Windows 10: Upgraded from Win 7 to 10. Sound is a mess.

Discus and support Upgraded from Win 7 to 10. Sound is a mess. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, I am new to the Forum, I've been using Win 7 for a very long time. I was hoping someone could help me out! I recently upgraded and my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Benjamin1994, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Upgraded from Win 7 to 10. Sound is a mess.

Hi Everyone, I am new to the Forum, I've been using Win 7 for a very long time. I was hoping someone could help me out! I recently upgraded and my Sub-Woofer doesn't work anymore. I have a Logitech 2.1 ch system plugged into the green rear 3.5mm jack on my mother board. My mother board has 6 jacks. The usual 3 jacks for Mic, Line-In and Line-Out. RIGHT!!! Here comes the fun part, There is additional 3 jacks for 7.1 ch systems, Black, cream-brown and a grey. I've never used them, tested them on my friend's sound system though, and they did work. I was still using 7 at the time. Now, I have the problem that my sub-woofer is not working and the sound is like a speaker playing in a fish tin*cry... Only my Stereo side speakers work, and my sound configuration is still the same. Still plugged into GREEN 3.5mm JACK LIKE IN WINDOWS 7. Tested the small 2.1 system on other devices such as my phone and MP3 players and it works fine, BUT!!! plug it back into my PC and Sub is dead. Can someone please explain to me what I need to do to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

:)

Benjamin1994, Aug 12, 2017

2. How do I revert to the default settings of windows 10?

I was messing around in the settings this morning after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 last night and I guess I must have clicked on something I shouldn't have because now there is no sound coming from my laptop or my speakers.

I was using Win. 10 last night and it was fine then.

How can I go back to the default Windows 10 settings? Or maybe there's another solution to my sound problem?

Thanks!

RileyCampbell, Aug 12, 2017
  3. No sound after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 7 on my acer aspire 5830T

Sir,

After upgrading to win 10 from win 7 no sound , speakers are not working. Please suggest the.

NITANT JAIN, Aug 12, 2017
  4. fireberd Win User

Upgraded from Win 7 to 10. Sound is a mess.

When using the GREEN speaker jack, as you are doing, there is no separation of bass/highs, etc - just all the audio and internally in the speaker system is where its routed to either the bass speaker or the two side speakers.

Your sound type should be set to "Stereo". To access the panel to check/set the speaker type, go to Settings/Devices. Then select Sound settings on the right side (see screenshot). That will bring up the Sound Panel/Playback section (just like Win 7). Your "Speakers" should be set as the default playback device. Click on the speakers and then Click on Configure on the lower left of the panel. Set the speakers for Stereo (and you can test them there).
    All this assumes your sound (such as Realtek) is Windows 10 compatible. From the Biostar site this motherboard only support Windows 2000 / XP / Vista. May be you will have to install a Windows 10 compatible sound card(?)

Upgraded from Win 7 to 10. Sound is a mess. [​IMG]

fireberd, Aug 12, 2017
  5. Thanks, All was actually in order, being the curious fool I am, I decided to open the Sub-woofer(there is no separation of bass/highs, etc - just all the audio and internally in the speaker system is where its routed to either the bass speaker or the two side speakers), I found my problem. Turns out where you plug the cable into the Sub, it was actually a dry connection on the soldering, meaning any upward movement causes it to make a connection when ever I place tension on it when tested with other mobile devices. Slacking again and plugging back into my PC causes it to lose connection, therefore it sounded bad and as you say the bass speaker(sub-woofer) not to work.

Benjamin1994, Aug 12, 2017
  6. fireberd Win User
    Thanks for the feedback and you got it resolved.

fireberd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Upgraded from Win 7 to 10. Sound is a mess.

1. Upgraded from Win 7 to 10. Sound is a mess. - Similar Threads - Upgraded Sound mess

2. Upgrading from Win 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from Win 7: Hello. I am trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 or 11. I get to the download tool and when I try to open it, I get an error code. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-from-win-7/33a030e5-ec18-4d25-8168-f0f73e62b8e3
  3. Upgrading from Win 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading from Win 7: Hello. I am trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 or 11. I get to the download tool and when I try to open it, I get an error code. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-from-win-7/33a030e5-ec18-4d25-8168-f0f73e62b8e3
  4. Upgrading from Win 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10: Hello.Few days ago i make upgrade to Windows 10 on my computer with Windows 7 PRO licence. I know that the free upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 is not free any more. If i check Activation status it is Activeted with digital licence. Is this legal?...
  6. Upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10: If I upgrade my operating system to Win 10 , must I redownload and reinstall all the games that I have on my PC ( around 12 Terabytes ) ? or there is a workaround to avoid that ( so that I can play them in Win 10 without the hassle ) ? Most of the games are on ( steam ,...
  7. upgrade from WIN 7 to WIN 10 failure

upgrade from WIN 7 to WIN 10 failure: getting the error "failed in SECOND BOOT, MIGRATING DATA step" when trying to upgrade from WIN 7 to WIN 10. any idesa on how to fix. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-win-7-to-win-10-failure/5897582e-19f6-4dd0-a905-db07ffc929b9
  8. upgrade to win 10 from 7

upgrade to win 10 from 7: I upgraded briefly about 2 years ago from 7 to 10 and then within an hour went back to win 7. Since that time my "setup backup " and thus backup would not complete.. a couple of days ago after some digging i was getting error code ox80041321 for which after trying a couple...
  9. upgrade from win 7 to 10

upgrade from win 7 to 10: I have an existing desktop computer running with windows 7. I purchased a new windows 10 dvd. My windows 7 is win 10 compatible. All the help ie videos etc seem to be based on using the windows "media creation tool" and not the official Microsoft dvd. If anyone can guide me...
  10. Upgraded from Win 7

Upgraded from Win 7: I upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7 via the free upgrade a few years ago. Do I need to keep my original Win 7 installation disks & Product key? 131586