Windows 10: upgraded to windows 10 lost acess to workgroup

Discus and support upgraded to windows 10 lost acess to workgroup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Wifi router that connects to a local area network with a fixed network address and no internet connection. The local area network is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by philetus, Apr 14, 2016.

1. philetus Win User

upgraded to windows 10 lost acess to workgroup

I have a Wifi router that connects to a local area network with a fixed network address and no internet connection.
    The local area network is a workgroup (MSHOME).
    I upgraded to Windows 10 and can't get reconnected.
    None of the other PCs on the workgroup have problems seeing each other.
    When I click on the Network folder in explorer, it accesses the adapter connected to the internet rather than the workgroup and says file sharing is off.
    I would really appreciate if someone could tell me how to reconnect.

:)

philetus, Apr 14, 2016

2. WIN 10 Home - WorkGroup greyed out

I upgraded two PCs to Windows 10 and one joined the HomeGroup and Workgroup but the other has the ability to change WORKGROUP to my actual group is greyed out.

I have tried anything and lost ... should I go back to Win 7?

EdwardTjGeretyIII, Apr 14, 2016
  3. JimGould Win User
    Lost shortcuts and desktop icons after upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7.

Original Title: Can't acess files/folders/old desktop with Windows 10 upgrade from win 7

Upgraded to Windows 10 from 7; all desktop icons, files, shortcuts lost. Programs, excel, word, quicken, have no file associations. ITunes wants to install. Where's my stuff?

JimGould, Apr 14, 2016
Thema:

upgraded to windows 10 lost acess to workgroup

1. upgraded to windows 10 lost acess to workgroup - Similar Threads - upgraded lost acess

2. Upgraded to windows 10 lost files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgraded to windows 10 lost files: Upgraded from windows 7 to 10. Had multiple users. I only see one users information. Where / how do I get second profile/ files back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgraded-to-windows-10-lost-files/23f3ac14-1f60-4779-92c1-7a078ea46c6d
  3. Windows 10 Workgroups

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Workgroups: I have two home computers, both of which are members of a home workgroup. Both have Windows 10 Pro installed and activated, and both apparently have the latest updates. Computer A has version 1909, build 18363.476. Computer B has version 1909, build 18362.476. Computer B...
  4. acess

acess: why don't i have full and untethered access to every single file on my computer. if im admin why do i need permission. it is mine. i own this machine. i give it commands. it should never tell me no. that's not why its built. i cant tell you how irritating it is when a machine...
  5. windows 10 workgroup

windows 10 workgroup: My (older) nas only works via a workgroup. since ms left the workgroup. i want to downgrade to V1709 How can i arrange that? Baltus. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-workgroup/d14239a8-5a37-4c22-a46f-5181fc02345d
  6. Windows 10 upgrade, lost data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade, lost data: I just lost photos and other important data while downloading the windows 10 update to my external hard drive. I now see on the web that for years others have had this problem. What can I do, and why did you delete my data without warning me? Have you been sued for this yet?...
  7. Windows 10 Workgroup administration

Windows 10 Workgroup administration: Is it possible to administer user passwords in a Windows 10 workgroup. I mean instead of changing passwords on individual computers, is it possible to make a new password, which then will be distributed to all relevant clients. Regards, nikj_dk...
  8. workgroup in windows 10 not working

workgroup in windows 10 not working: comrades, I have a workgroup on desktop and laptop both running windows 10 - it was functioning not long ago but recently stopped and i cant figure out why. i've pfoofed round so much trying to get it going again i've probably made it worse *cry I just want to access...
  9. Windows 10 not accessible on Workgroup

Windows 10 not accessible on Workgroup: Hello I have a workgroup of 3 computers 1 Windows 7 2 Windows 10 Same workgroup name for each computer From My Windows 7 Machine I set-up the sharing Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings I have Amin...
  10. Change Workgroup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Workgroup in Windows 10: How to: Change Workgroup in Windows 10 How to Change Workgroup in Windows 10 [img] Information If your PC is on a large network at a workplace or school, it probably belongs to a domain. If your PC is on a home network, it belongs to a workgroup and might also belong...