Windows 10: Upgraded to SSD now network doesn't get identified

Discus and support Upgraded to SSD now network doesn't get identified in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I upgraded a Dell Optiplex 7020 with a Samsung SSD. Now when I boot the network doesn't get identified until I restart the NLA. I even tried a clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by trevorwls, May 26, 2016.

1. trevorwls Win User

Upgraded to SSD now network doesn't get identified

I upgraded a Dell Optiplex 7020 with a Samsung SSD. Now when I boot the network doesn't get identified until I restart the NLA. I even tried a clean install of Windows 10 Pro and still no joy.
    If I set it to DHCP it will take about a minute to identify after rebooting but with a static IP i just get unidentifed network.
    I have tried removing it from the network and adding it back.
    Adding the domain name in the network settings.
    It seems as though the PC just starts faster and the network card can't keep up. Have tried with a different Optiplex 7020 and a Kingston SSD but have the same symptoms.
    Really starting to great my balls as it has been three days of not getting anywhere. *Mad
    Anyone else had this problem and solved it?

:)

trevorwls, May 26, 2016
  2. Resourceful, May 26, 2016
  3. Upgraded my HDD to SSD now Windows thinks my Windows 10 is fake

Hey!

This sounds really dumb but I forgot to mention that I don't have a windows key. I've searched for it when I was back at home around the box that my laptop came in when the issue first came up but never found it. I'm now overseas and my laptop doesn't have
    it anywhere.

The only thing my laptop has on the bottom is the Model Code and S/N which I think is the Screen Name and the official Windows 8 sticker next to it.

CharmaineK, May 26, 2016
  4. Upgraded to SSD now network doesn't get identified

I may be misunderstanding, but if you can duplicate the issue on another computer, then I would start looking at the network itself. It's possible the network is slow, or the router/endpoint isn't configured properly (or may need to be reset).

However, being that both computers would have the identical network card, it could be a driver issue, if you are able to see that both are using the same driver version. Try updating, or getting the drivers right from the manufacturer of the card, such as Intel, Realtek, etc.

DeaconFrost, May 26, 2016
  5. bro67 Win User
    Try a different adapter. The connection can only go as fast as the card can send and receive packets.

bro67, May 27, 2016
  6. trevorwls Win User
    Finally found the issue. The switches have been set up as Spanning Tree (no idea why). So once I enable FastLink on the Netgear switch ports (or PortFast as it is also known) the network comes up almost instantly.

trevorwls, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Upgraded to SSD now network doesn't get identified

1. Upgraded to SSD now network doesn't get identified - Similar Threads - Upgraded SSD network

2. Monito doesn't want to identify

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monito doesn't want to identify: Hi, I have an issue where my monitors don't want to identify although I already rearranged it by display setting which is causing my mouse to go from right to left instead of left to right. An answer would be greatly appreciated....
  3. Identifying network...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Identifying network...: Hello everyone My laptop automatically updated recently April 4th and when it restarted i noticed that i don't have an internet connection. So the first thing I did was to uninstall the latest update i think it was Kb4549951 but nothing changed. Then i used the restore...
  4. networking -- identifying devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    networking -- identifying devices: I am trying to network two computers. Let's call them A and B. In File Explorer in Computer A, Computer B shows up as a "media device." Whatever that is. How can I make Computer B show up as a "computer," instead of as a "media device?" Bonus question: I tried to connect to...
  5. Upgraded and now have no network

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgraded and now have no network: Upgrading an older computer from 1709 16229.19 to 1803 17134.191. All during the upgrade I was downloading from my Ethernet connection thru my network adapter. When it was finished, I noticed that it no longer has a network connection. (Red X on adapter) Troubleshooting said...
  6. No Other Devices Identified in Network?

No Other Devices Identified in Network?: Hi All, Any thoughts as to why my neighbors TV is showing on my PC devices as a "Display". I understand the Microsoft Wifi-Direct Principles and how to turn off, but I am on a LAN not Wireless and the virtual adapter is not present! If I can see their media devices, I am...
  7. Other Devices Identified in Network?

in Windows 10 Support
    Other Devices Identified in Network?: Hi All, Any thoughts as to why my neighbors TV is showing on my PC devices as a "Display". I understand the Microsoft Wifi-Direct Principles and how to turn off, but I am on a LAN not Wireless and the virtual adapter is not present! If I can see their media devices, I am...
  8. Windows 10 doesn't identify a network printer

Windows 10 doesn't identify a network printer: My laptop has a WIFI connection with my LAN. I have no problem to access Internet and the shared HD of my desktop, but Windows 10 Professional 64 bits (Version 1607) doesn't recognize one of my two network Printers. My computer environment comprises two desktops, the main...
  9. network identifying

network identifying: so i just installed a new network driver and when i boot up afterwards the connection will say identifying for nearly 30seconds before i actually get a connection. ive tried reinstalling the driver but to awe 25719
  10. SSD - Get One NOW!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD - Get One NOW!: I would like to relate my experience here. I have a HP Envy from 2011. This was a "top of the line" computer back then coming with an i7 cpu that I use for both video editing and rendering and programs such as PhotoShop and other resource intensive applications. It ran...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ssd upgraded no wifi