Windows 10: Upgraded from 8.1 to 10, custom gaming PC is essentially bricked, plea

Discus and support Upgraded from 8.1 to 10, custom gaming PC is essentially bricked, plea in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a custom gaming PC (I don't know all the parts, a friend built it) and I used to have Windows 8.1. I upgraded about a week ago, and for a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by epykenigma, May 29, 2016.

1. Upgraded from 8.1 to 10, custom gaming PC is essentially bricked, plea

I have a custom gaming PC (I don't know all the parts, a friend built it) and I used to have Windows 8.1. I upgraded about a week ago, and for a few days it was running fine.

Well, one day I turn my PC on, log in to the desktop, go to open up Chrome, and then my cursor got stuck on an infinite loading loop. ctrl-alt-delete didn't work, no other apps would open, start menu wouldn't open, etc. I hard-reset my PC, and it happened over and over again. If I log into the desktop and right click, same deal. Opening any app and it happens. try to open start menu, it happens. Sometimes I'll log in, and it will go straight to freezing. Usually though, I can log in, and drag my mouse around (I use that as a tester) and I can highlight apps. It's not until I try to do something that it freezes.

Well, once I do these hard resets, I try to do the shift+restart thing on the log in page. Everything I try - reset PC, troubleshoot, restore point, etc - it always shuts down my computer. Randomly a few days ago, I turned on my PC and it worked for a few hours. I haven't had the same luck since. I was hoping I could get one good day again, so I could transfer my files to my external hard drive, and just do a factory restore...but I can't even do that! Essentially, I'm in an endless circle of freezing/restarting/shutting down. I've tried researching everything, but to no avail...

Please help me
    Upgraded from 8.1 to 10, custom gaming PC is essentially bricked, plea [​IMG]

Thank you!

:)

epykenigma, May 29, 2016

2. Xbox one games to pc Windows 10

I have an xbox one and windows 10 pc. My pc with windows 10 does not let me play my x box game on my pc ? Pleas someone help me

Moved from Insider

TEXASWARSAW, May 29, 2016
  3. window 10 display drive failure

I upgrade my PC from win 8.1 to win 10. On win 8.1 a could play games from Microsoft store but when I upgraded to win 10 I cannot play these games because the display drivers fail and the game screen disappears.

Can you help me solve this issue?

BrianShearer1946, May 29, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Upgraded from 8.1 to 10, custom gaming PC is essentially bricked, plea

NavyLCDR, May 29, 2016
Thema:

Upgraded from 8.1 to 10, custom gaming PC is essentially bricked, plea

1. Upgraded from 8.1 to 10, custom gaming PC is essentially bricked, plea - Similar Threads - Upgraded custom gaming

2. Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.: I have an older Laptop that I use for travel. It was my wife's old laptop. It crashed ad I had reload then it became available. OEM disks after replacing the hard drive. Now it's running 8.1. I had previously upgraded it to Widows 10 when available. It I just bought a new...
  3. Upgrade from 8. to 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from 8. to 10: Downloading windows 10 from 8.1 this message pops up "This cant run on your PC' What does this mean?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-8-to-10/e8e9e65d-8325-4dc3-bca1-3ce2e1858e46
  4. Upgrade from 8. to 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from 8. to 10: Downloading windows 10 from 8.1 this message pops up "This cant run on your PC' What does this mean?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-8-to-10/e8e9e65d-8325-4dc3-bca1-3ce2e1858e46
  5. Upgrade from 8. to 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Window 10 upgrade from 8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 10 upgrade from 8: Can I upgrade direct from 8 to 10 I have tried updating to 8.1 but it is continually failing attached is a copy of my specs on this laptop Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-upgrade-from-8/b95452fa-dbf9-4d06-bcbe-60d52335c15a
  7. Motherboard upgrade to custom built gaming PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Motherboard upgrade to custom built gaming PC: Hey,I'm upgrading my CPU and motherboard and I wanted to get info on what to expect for the first time boot.My Windows version is Win10 for Education, received for free from OnTheHub.com. I built this PC in December of 2018 and had no major issues.My current specs are: CPU:...
  8. upgrading to Windows 10 from 8

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrading to Windows 10 from 8: Hello, So I finally upgraded my dads windows 8 laptop to windows 10 because he's a stubborn old man who wouldnt do it when it was free.. That windows 8 version had face recognition password that he used to log in and cant remember the password he used to create that log...
  9. WiFi not working after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8. 1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi not working after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8. 1: After I upgrade my windows 8.1 to windows 10 my WiFi is not working. When I restart also it isn't working. Randomly after I shutdown and start my laptop, it's working. Hope a quick solution for this issue. Thank you....
  10. Computer Bricked (Essentially)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Bricked (Essentially): Hello I am at wits end and have decided to create an account to ask the community for assistance and in advance thank you to any and all for any help provided... My computer was working just fine last night so I am not sure what happened I powered on my PC this afternoon...