Windows 10: Upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. BSOD ntoskrnl IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Discus and support Upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. BSOD ntoskrnl IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Upgraded from win 7 to win 10 x64 (legally) and am occaisonally getting BSOD's for IRQL ntoskrn.exe as well as a couple others. What I've done: All... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by demoncamber, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. BSOD ntoskrnl IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Upgraded from win 7 to win 10 x64 (legally) and am occaisonally getting BSOD's for IRQL ntoskrn.exe as well as a couple others.

What I've done: All device manager drivers are reported working ok and no disabled or yellow triangles. GPU has a fresh driver installed and checked the driver in device manager it is current and correct. Let me know if you need anything else.

At first I suspected my Xfi card, so got the proper drivers for that. Then it happened again and suspected my GPU so got the proper drivers for that as well. No idea now..

Also, how can I go about finding and removing any non windows 10 driver left over from the upgrade from windows 7?

System Specs:
    Asus Crosshair Formula II
    Asus R9 390 Strix GPU
    G.Skill 1066 DDR2 8gb
    AMD 1090t x6 CPU
    OCZ gold 850w PSU
    Creative Xfi Fatality Pro

:)

demoncamber, Nov 10, 2015

2. Crashed laptop-hd ok.

My HP laptop had been upgraded from Vista to Win 7 pro and I had it double booting with win 8.1. I activated the free upgrade to win 10 on both installations. I downloaded the ISO and upgraded the win 8.1 to 10 successfully. then my HP started acting
    up and now will not boot - the famous motherboard failure. The hard drive is good. I installed it in my Dell and it boots to win 10 fine but I cannot activate it. Needless to say, the win 7 just boots to the BSOD. Now I can not use the key from either
    to activate a new installation of win 10 and (I haven't tried to upgrade my win 7 home premium to pro yet as I don't think it will activate - seems to be locked by the upgrade registration).

My goal now is to upgrade my Dell (which is currently dual booting to win 7 home premium and Linux Mint) to triple boot to an upgrade of win 7 pro, a new installation of win 10 along with Linux Mint.

Any help will be appreciated.

bigDlittleadoubledyo, Nov 10, 2015
  3. why has windows 10 killed all usb ports? no access to mouse, keyboard or monitor

For the past week I have been receiving the message " you have been logged in with a temporary profile"

The system keeps creating new temp/userprofiles and storing all documents there. I have reset the target but this has not stopped the system creating these new profiles each time I restarted the system.

I have no access to my own documents as a result

Then I got the

BSOD with an error : page fault in non-paged area

and the endless restart loop.

After disconnecting from power and reconnecting the pc started fine, I logged in and about an hour later got

BSOD and this message : irql_not_less_or_equal

This time the system started itself again and went to the next

BSOD and the WDF_Violation

endless loop again.

When it finally came back, I went into to Settings, Recovery to do a reset while keeping my files but the system just shut down.

I just want to revert to windows 7 and give up on win 10. My problem is now though that all usb ports are dead which means I have no keyboard, mouse or monitor working.

My pc is a HP Pavilion P6-2273eg. My husband has almost the exact same PC and has no problems with win 10 at all.

I upgraded to win 10 from win 7 and have since had regular BSOD's and have already once had to reset to win 7 and reinstall win 10.

Lots of the microsoft tips seem to ignore the fact that without usb access to keyboard, mouse and monitor, it is impossible to break into the bios, or click on anything.

Ana_Pirana, Nov 10, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. BSOD ntoskrnl IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Hi demoncamber,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Why do you have 4 pagefiles?
    Code: Page File Location(s): C:\pagefile.sys D:\pagefile.sys F:\pagefile.sys H:\pagefile.sys[/quote] You are required to remove every crack and the cracked software before we proceed.
    Forum rules
    Also uninstall ASUS software, it is known for causing BSOD's.

Upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. BSOD ntoskrnl IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL [​IMG]
    Note This all doesn't have to be related to the bluescreen crashes

5. Lol... I had pagefiles on each drive and disabled on C. I now have only one pagefile on a single drive.
    And what do I have cracked that I need to remove?

demoncamber, Nov 11, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    KMSpico, used for cracking Windows and/or Office.
    You have a legit Windows copy which means Office is cracked.
    Code: Start Menu\Programs\KMSpico Public:Start Menu\Programs\KMSpico Public[/quote] Bypasses for Adobe
    Code: 127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com 127.0.0.1 practivate.adobe.com 127.0.0.1 lmlicenses.wip4.adobe.com 127.0.0.1 lm.licenses.adobe.com 127.0.0.1 na1r.services.adobe.com 127.0.0.1 hlrcv.stage.adobe.com[/quote] Any other bypass/crack and related software needs to be removed.
    A counterfeit installation contains heavily modified code which causes the system to behave in unexpected ways.
    For this reason, analyzing systems with counterfeit programs is unreliable and most analysts won't try it.

Also just in case of, iIf you are using a program like Ccleaner please stop using it while troubleshooting.
    This because programs like Ccleaner remove dump files that are needed to troubleshoot.
    Or configure Ccleaner to not remove dump files:

7. Roger that. I'm trying to figure out how to remove kmspico, and the adobe stuff, I just have those entries so it doesn't auto update. But I'll remove them for you. This is a legit upgrade too, straight from M$.

demoncamber, Nov 12, 2015
  8. Upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. BSOD ntoskrnl IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Bypasses for Adobe
    Code: 127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com 127.0.0.1 practivate.adobe.com 127.0.0.1 lmlicenses.wip4.adobe.com 127.0.0.1 lm.licenses.adobe.com 127.0.0.1 na1r.services.adobe.com 127.0.0.1 hlrcv.stage.adobe.com[/quote] Any other bypass/crack and related software needs to be removed.
    A counterfeit installation contains heavily modified code which causes the system to behave in unexpected ways.
    For this reason, analyzing systems with counterfeit programs is unreliable and most analysts won't try it.

Also just in case of, iIf you are using a program like Ccleaner please stop using it while troubleshooting.
    This because programs like Ccleaner remove dump files that are needed to troubleshoot.
    Or configure Ccleaner to not remove dump files:

[/quote]
    OK all done, everything is removed and reuploaded a new dump for you.

demoncamber, Nov 13, 2015
  9. axe0 New Member
    I suggest you downgrade your BIOS, the current one is in beta, it isn't smart to run beta of something on an unstable system.

After you have downgraded your BIOS, test your system and see how it goes.

10. Thanks, that wont work for me, that bios was specific to the CPU I'm running. And I should state that before the upgrade windows 7 was running flawlessly. Stress tested multiple times, etc etc.

demoncamber, Nov 13, 2015
  11. axe0 New Member
    Remember, 10 is different then 7. That in 7 was no problem is good, but doesn't say anything about 10.

Have you tried a clean install?

12. That is very true! I've built many systems in my day (33 years old) And have installed many operating systems from Windows 2000, xp, xp 64, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and now 10... I've certainly seen that many times! lol.

No I didn't do a clean install, I kind of liked the way 10 upgrades keeping everything installed and all that, so decided to give it a try. These BSODs comes very randomly, and It seems to happen once a day, going good so far today though. I'd really really like to not have to set everything back up again *Biggrin But if we can figure out what the crashes are and where they are coming from, it might be able to be saved from that venture. Here's hoping! Also, Asus stuff has now been removed, forgot to do that but just did it now.

