Windows 10: Upgraded to Windows 10, OneDrive now has synced Documents & Pictures

Discus and support Upgraded to Windows 10, OneDrive now has synced Documents & Pictures in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I ended up getting a new gaming laptop which came pre-installed with Windows 10, compared to my old one which had Windows 8.1. The gaming laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Roary, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Roary Win User

Upgraded to Windows 10, OneDrive now has synced Documents & Pictures

Hi,

I ended up getting a new gaming laptop which came pre-installed with Windows 10, compared to my old one which had Windows 8.1. The gaming laptop game with a SSD which houses the OS among other things and a larger HDD. With my old laptop (which had the same set up), I had moved the location of "My Documents, Pictures, Videos & Downloads" onto the HDD to help free up some space as My Documents housed part of some of the games I had. So I did the same and moved them over when I set up my new one (DATA > D: > Users > Name > Folders). All done correctly. Then I had a massive update (W10 Anniversary update 1607), of which afterwards it somehow had OneDrive sync "My Documents and Pictures" back onto the other drive into its own space (OS > C: > Users > Name > OneDrive > Folders).

I have since tried deleting some folders in My Documents OneDrive where it gives you the option to choose which folders sync, and it completely got rid of the folder. I managed to get it back by re-syncing them, but now there is no location tab in the folder's properties, yet there is in the My Pictures one, which I didn't touch with syncing options.

Side stepping that, the original Windows had now been renamed to "old windows", which still has the missing space of all those moved. The new Users folder (C: > Users > Name > Folders) has it's own "My Documents" folder, of which nothing is in it. So now there is 3 My Documents folders in various places, yet the one in OneDrive is the only one actually recognised.

With all that in mind, I have since unlinked OneDrive, but after trying to put it back I end up with this (https://i.imgur.com/A2uVBgT.jpg). Is there anyway to put it back on without it merging the folders together?

So long story short:

* Started new laptop, moved Documents, Pictures, Videos, Music and Downloads to the HDD from OS SSD. Was working fine

* Had big Anniversary W10 update 1607

* Went to move some more files and noticed both My Documents and Pictures had been moved from D Drive to C Drive into the OneDrive syncing folder.

* Checked My Computer and noticed that there was a "Windows Old" folder with the space left by me moving those folders to different location

* Noticed under C: > Users that there was a whole new set of folders listed there (Documents etc etc), which seems useless as nothing is in there and nothing directs to it

* My Documents in OneDrive is the only one recognised as My Documents, despite there being the other two
    * Tried deleting folders in My Documents (Option of choosing folders to sync) which ended up deleting the folder itself. Managed to restore it, but now in properties there is no "Location" tab

What I'm after help with

1)
    I want to be able to remove those two folders (Documents and Pictures) from OneDrive and still have the folders themselves on the PC itself so I can move them back to the D Drive and be able to use it again for what I intend.
    2) Is there any way to re link OneDrive without it merging the folders? Or does it mean that if it sees a file with the same name in there already, it won't replace it?

If it helps, this is the set up ATM:
    https://i.imgur.com/4AM2sEB.png
    https://i.imgur.com/E1FFLIR.png
    https://i.imgur.com/zbqw8To.png
    https://i.imgur.com/rCol3iT.png
    https://i.imgur.com/AnoG2VP.png

https://i.imgur.com/A2uVBgT.jpg

:)

Roary, Dec 11, 2016

2. OneDrive and file explorer backward sync after latest Win10 update

After the new Windows 10 creative update, all the folders in "This PC" are syncing to ONeDrive even though they aren't selected in Which folders to sync in OneDrive. I've tested a few things and it is working backwards. All of the documents I had in my documents
    folder under This PC have disappeared and the only items showing now are the items which were in the Documents folder in my OneDrive. all the other items only show up now when I navigate to Local Disk>Users>tim(me). I cannot delete documents folder either
    in OneDrive or My PC.

The "Pictures folder has the green sync icon also under "This PC" but the downloads, Music and Videos do not even though Music is selected under Folders to Sync with OneDrive.

