Windows 10: Upgraded manually so not activated.

Discus and support Upgraded manually so not activated. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there, I recently upgraded a friend's computer to Windows 10 however I didn't do it through the normal OS way, and now the windows is not activated.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Vatec, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Vatec Win User

Upgraded manually so not activated.

Hi there, I recently upgraded a friend's computer to Windows 10 however I didn't do it through the normal OS way, and now the windows is not activated. I can't go back to the old OS, however I do have the product key that was on his laptop on the old OS, but this does not work if I put it into Windows 10. Does anyone know what I can do?

:)

Vatec, Jun 14, 2016

2. Windows 7 PC can't run Windows 10 due to Air Display HELP

Got mine all setup. Just did a manual install with the ttool and selected upgrade. Windows is still active. No hiccups. So far so good Upgraded manually so not activated. :)

ZacDevinney, Jun 14, 2016
  3. Unable to auto upgrade to Windows 10

I have reserved my free upgrade of windows 10 and then ''Windows is downloading Updates" started which stuck at 20%.

So then I started manual upgrade of windows 10 with Microsoft Multimedia Tool but I am confuse in a thing that shall I need Activation of windows 10 or it will be okay with that of my activated windows 7 ultimate ?

AliKhanxyz97, Jun 14, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

What was that "not normal" way ?
    Which windows did you upgrade from ?

CountMike, Jun 14, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    You probably did not upgrade to the same version/edition of Windows 10. A few things will tell you what went wrong.

First, run Showkey Plus from this forum. In the upper right corner is an option to check product key. Enter the old product key there. When you get the results, you can click on the product key to blank it out on the screen, then post the results here.
    Showkey - Windows 10 Forums

Second. Run winver (either click start icon and type winver - or win key + r and run winver). Post results here.

Finally, open command prompt (admin) [found on right clicking start icon]. In the command prompt window run:
    slmgr /dlv

Post the results here. There is no uniquely identifying information in the results, so you don't need to edit anything.

We should be able to tell you exactly what mistake was made from those results.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Upgraded manually so not activated. - Similar Threads - Upgraded manually activated

2. Where do I download the Windows 10 ISO so I can upgrade manually?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where do I download the Windows 10 ISO so I can upgrade manually?: I've been trying to upgrade to windows 10, I'm on windows 7 Ultimate x32 and when I try to run the media creation tool, it gives me this error code, 0x80072F8F - 0x20000. It also told me to contact customer support and I've been trying to run it as admin, didn't work. How do...
  3. Where do I download the Windows 10 ISO so I can upgrade manually?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where do I download the Windows 10 ISO so I can upgrade manually?: I've been trying to upgrade to windows 10, I'm on windows 7 Ultimate x32 and when I try to run the media creation tool, it gives me this error code, 0x80072F8F - 0x20000. It also told me to contact customer support and I've been trying to run it as admin, didn't work. How do...
  4. Upgrade and activations

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade and activations: Hello everybody. My name is Robert and i'm a new member as of March 3, 2021. This is something i need help with. i upgraded from windows 10 home edition to pro. And recently i did a clean install to windows 10 so now i need the product key and i'm not sure where to find it,...
  5. Upgrade and activations

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade and activations: Hello everybody. My name is Robert and i'm a new member as of March 3, 2021. This is something i need help with. i upgraded from windows 10 home edition to pro. And recently i did a clean install to windows 10 so now i need the product key and i'm not sure where to find it,...
  6. activation and upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    activation and upgrade: I have a windows 10 pro mini computer. When I first set it up I thought I went through the activation phase of the set up. However now I am receiving a message telling me my operating system has not been activated. I am also getting a message telling me i have to upgrade to...
  7. Upgrade Win 10 Enterprise Manually

Upgrade Win 10 Enterprise Manually: Hi Dear Microsoft Team, I would like to ask if it is possible to update manually Win 10 Enterprise LSTB OS downloading the last version personally. The computer I want to update is located in a remote position without access to internet connections and it has problems with...
  8. upgrading manually to latest version of windows 10

upgrading manually to latest version of windows 10: I have windows 10 installed on my PC already. When I click on the windows update assistant app on my desktop it tells me to upgrade to the latest version of windows. When I click on update it goes through the protocol and always freees and stops at 81%. I have read a...
  9. Upgrading so far - Success

Upgrading so far - Success: Greetings O Great Ones, from the Emerald Isle. Background: I've being using Windows since 3.00a. I had a dual boot set-up with 8.1 and 10240. 8.1 downloaded the RTM/GA. I have not upgraded this yet. 10240 downloaded only some of the files for the upgrade so I...
  10. Manual Upgrade "$windows - BT"?

Manual Upgrade "$windows - BT"?: So the thing downloaded to my computer. Can i give it the go manually? 9845