Windows 10: Upgraded to Windows 10, Graphics card will not update

Discus and support Upgraded to Windows 10, Graphics card will not update in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Ever since I upgraded, my Nvidia card says it has an update, so I"ll download, install it, and then it tells me to restart, so I do, and when I log in,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Psychatix, May 16, 2015.

1. Psychatix Win User

Upgraded to Windows 10, Graphics card will not update

Ever since I upgraded, my Nvidia card says it has an update, so I"ll download, install it, and then it tells me to restart, so I do, and when I log in, the update never happened, I still can't change my resolution and when I check device manager, it says Windows stopped the video card from working cause of detected problems. I'm not quite sure todo at this point. I've tried refreshing already, but to no luck.

:)

Psychatix, May 16, 2015
  2. Scott 98 Win User

Unwanted font size changes

are you using Windows 10 now ? and if so I have run into this same problem after upgrading from windows 7 to 10 it seems after upgrade to windows 10 it is more demanding on system and older computers start to show graphic card problems like failing, do
    some research to see if there is a driver update for your graphic card because I know for a fact that some graphic cards are not getting updated and are having a lot of problems with windows 10, good luck.

Scott 98, May 16, 2015
  3. Jesrael Bor, May 16, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Hi 'Psychatix', welcome to TenForums! *Smile

Download the driver from Nvidia and perform a clean/custom install.

Edwin, May 16, 2015
  5. Try running DDU from here: http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/ in safe mode after downloading the driver from the Nvidia site, as Edwin recommended. DDU will ensure that nothing of the old driver is left behind. Once it's run, your computer will restart and you can install the driver you downloaded from the Nvidia site.

blackroseMD1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Upgraded to Windows 10, Graphics card will not update - Similar Threads - Upgraded Graphics card

2. Z800 Graphics card upgrade

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Z800 Graphics card upgrade: HP Z800 / Z820 / Z840 - Graphics cards. I believe all three models are the same in these respects. I have been very confused by the information on upgrading a Z800 to a more powerful graphics card, so having solved, at least the more obvious issues, I have listed my findings...
  3. Graphics card for Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Graphics card for Windows 10 upgrade: I am upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I am not a gamer, only occasionally watch a TV program on my PC. Otherwise I just play with my photos. I have an old integrated NVIDIA GeForce GT 230 graphics card. I understand that this card is not compatible with Windows 10....
  4. Upgrading an Old Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgrading an Old Graphics Card: Hi everyone! I have a very old PC that I built in 2008 with the following configuration: Asus P5Q Pro motherboard; Intel core 2 duo e8500 CPU; 8GB RAM; Asus EN9600GSO TOP/HTDP/384M video card (DirectX 10) My PC runs Windows 10 1909 just fine. Here is the question. I do...
  5. Graphic card issue after upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Graphic card issue after upgrading to Windows 10: After upgrading to Windows 10 my GPUdriver was deleted. I think Windows 10 doesn’t support my GPU drivers. My video card is AMD Radeon 4650 ATIHD...
  6. Graphics card deleted upon upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphics card deleted upon upgrading to Windows 10: ok so when i upgrade to windows 10 i kept everything yeah but i checked my drivers and my gpu driver was deleted cause windows 10 doesnt support my gpu drivers pls help how can i keep my gpu drivers my gpu is a amd radeon 4650 ati HD ***Modified Title from:...
  7. Upgrade my graphic card

Upgrade my graphic card: Hi, I was wondering what was the best graphic card to upgrade my computer. I don't play that much, but I want to be able if I want to, for the last ones. It's fine if it's not the best quality, just enough to play. I also want to watch 4k videos. I need two HDMI output...
  8. Upgrade Graphic Card

Upgrade Graphic Card: I'd like to upgrade my video card but am not to informed on which card to use. I have a Nvidia GeForce GT 610 and my power supply is 460 watts, any suggestions on what I could use would be greatly appreciated. Windows 10 Pro latest updates installed.*Smile 87549
  9. Windows 10 Upgrade & HD7870 Graphics Card?

Windows 10 Upgrade & HD7870 Graphics Card?: I'm visiting my father and I'm about to update his PC to Windows 10 before the offer expires. I need to ensure I leave him with a working PC after my stay! His PC has a c. 2012 MSI R7870 Twin Frozr graphics card (uses an AMD HD7870 GPU) and Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 motherboard....
  10. Upgrading Graphics Card?

Upgrading Graphics Card?: So I just wanted to know if I could upgrade my graphics card without changing/upgrading anything else as well. I have a GeForce GT 610 currently, and switching it out for the GeForce gtx 750 ti or the 950. PROCESSOR: AMD Fx(tm)-4300 Quad-Core processor 3.8 GHz RAM: 16gb...