Windows 10: Upgraded to W10 & VOICE part of my voice/fax modem FAILS. Anyone else?

Discus and support Upgraded to W10 & VOICE part of my voice/fax modem FAILS. Anyone else? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This modem is the HIRO Model H50113, which worked well in Windows Vista and Windows7, but as soon as I upgraded to Windows 10, the new operating system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LarryDalton, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Upgraded to W10 & VOICE part of my voice/fax modem FAILS. Anyone else?

This modem is the HIRO Model H50113, which worked well in Windows Vista and Windows7, but as soon as I upgraded to Windows 10, the new operating system deleted the driver that makes my voice capabilities work on the modem, so it FAILS in voice functions. It is not possible to add that driver back, since the OS kills it like a virus. I noticed the driver I'd used is no longer in the drivers list, and I've heard from HIRO that this is happening MORE and MORE, for those whose Windows 10 version is 1511 IOS Build 1058635. Until Microsoft fixes this, my ability to send and receive voicemail with this modem is DEAD. Microsoft should finalize and update another Windows 10 build, to correct this destructive effect.

:)

LarryDalton, Jan 5, 2016

2. external modem not supported after upgrading to W10

I have a GVC 33.6K PnP External voice speakerphone modem that is not sending fax after upgrading w 8.1 to W10. Can some one suggest how it can be remedied? Thanks

shankarsharma_7736, Jan 5, 2016
  3. NU73 Win User
    how can i fax a file over xfinity triple play system

Using HP3050g allin one printer connected to usb. have xfinity voice through router /modem.

How do i configure fax? What is the name of the fax server? or th ame of the modem?

NU73, Jan 5, 2016
  4. bobkn Win User

Upgraded to W10 & VOICE part of my voice/fax modem FAILS. Anyone else?

I wouldn't expect Microsoft to update Windows 10 to resolve an error with third-party hardware. Usually, the hardware vendor would update their drivers to be compatible with Windows.

What drivers were you using? I see that Hiro has Windows 10 drivers for the H50113, but they pre-date the November (1511) update.

bobkn, Jan 5, 2016
  5. I used the driver, "agere v2.2.98" successfully pre-Windows 10... and HIRO even said their hardware tested fine with an earlier version of W10, but the latest, Version 1511 IOS Build 1058636 has treated this hardware as a b****** stepchild.

LarryDalton, Jan 6, 2016
  6. bobkn Win User
    You may want to try drivers from here:

Index of /drivers/H50113

The X64 ones are at version 2.7.5.0, if I'm reading an .inf right.

Have you been in direct contact with Hiro support?

You may not get much help here. Most of us aren't using dialup modems any more. (Praise C'thulu.)

bobkn, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Upgraded to W10 & VOICE part of my voice/fax modem FAILS. Anyone else?

1. Upgraded to W10 & VOICE part of my voice/fax modem FAILS. Anyone else? - Similar Threads - Upgraded W10 VOICE

2. CLIPCHAMP PROBLEM: Help ASAP: Text to voice, the beginning of each part of text to voice...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CLIPCHAMP PROBLEM: Help ASAP: Text to voice, the beginning of each part of text to voice...: Hello every beginning of the text to voice disappears when playing the video. When there is a lack of space of more than 2 seconds from the previous o text to voice included to the, let's say, audio line.Please help me understand how to fix it or provide me a trick, I had...
  3. CLIPCHAMP PROBLEM: Help ASAP: Text to voice, the beginning of each part of text to voice...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CLIPCHAMP PROBLEM: Help ASAP: Text to voice, the beginning of each part of text to voice...: Hello every beginning of the text to voice disappears when playing the video. When there is a lack of space of more than 2 seconds from the previous o text to voice included to the, let's say, audio line.Please help me understand how to fix it or provide me a trick, I had...
  4. Installation voice languages failes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Installation voice languages failes: Hello, I'm trying to install a German language pack for voice recognition. But when I add it in the settings, I got this error: [ATTACH] I can only install English, but no other voice packages can be installed on all company computers. In the language option, I can...
  5. Windows 10 1903 Voice Modem stops working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 1903 Voice Modem stops working: After upgrading to 1903 my voicemaill system no longer works. I can't play outgoing messages to people who call nor can I record messages they want to leave. I'm using a USRobotics voice modem and everything has been working fine until this 1903 "upgrade". I have checked the...
  6. Voice Recorder Failing to Open

Voice Recorder Failing to Open: I have been having a problem with my voice recorder. I will click on the icon to open the application. For a split second it acts as if will open but it crashes and closes immediately without opening completely. I have already tried resetting the app but that did nothing....
  7. Voice Recorder slowing down my voice

Voice Recorder slowing down my voice: Whenever I try to record audio using the voice record software it always slows down my voice. If I record for 1 hour and 10 minutes it'll say I was recording for 1 hour and 17 minutes. Why does this happen and/or how do I make it stop....
  8. fax modem

fax modem: I have a Lenovo H520s - Intel G2020 2.9 GHZ - 4 gigs RAM and 1T hard drive. Running Windows 10. I assumed that it came with a fax modem and I tried to set up the fax and scan but the set up wizard can not find any modem. Is it just not installed or do I not have one? How do I...
  9. fax modem and fax service

fax modem and fax service: Hi there. Got a Conexant USB modem CX93010 ACF. Yesterday, after the upgrade to Win 10, I was able to receive faxes, but there is no log being kept, no faxes saved as it was with Win 8.1. It just prints them out. Today it does no longer receive them. Sending has not been...
  10. Does anyone have a working pci-e fax modem in W10?

Does anyone have a working pci-e fax modem in W10?: My generic pci-e fax modem (Conexant CX-9Z-NR0134-00) worked okay in W8.1, but in W10 I can't query and diagnose to test it. Error message says "The port that the modem is attached could not be opened. This may be the result of a hardware conflict. Check the device manager to...