TimothyVack, Dec 11, 2016
  3. i-Panda Win User
    This PC (formerly My Computer) in Windows Explorer navigation pane shows OneDrive folders - how do I change it to show local folders?

Hi

I did a clean reinstall of Windows 10 July RTM upgraded to version 1511 by Windows Update, and, presumably, as it was a clean install, Windows defaulted all of the selectable file locations to OneDrive.

When I select the Documents and Pictures sub-folders of This PC, I want to see the contents of my user profile's Documents and Pictures folders on the local SSD, not the contents of the corresponding OneDrive folder (I don't want to sync my local
    folders with OneDrive).

I am running Windows 10 Home, and have now configured One Drive so that it doesn't sync any folders, deleted any folders and sample files that it had already created, and doesn't run at start up.

All that I now get when I select Documents or Pictures is that the location doesn't exist, but I can't work out how to delete/edit these links to the non-existent OneDrive folders, and recreate them as links to the local folders. Does anybody know how to
    do this? A registry edit required, maybe?

FYI - Prior to the clean reinstall, when it was an upgrade from a Windows 7 installation without OneDrive,
    This PC continued to show all of the local folders that Windows 7 used to show.

Thank you

i-Panda, Dec 11, 2016
Thema:

Upgraded to Windows 10, OneDrive now has synced Documents & Pictures

1. Upgraded to Windows 10, OneDrive now has synced Documents & Pictures - Similar Threads - Upgraded OneDrive has

2. Onedrive syncing documents desktop and pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive syncing documents desktop and pictures: These were the only files in my one drive and I know it syncs automatically. When this happens I know they all go to there file names by default. If one of these files had malware it would be a risk if it was ran or opened. Does windows open or run any file while setting up...
  3. Onedrive syncing documents desktop and pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive syncing documents desktop and pictures: These were the only files in my one drive and I know it syncs automatically. When this happens I know they all go to there file names by default. If one of these files had malware it would be a risk if it was ran or opened. Does windows open or run any file while setting up...
  4. Pictures Syncing to Computer and OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pictures Syncing to Computer and OneDrive: I noticed that the "Camera Roll" folder in the "Pictures" folder is filled with photos all sorted by year and month. They appear that they be my cell phone pictures. I also noticed in OneDrive on the left-hand side above the recycling bin, there is a photo section. There are...
  5. Pictures Syncing to Computer and OneDrive

Pictures Syncing to Computer and OneDrive: I noticed that the "Camera Roll" folder in the "Pictures" folder is filled with photos all sorted by year and month. They appear that they be my cell phone pictures. I also noticed in OneDrive on the left-hand side above the recycling bin, there is a photo section. There are...
  6. Stop Syncing Desktop, Documents and Pictures with Onedrive

Stop Syncing Desktop, Documents and Pictures with Onedrive: I have searched but cannot find an issue to my problem. I purchased a new computer, set up Windows 10, and now my Desktop, Documents and Pictures folders are syncing to onedrive. My Documents folder is far too large to sync, and I refuse to buy additional storage that I...
  7. Syncing pictures to OneDrive

Syncing pictures to OneDrive: I want to copy my photos from my old laptop to my Lenovo. I haven't space to have them copied to Onedrive. How do I stop it syncing them? Just the Pictures, OK with the documents....
  8. Syncing OneDrive Pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    Syncing OneDrive Pictures: I’d like to stop OneDrive pictures syncing with my computer. How can I do this ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-onedrive-pictures/b6216953-ffac-4c91-954e-8f6d8dfe0cf8
  9. Onedrive Sync with "User/Documents"

Onedrive Sync with "User/Documents": I am using OneDrive to sync documents. I linked the Documents folder to OneDrive and it is synced. The problem is that many applications are using the folder "User/Documents", so the data of them is synced to OneDrive too. But I don't want to sync them. How to deal with this...
  10. OneDrive Syncing with Local Documents/Pictures/Videos/Etc Folders

OneDrive Syncing with Local Documents/Pictures/Videos/Etc Folders: Hello all, I've been searching for the last couple of weeks and haven't exactly found what I am looking for--I may need a third party app, but we shall see. I have two computers--a desktop and a laptop, both running Windows 10 Pro. My desktop's storage is basically...