even cross share on the other PC to...