Windows 10: upgraded wouldn't activate

Discus and support upgraded wouldn't activate in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I upgraded wouldn't activate, did a delete everything restore and still doesn't activate? Last four digits are not my Windows 8.1 key? 9356 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by wrogg, Jul 28, 2015.

1. wrogg Win User

upgraded wouldn't activate

I upgraded wouldn't activate, did a delete everything restore and still doesn't activate?
    Last four digits are not my Windows 8.1 key?

:)

wrogg, Jul 28, 2015

2. Change of architecture

Hi,

Yes, once you have upgrade to Windows 10 and activated your copy of Windows 10, then you can perform a clean installation and that wouldn't affect your activation status.

Bennet Martin, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Cant check for confirmation on reserve of windows 10 and i've reserved the update for over a month

so my windows wouldn't be genuine and activated if I upgrade through the media tool?

Nobody said that. Whether you select upgrade this PC or make media and upgrade with that, you are using the media creation tool. If the old OS is activated, the Windows 10 installed will be activated.
    Just do NOT start the computer with the media. Start the computer and THEN insert the media.

Cbarnhorst, Jul 28, 2015
Thema:

upgraded wouldn't activate

1. upgraded wouldn't activate - Similar Threads - upgraded wouldn't activate

2. Fresh install of W10Pro wouldn't upgrade - Found a fix

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh install of W10Pro wouldn't upgrade - Found a fix: Ok, so first mistake was not using an up to date USB image to create the machine. This being a Lenovo M900 Tiny that was being re-purposed for a new setup. I had a Win10Pro x64 installer setup on a USB stick and figured, ah, what the heck, let's just use that. Not the right...
  3. Fresh install of W10Pro wouldn't upgrade - Found a fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh install of W10Pro wouldn't upgrade - Found a fix: Ok, so first mistake was not using an up to date USB image to create the machine. This being a Lenovo M900 Tiny that was being re-purposed for a new setup. I had a Win10Pro x64 installer setup on a USB stick and figured, ah, what the heck, let's just use that. Not the right...
  4. Fresh install of W10Pro wouldn't upgrade - Found a fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Upgrade and activations

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade and activations: Hello everybody. My name is Robert and i'm a new member as of March 3, 2021. This is something i need help with. i upgraded from windows 10 home edition to pro. And recently i did a clean install to windows 10 so now i need the product key and i'm not sure where to find it,...
  6. Upgrade and activations

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade and activations: Hello everybody. My name is Robert and i'm a new member as of March 3, 2021. This is something i need help with. i upgraded from windows 10 home edition to pro. And recently i did a clean install to windows 10 so now i need the product key and i'm not sure where to find it,...
  7. activation and upgrade

activation and upgrade: I have a windows 10 pro mini computer. When I first set it up I thought I went through the activation phase of the set up. However now I am receiving a message telling me my operating system has not been activated. I am also getting a message telling me i have to upgrade to...
  8. Windows 10 wouldn't update

Windows 10 wouldn't update: Windows 10 would not update. Now I'm stuck on attempting to recover installation and doing changes to your computer for five hours. I cannot get to safe mode. I tried windows are it won't do anything help!...
  9. Skype Wouldn't Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype Wouldn't Update: I use Skype you can get from Skype.com; it's not Skype Preview that comes with Windows 10. That's junk, in my not so humble opinion. I attempted to upgrade Skype from version 7.25.0.103, but got so far and was told "The specified account already exists." Next, I was told...
  10. windows wouldn't shut down, then marked wrong partition active

in Windows 10 Support
    windows wouldn't shut down, then marked wrong partition active: My dad's PC wouldn't shut down it would hang forever on the spinning circle. I had him try a bunch of things but I accidentally marked the C partition as active. This prevented the machine from booting. I used the win10 disk and had him mark it inactive with DISKPART...