Windows 10: Upgraded to Windows 10, and now my desktop is now messed up.

Discus and support Upgraded to Windows 10, and now my desktop is now messed up. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I upgraded to windows 10, and after doing so, my desktop would flash and I wouldn't be able to open programs. I could open task manager and open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by flopsybob, Jul 24, 2016.

1. flopsybob Win User

Upgraded to Windows 10, and now my desktop is now messed up.

I upgraded to windows 10, and after doing so, my desktop would flash and I wouldn't be able to open programs. I could open task manager and open programs through "run". I opened msconfig and disabled the services "Problem Reports and Solutions Control Panel Support" and "Windows Error Reporting Service". This fixed the flashing however half of the desktop is a weird green, and I cannot open the search bar or the windows menu. I am also unable to right click on programs on the taskbar.
    Here is a screen shot of my desktop: Screenshot - b8ce3dec8f690cc30e054436d52f5346 - Gyazo

Any help is appreciated! *Smile

:)

flopsybob, Jul 24, 2016
  2. Tony_822 Win User

Since Windows 10 IE is now very messed up and Microst Edge is no good!

Have tried downloading Chrome and Firefox since version 1703 and Edge won't allow.

There is no record of a download fail and no error messages.

Edge has lost functionality since 1703.

Hopefully I can download their executables on a thumb drive and load that way.

Tony_822, Jul 24, 2016
  3. PatGarard Win User
    Since Windows 10 IE is now very messed up and Microst Edge is no good!

Please be aware that you are offering YOUR OPINIONS and may be mistaken.

Many users, myself included, have quite a good experience of W 10 and Edge.

Politicians are constantly (and deliberately) offering opinion as fact and distorting discussion.

Regards

Pat Garard

PatGarard, Jul 24, 2016
  4. letmein Win User

letmein, Jul 24, 2016
  5. bfunke Win User
    Win 10 sometimes does this right after install as it's looking for the video driver. Might check to be sure you have correct driver installed for your video adaptor.

bfunke, Jul 24, 2016
  6. flopsybob Win User
    flopsybob, Jul 24, 2016
  7. letmein Win User
    Have you tried checking for Windows Updates by clicking the Start ( Windows icon in lower left corner ) , then click Settings , Updates & Security, Windows Update, check for updates. Then reboot ... always reboot after making any changes or updates to allow your registry to set properly.

letmein, Jul 24, 2016
  8. flopsybob Win User

I simply can't open the start menu. Nothing happens when I click it, and I can't open it with the windows key. Unless I can open settings using command prompt or run, I can't open something. Thanks.

flopsybob, Jul 24, 2016
  9. letmein Win User
    ms-settings:windowsupdate (copy and paste into the Run box and hit Enter )

letmein, Jul 24, 2016
  10. flopsybob Win User
    flopsybob, Jul 24, 2016
  11. flopsybob Win User
    Tried this, makes no difference, thanks.

flopsybob, Jul 24, 2016
  12. letmein Win User
    ms-settings:windowsupdate (copy and paste into the Run box and hit Enter ) click Recovery then Reset this pc

You should go back to your previous version of Windows and backup any files you wish to save and remove all running software and security tools before upgrading. Please read this before upgrading ... http://www.howtogeek.com/225241/upda...ade-checklist/

letmein, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Upgraded to Windows 10, and now my desktop is now messed up. - Similar Threads - Upgraded desktop messed

2. I messed up my services and now my laptop is super slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I messed up my services and now my laptop is super slow: So basically I was messing around with stuff I shouldn't have been messing around with and now I have a bunch of unnecessary services turned manually on and a bunch of necessary services turned manually off. My CPU and RAM usage are through the roof. I want to know if there...
  3. I messed up my services and now my laptop is super slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I messed up my services and now my laptop is super slow: So basically I was messing around with stuff I shouldn't have been messing around with and now I have a bunch of unnecessary services turned manually on and a bunch of necessary services turned manually off. My CPU and RAM usage are through the roof. I want to know if there...
  4. Upgraded hardware and now now Microsoft Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded hardware and now now Microsoft Windows: Ok, I just updated the hardware on my desktop. I was going through everything and noticed an Activate Windows watermark in the lower right corner of my screen. I went through the troubleshooting steps on the website and I received this error "We found a Windows 10 Home...
  5. Windows 10 update messed up my computer, now it doesn't boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update messed up my computer, now it doesn't boot.: A Windows 10 update caused my computer not to boot anymore and there is no video signal.It powers on but that is about it. No video output, no booting.It is an HP Z210 Workstation computer that was upgraded from Windows 7.Computer: HP Z210 WorkstationProcessor: Intel core...
  6. Microphone is messed up now

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone is messed up now: I was trying to fix my mic to play phasmophobia with a friend and in the process I set all my settings to default and now I am very quiet to my friends on discord and my audio sounds extremely weird and I can now hear background noises where I couldn't before. Can someone...
  7. I upgraded laptop RAM, now font, image thumbnails, windows are messed up

in Windows 10 Customization
    I upgraded laptop RAM, now font, image thumbnails, windows are messed up: I replaced two sticks of RAM with larger size modules, and now my font is a very simple, basic font, my thumbnails of images are the basic windows image logos=can't see actual image, and the windows have lines around them as i move them. Any thoughts? Any help would be...
  8. how can my windows 10 keyboard entry be so messed up now?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how can my windows 10 keyboard entry be so messed up now?: Any use of the keyboard on another laptop of mine now shows addition of visited IE addresses or no response from certain keys. This was popping up not only in internet explorer, but also in Word and other programs requiring key entries. My keyboard is now not working at all...
  9. Updated windows(10) and drivers(amd) now everything’s messed up

Updated windows(10) and drivers(amd) now everything’s messed up: To start, I cannot access just about ANYTHING. I have an Asus amd desktop gaming computer. I’d tell you more about it if I could access the specs. It’s hooked up via hdmi to my tv. After the updates, my dad and I dusted the inside of my desktop. A lot less blue screens...
  10. Upgrade and now flashing desktop/taskbar

Upgrade and now flashing desktop/taskbar: I've seen lots of people posting about this all over the internet but as of yet not found a clear fix to my problem. I registered for the upgrade a while ago and the 'check' said that my system was fine. It's a HP TouchSmart 520 and is 2 to 3 years old. Today I got the...