Windows 10: Upgraded to windows 10 pro but product key seems fake, how do I revert to windows 10 home

Discus and support Upgraded to windows 10 pro but product key seems fake, how do I revert to windows 10 home in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Upgraded to windows 10 pro but product key seems fake, how do I revert to windows 10 home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RaymondProcter, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Upgraded to windows 10 pro but product key seems fake, how do I revert to windows 10 home

Upgraded to windows 10 pro but product key seems fake, how do I revert to windows 10 home

:)

RaymondProcter, Jul 9, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 27, 2018
  3. windows 10 key

Now that I have finally upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10 will my Windows 8 key work with a fresh install of Windows 10?

Easy Rhino, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Upgraded to windows 10 pro but product key seems fake, how do I revert to windows 10 home

windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

Upgraded to windows 10 pro but product key seems fake, how do I revert to windows 10 home

1. Upgraded to windows 10 pro but product key seems fake, how do I revert to windows 10 home - Similar Threads - Upgraded pro product

2. How do I upgrade windows 10 home to pro with digital key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I upgrade windows 10 home to pro with digital key?: I have a pc with windows 10 home on it, this was activated with a product key. I also have a windows 10 pro digital license linked to my Microsoft account. How do I upgrade windows 10 home to windows 10 pro with that digital license without loosing data?...
  3. How do I upgrade windows 10 home to pro with digital key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I upgrade windows 10 home to pro with digital key?: I have a pc with windows 10 home on it, this was activated with a product key. I also have a windows 10 pro digital license linked to my Microsoft account. How do I upgrade windows 10 home to windows 10 pro with that digital license without loosing data?...
  4. How do I upgrade windows 10 home to pro with digital key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro with product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro with product key: Hi! This is my first post and I am still a somewhat beginner with Windows. I am a student attempting to upgrade my laptop (which came with Windows 10 Home) to Windows 10 Pro (I was following information on how to use Xamarin and it recommended enabling Hyper-v for the...
  6. How do I uninstall Windows 10 Pro with no product key and download Windows 10 Home with a...

How do I uninstall Windows 10 Pro with no product key and download Windows 10 Home with a...: I downloaded Windows 10 Pro and didn't use a product key but now I want to uninstall it because I got a product key for Windows 10 Home. How do I uninstall Windows 10 Pro without reinstalling it....
  7. unable to upgrade windows 10 home to windows 10 pro with product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to upgrade windows 10 home to windows 10 pro with product key: I have a product key for windows 10 pro. when i input this product key to upgrade to pro, an error gets generated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-upgrade-windows-10-home-to-windows-10/df590ca3-f52f-4a20-b8d7-7e4920e3f690
  8. Windows 10 Pro and Home Product Key

Windows 10 Pro and Home Product Key: If I buy a Windows 10 Pro Product Key from my Windows 10 Home Microsoft Store, will the product key of the latter one Windows 10 Home be used anywhere in other laptop or PC?...
  9. Reverting to windows 10 home from pro and activating product

Reverting to windows 10 home from pro and activating product: I have an issue with my windows 10, that was original and the license and key to activate them worked perfectly. But when I had to have maintenance done on my computer, the idiots at the shop installed Windows 10 pro. This wasn't my wish and wasn't supposed to be done. Now...
  10. Upgrade Windows 10 Home Product Key

Upgrade Windows 10 Home Product Key: Hi, I recently bought a Windows 10 Home product key but my computer needs a Windows 10 Pro License. Is there any way to upgrade my product key from Home to Pro? I would be willing to pay extra to upgrade but I don't want to pay for two licenses....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what to do if i upgraded windows 10 with fakev product key