Windows 10: Upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 - lost my main account HELP !

Discus and support Upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 - lost my main account HELP ! in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello every one, i just upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. I had two accounts in my desktop computer. One was the main administrator account and... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by moparmiami, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 - lost my main account HELP !

Hello every one, i just upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. I had two accounts in my desktop computer. One was the main administrator account and second was the account for my wife. After upgrading the windows 10 boots only in the wife account. I have no idea what happend to my main account. Did i lose my files ect in the main account. Before upgrade i use to have a password in the main account (administrator account) but my wife's account had no password. I rebooted over and over again but i never get the option to select how i want to log in as myself or as my wife account. The computer just boots in my wifes account. Can anything be done? Thanks

:)

moparmiami, Nov 27, 2015
  2. dsl417 Win User

Accessing (Comcast) email after upgrading from Windows 7 to 10

I set up Windows 10, upgrading from Windows 8.1. I had no trouble with any of my email accounts, my main ones being Yahoo and Google, but I also have an MSN account. My neighbor, who primarily uses a computer for email and pictures, asked for my assistance
    with his, but he upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. His main email account is through Comcast. He was not receiving any emails through his Comcast account. We couldn't even tell if he was connected for email, however we could search the Internet. I told
    him that I thought he might need to open an MSN or Google account first. He went back to using Windows 7 and he was thankful he hadn't lost anything.

I do like using Windows 10 for the most part and would like to help him move over to it, how can I help him with that email problem.

dsl417, Nov 27, 2015
  3. When I upgrade my PC from Windows 7 32bit to Windows 10 in July. Will it be a clean installation or will all my programs, files and folder be the same after the download?

When I upgraded my lap to from 7 to 8.1 I lost 90% of my programs. Is that going to happen when I upgrade my main computer from 7 to 10?

Gene McKinney, Nov 27, 2015
  4. essenbe Win User

Upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 - lost my main account HELP !

You should have a C:/Windows.OLD folder. Everything not transferred should be in there. I don't know about your account being moved. On the login screen, look in the bottom left corner and see if your account is listed. If it is, click on it and login to your account.

essenbe, Nov 27, 2015
  5. KIM
    kim Win User
    It's possible that the main administrator is disabled during upgrade. Follow these steps to activate it:
    • Press Windows + X to open the Quick Access menu and select "Command Prompt(admin)".
    • In the Command Prompt, type the net user command and it will list all existing local accounts.
    • Next type net user administrator /active:yes
    • Reboot your computer and check if you can login with the main administrator account.

6. NavyLCDR New Member
    After you activate the built-in administrator account using kim's method in post #3, I would highly recommend you make a separate local account for yourself with administrator privileges and move all your files to that account. The built-in administrator account in Windows 10 was designed by Microsoft to be an emergency backup only in case all other administrator accounts were somehow disabled or deleted. You will continue to face nothing but problems if you insist on using the built-in administrator account as a daily normal use account.

NavyLCDR, Dec 1, 2015
  7. LOoRrdD Win User
    Thx but I tried your answer and I got the following message "system error 5 has occured
    access is denie."

LOoRrdD, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 - lost my main account HELP !

1. Upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 - lost my main account HELP ! - Similar Threads - Upgraded lost main

2. Upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 ?: I want to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I know it is too late for free upgrade. How do I do this ? Where do I purchase ? Is there certain requirements ?...
  3. Help upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10: I have finally decided I need to upgrade to the latest version of windows but I am having a lot of trouble, it turns out that when my friend helped me (i am not good with computers) He gave me a pirated copy of windows 7 ultimate which is not activated. After trying to use...
  4. upgraded from Windows 7 to 10

upgraded from Windows 7 to 10: Just upgraded today and I'm amazed at how slow the startup is.. Did some research and saw advice to run 'crapifier.exe' But when I try to run it I just get "application error". Also my searches 'decrapifier Application Error' gets no results. Seems odd. Can anyone suggest a...
  5. Lost Windows 7 pictures at Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost Windows 7 pictures at Windows 10 upgrade: How do I find my Windows 7 pictures after my Windows 10 upgrade? Is there a "standard" way to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-windows-7-pictures-at-windows-10-upgrade/45990b58-24fe-4dd9-833c-e38b85d01254"
  6. Help with windows 7 to windows 10 upgrade

Help with windows 7 to windows 10 upgrade: I work for a organisation that has recently undergone rapid expansion I'm part of the IT crew of this organisation and I've been asked to figure a way of updating all the computers that are currently running windows 7 to windows 10 from the one location can anybody help with...
  7. Need help upgrading from windows 7

Need help upgrading from windows 7: [ATTACH] So I have an old computer that I wanted to upgrade to windows 10 and everything was going smoothly until it freezes on a percentage with the loading circle not moving at all so in the end i had to force shut down the pc which leads to it undoing the changes and...
  8. Upgraded to Win 10 and lost my main AOL acct. )

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgraded to Win 10 and lost my main AOL acct. ): Banner says cannot reach server and to upcdate my password (done) and synch permission (on auto every 2 hrs). Have deleted and reinstalled acct that shows in Settings, but not in MS Mail (Outlook deleted because AOL said it was not safe. Cant te;; oif AOL or Win problem....
  9. Upgrading From Windows 7 to 10

Upgrading From Windows 7 to 10: I am wondering if the media creation tool is the easiest way to upgrading from windows 7 to 10 remotely? Is there an easy way to mass upgrade everyone on the network without them losing data? Is MDT easier? If using MCT do you have to baby it in an admin account so the user...
  10. upgrade from windows 7 to 10 re accounts

upgrade from windows 7 to 10 re accounts: My second computer is a Win 7 machine . Windows 10 upgrade is ready to install. I have several questions: a) Will windows 10 upgrade remember that I have a local account or I have to start from scratch ? b) If I choose a local account , would windows 10 remember my...