demoncamber, Nov 14, 2015
  13. axe0 New Member

Keep the clean install in mind and let me know how it goes *Smile

14. Ugh.. Just got another ntsokrnl bsod IRQL *Sad Is there any way to find the root cause of this issue?

==================================================
    Dump File : 111615-43093-01.dmp
    Crash Time : 11/16/2015 1:11:37 AM
    Bug Check String : IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    Bug Check Code : 0x0000000a
    Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000039
    Parameter 2 : 00000000`00000002
    Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
    Parameter 4 : fffff803`b6499690
    Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
    Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+14f4d0
    File Description :
    Product Name :
    Company :
    File Version :
    Processor : x64
    Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+14f4d0
    Stack Address 1 :
    Stack Address 2 :
    Stack Address 3 :
    Computer Name :
    Full Path : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\111615-43093-01.dmp
    Processors Count : 6
    Major Version : 15
    Minor Version : 10240
    Dump File Size : 145,177
    Dump File Time : 11/16/2015 1:21:56 AM
    ==================================================

demoncamber, Nov 15, 2015
  15. axe0 New Member
    Hi demoncamber,

I don't know what program you have used, but I assure you that the data we need isn't available in the program.

When you get another BSOD, we need you to run the DM Log Collector tool, upload the zip and give some description so we can analyse the files and try to find a patern using the files and your description.

The ntoskrnl.exe is a Windows file, blamed when no other file can be blamed. If it is indeed the cause, one would have so much more problems. The point: a Windows file is rarely the real cause and I have yet to see it happen for the first time.

Thema:

1. Upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. BSOD ntoskrnl IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Similar Threads - Upgraded BSOD ntoskrnl

2. Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10: Hello.Few days ago i make upgrade to Windows 10 on my computer with Windows 7 PRO licence. I know that the free upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 is not free any more. If i check Activation status it is Activeted with digital licence. Is this legal?...
  3. Win 7 to win 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 7 to win 10 upgrade: This issue was posted 2 yrs ago and no solution was found then. It still has the same problem today on my Toshiba L775 laptop:Error: 0x8007001F - 0x20006 the installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with error during REPLICATE_OC operation while upgrading to Windows 10 from...
  4. Upgrade from win 7 to win 10 fails

Upgrade from win 7 to win 10 fails: I have tried upgrading my system from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10. I downloaded the upgrade from this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10 The upgrade gets approximately 90 to 95 percent installed, and errors out. Now every time I get the...
  5. Upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10: If I upgrade my operating system to Win 10 , must I redownload and reinstall all the games that I have on my PC ( around 12 Terabytes ) ? or there is a workaround to avoid that ( so that I can play them in Win 10 without the hassle ) ? Most of the games are on ( steam ,...
  6. upgrade from WIN 7 to WIN 10 failure

upgrade from WIN 7 to WIN 10 failure: getting the error "failed in SECOND BOOT, MIGRATING DATA step" when trying to upgrade from WIN 7 to WIN 10. any idesa on how to fix. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-win-7-to-win-10-failure/5897582e-19f6-4dd0-a905-db07ffc929b9
  7. upgrade to win 10 from 7

upgrade to win 10 from 7: I upgraded briefly about 2 years ago from 7 to 10 and then within an hour went back to win 7. Since that time my "setup backup " and thus backup would not complete.. a couple of days ago after some digging i was getting error code ox80041321 for which after trying a couple...
  8. upgrade from win 7 to 10

upgrade from win 7 to 10: I have an existing desktop computer running with windows 7. I purchased a new windows 10 dvd. My windows 7 is win 10 compatible. All the help ie videos etc seem to be based on using the windows "media creation tool" and not the official Microsoft dvd. If anyone can guide me...
  9. BSOD after upgrade from win 7 to win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after upgrade from win 7 to win 10: I have a pc I built myself that's been running on windows 7 without any issues whatsoever. I've left this pc on for a week at a time without a bluescreen or even shutdowns. Ever since I've upgraded to windows 10, I've been getting store exception errors every day or two....
  10. Win 7 upgrade to Win 10

Win 7 upgrade to Win 10: I currently have windows 7 and just found out I was to get a free upgrade to Window 10. How do I acquire it please? * Moved from Insider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-upgrade-to-win-10/660e7921-eca1-4cde-be15-203ea0536f50