Windows 10: Upgraded from Win7 to Win10, can't delete old Adobe folder.

Discus and support Upgraded from Win7 to Win10, can't delete old Adobe folder. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Recently, I had replacements done on my desktop rig, including motherboard, CPU, 4x the amount of RAM than I used to have (32GB now, 8GB before), and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thumiza, Jul 9, 2016.

1. thumiza Win User

Upgraded from Win7 to Win10, can't delete old Adobe folder.

Recently, I had replacements done on my desktop rig, including motherboard, CPU, 4x the amount of RAM than I used to have (32GB now, 8GB before), and two new SSDs. There is one issue I have with the secondary SSD, but that is beside the point of the question I have for this thread.

When I realized Windows 7 Home Premium could only use up to 16GB of RAM, I went from abstaining to going immediately with the Windows 10. Now, I'm trying to weed through all the unnecessary shit, delete a lot of stuff, and reinstall every necessary program, including Adobe Creative Suite, which I have been having issues with. I have a folder in the original local folder that is now called Original (G*Smile. This is the folder than I will store a lot of my stuff on, but I was wanting to delete the original Adobe files before reinstalling them on my new local SSD (C*Smile. However, "SYSTEM" wouldn't allow me, the same issue I had when deleting WIndows.old, which I did get through. I tried looking stuff up, but now I'm more stumped and possibly more ****ed. I recognize that the old files probably recognize me as an intruder after upgrading the operating system, but I'm still trying to find a way to delete G:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe. I tried using command prompt, but that didn't seem to work either. And when I went into the security portion of its properties, well shit..

Upgraded from Win7 to Win10, can't delete old Adobe folder. [​IMG]

I try running as administrator, unless there is something I am not getting. I can't even view inside the folder now. That thing is taking up a lot of storage.

:)

thumiza, Jul 9, 2016
  2. kittiikat Win User

files in other drive were "lost" after upgrade to win10

upgraded from Win7 to Win10 Pro.

all seems okay till i check my 300gb of photos, videos, docs in another drive E: all cannot be seen. Upon checking the data drive E: properties, it shows the drive is
    still almost full so I believe the data is not deleted, but I'm not able to get to the files.

Looking into explorer drive E: there are few folders like the old username folder and subfolders "camera" "music" "photos" etc but all of them are empty, I think those are newly created folders by Win10.

I have another drive F: for games (can't remember if this F: is a partition) that seems not affected, all the old folders are still there as they were before in Win7.

Please help. thanks in advance.

kittiikat, Jul 9, 2016
  3. BobL1360 Win User
    Searches Folder ? C: Users (owner) Searches ..

I had win7 before I upgraded? to win10. I just deleted the everywhere and
    index folders from the search folder and all seems fine. Thank you for quick response.

BobL1360, Jul 9, 2016
  4. pepanee Win User

In the last picture, press the Change link and set it as Administrators

pepanee, Jul 10, 2016
  5. Download and install Revo Uninstaller.
    You can use it free for 30 days.
    That is how I have got rid of Folder's that I found hard to remove any other way
    Just follow the prompts once installed and you have found the folder.

hTconeM9user, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Upgraded from Win7 to Win10, can't delete old Adobe folder. - Similar Threads - Upgraded Win7 Win10

2. problem upgrade from win7 to win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem upgrade from win7 to win10: Install of Windows 10 fails in SAFE_OS during REPLICATE_OC 0x8007001F - 0x20006 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-upgrade-from-win7-to-win10/786ad7bb-b0d8-4a6f-81c1-7898c27765d8
  3. problem upgrade from win7 to win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem upgrade from win7 to win10: Install of Windows 10 fails in SAFE_OS during REPLICATE_OC 0x8007001F - 0x20006 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-upgrade-from-win7-to-win10/786ad7bb-b0d8-4a6f-81c1-7898c27765d8
  4. what to do with folder labeled "win7" after upgrading from win7 to win10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    what to do with folder labeled "win7" after upgrading from win7 to win10?: the problem is when i download a program or look at a website, it has a low picture quality and it bugs me. my theory is that my os still thinks im windows 7 because i found out that i have a folder named "win7" and the files and programs from my desktop is copied in that...
  5. upgrade from win7 to win10 remotely

in Windows 10 Customization
    upgrade from win7 to win10 remotely: Hi all, do you think it is possible to upgrade from win7pro to win10pro completely in remote? I use teamviewer what happens during the several reboots? thanks Ale...
  6. upgrade problems from win7 to win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade problems from win7 to win10: Hi, Having some issues upgrading a windows 7 system to windows 10. Ran the MS upgrade using mediacreationtool1909.exe on an older AMD processor (Athlon II X2 250 3.00ghz 32 bit) and the supporting motherboard, no other devices. It ran for awhile and then failed with this...
  7. upgrading from win7 to win10

upgrading from win7 to win10: I can't find HP ProtectTools Device Access Manager to uninstall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-from-win7-to-win10/f289a046-d68b-471b-8f6f-de8ed5ccafa6
  8. Retrying win10 upgrade from win7

Retrying win10 upgrade from win7: I accidently downloaded and tried to install the 32 bit version. My system is 64 bit. The download/install goes through the steps until it gets to 27%. I've tried three times It stops the install and resets the system back to win7. The error code is "0x8007005-0x2000A...
  9. revert from Win10 upgrade to Win7

revert from Win10 upgrade to Win7: This is essentially a FYI post. I recently decided to upgrade from my Win7 pro to Win10 pro because I got an announcement that one of my programs (TurboTax) would not install or run on Win7 next year. I did this using some links / tutorials in this forum. They were pretty...
  10. Upgrading from win7 to win10

Upgrading from win7 to win10: Hello, I have 4 PCs; I was able to upgrade 3, but the fourth one the desktop I couldn't upgrade it. I followed all the workarounds and solution were offered I downloaded the Windows Creation Tool and still cannot update. What should I do? 13716