Windows 10: Upgraded Windows 8.1 to 10 .But it always goes into recovery mode

Discus and support Upgraded Windows 8.1 to 10 .But it always goes into recovery mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I upgraded from Win8.1 to Win10 on my Lenovo Laptop and every thing was fine .Then i went and installed the Nvidia driver for my graphics card... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Cleve, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Cleve Win User

Upgraded Windows 8.1 to 10 .But it always goes into recovery mode

Hi

I upgraded from Win8.1 to Win10 on my Lenovo Laptop and every thing was fine .Then i went and installed the Nvidia driver for my graphics card and restarted .
    On doing the restart i was getting a blank black screen. So then i went into safe mode and installed the Intel graphics drivers that came with my laptop and restarted .

On doing the restart I am always going into recovery mode now . Even if i try to boot in safe mode it goes into recovery mode. I tried even to do the windows repair via the recovery mode but it does not work.

The only thing that i have is the command prompt in recovery mode .
    Can I install the latest driver via command prompt in recovery mode ? or how should i fix this issue ?*Sad

Please can anyone help . Thanks

:)

Cleve, Nov 10, 2015
  2. deinck Win User

BitLocker Always going into Recovery mode

Solution to this (with no help from MSFT as I found on my own through trial & error) was to switch to using the old TPM v1.2 rather than v2 (even though in bios, it says v2 is supported in Win8 and greater). Plus if you

read online
    , MSFT is sounding as if they plan to very soon deprecate 1.2! This is why I figured I was ' looking ahead', but alas I was wrong apparently.

Everything looks to be working great now.

deinck, Nov 10, 2015
  3. Arun B J Win User
    WIN. 10 goes to into 'Sleep Mode' but wakes before I do.

Hi Paul,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Power troubleshooter

Method 2: I suggest you to update drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website. Both Display
    driver and Audio drivers.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Nov 10, 2015
  4. Kyhi Win User

seems to me you should be try to remove the offending driver installation..
    as it appears the driver installation is what caused the problem in the first place..

5. Cleve Win User
    Can I change the driver via the command line ? . Because i cannot login even in safe mode.

Cleve, Nov 10, 2015
  6. lx07 Win User
    pnputil -e > c:\drivers.txt

open drivers.txt with notepad and check which one you want to uninstall. It will be oemnn.inf where nn is a 2 digit number of type Display Adapter.

pnputil -d oemnn.inf to uninstall it.

7. Kyhi Win User
  8. Cleve Win User

Thanks I will try that. But when i uninstall the display drive .Don't I need to install a new one or will windows automatically use some default driver.

Cleve, Nov 10, 2015
  9. lx07 Win User
    You'll want to add a Nvidea driver eventually. You could add it with add-windowsdriver command (if you already have the driver) but it would be easier to add it through device manager once you've got into windows.

Until then it will use the Microsoft Basic Display adapter which will be fine.

10. Cleve Win User
    Thanks everyone for the help .But finally i had to restore my laptop back to 8.1 and again do the 10 upgrade. Now I installed the latest drivers for my Nvidia graphics card. So far every thing works fine.

Cleve, Nov 12, 2015
  11. lx07 Win User
    Quick!! Make a backup before something breaks *Smile

Thema:

1. Upgraded Windows 8.1 to 10 .But it always goes into recovery mode - Similar Threads - Upgraded always goes

2. Windows 11 Randomly Goes into Recovery Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Randomly Goes into Recovery Mode: Hello,I am having issues with my windows 11 machine Dell G15 5520 randomly going into recovery mode. I will go to bed some nights and leave my computer on and open, and when I wake up the next morning, my computer will have the recovery screen on. It usually never happens...
  3. Windows 11 Randomly Goes into Recovery Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Randomly Goes into Recovery Mode: Hello,I am having issues with my windows 11 machine Dell G15 5520 randomly going into recovery mode. I will go to bed some nights and leave my computer on and open, and when I wake up the next morning, my computer will have the recovery screen on. It usually never happens...
  4. Windows goes to recovery mode loop

Windows goes to recovery mode loop: Hi,I accidentally disabled some of the services with msconfig. Later after restart my laptop goes into recovery mode loop. Tried even resetting the system. But even that too failed not sure what to do. Tried safe boot method but ui page is not loading up.Please add some...
  5. Windows goes to recovery mode loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows goes to recovery mode loop: Hi,I accidentally disabled some of the services with msconfig. Later after restart my laptop goes into recovery mode loop. Tried even resetting the system. But even that too failed not sure what to do. Tried safe boot method but ui page is not loading up.Please add some...
  6. Windows goes to recovery mode loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 10 goes to recovery mode after sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 goes to recovery mode after sleep: HelloI am facing an interesting issue. After computer goes to sleep mode and I want to turn it on again I get the recovery mode screen with select language options.Any suggestions ??...
  8. Windows 10 goes to recovery mode after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 goes to recovery mode after sleep: HelloI am facing an interesting issue. After computer goes to sleep mode and I want to turn it on again I get the recovery mode screen with select language options.Any suggestions ??...
  9. Windows 10 goes to recovery mode after sleep

10. Laptop always boots into recovery mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop always boots into recovery mode: Whenever I start my computer, the windows always boots into recovery mode and then I have to click Continue to Windows and everything else works fine. I have already reset my computer but have no luck with it....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 2010 excel always goes to restart recover mode