Windows 10: upgrading from 8.1 no updates are available

Discus and support upgrading from 8.1 no updates are available in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hello i have an OEM laptop running 8.1 i reserved windows 10 about 1 month ago via get windows 10 from the notification area it's more than a week... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Zaref, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Zaref Win User

upgrading from 8.1 no updates are available

hello
    i have an OEM laptop running 8.1 i reserved windows 10 about 1 month ago via get windows 10 from the notification area
    it's more than a week now since the upgrade started rolling out so i tried the force update method via windows update
    after several hours it showed me this

upgrading from 8.1 no updates are available [​IMG]

i restarted and it seems like windows was installing those ordinary updates and no windows 10 setup screen appeared
    after booting to windows 8.1 normally windows update showed error code 800700050
    i searched the internet for it then realized it's permissions problem then got it sorted via the "subinacl.msi" i found on microsoft knowledge base
    now i tried updating again but it windows update says no updates available
    i checked my windows partition size and i found it larger than normal then headed to softwareDistribution/download folder and found a large file about 2.7 GB -same size as the update package
    upgrading from 8.1 no updates are available [​IMG]

i tried running windowsUpdateBox but nothing happened
    where is the problem here ?
    you help is much appreciated *Smile
    thanks in advance

:)

Zaref, Aug 5, 2015

2. No updates are available for my Windows Phone

I done soft reset..but i never get updates..plz help me to update i want to try windows 10.

darshanbrahmbhatt, Aug 5, 2015
  3. No updates are available for my Windows Phone

Original title:- windows 10

Why my phone never seen update option...i tap on cheak updates but it show my phone uptodate...plz give me update link

darshanbrahmbhatt, Aug 5, 2015
  4. upgrading from 8.1 no updates are available

Don't wait for windows update to work, try upgrade it manually. In my experience, solving windows update problems take more time and effort than upgrade it by another way with the same result. anw, you can find the instructions below if you want to do it yourself.
    http://moretags.blogspot.com/2015/07...howing-up.html

darksoulpart, Aug 5, 2015
  5. Borg 386 Win User
    Borg 386, Aug 5, 2015
  6. Zaref Win User
    looks like you didn't get my problem

Zaref, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

upgrading from 8.1 no updates are available

1. upgrading from 8.1 no updates are available - Similar Threads - upgrading updates are

2. Upgrade from 8. to 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from 8. to 10: Downloading windows 10 from 8.1 this message pops up "This cant run on your PC' What does this mean?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-8-to-10/e8e9e65d-8325-4dc3-bca1-3ce2e1858e46
  3. Upgrade from 8. to 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from 8. to 10: Downloading windows 10 from 8.1 this message pops up "This cant run on your PC' What does this mean?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-8-to-10/e8e9e65d-8325-4dc3-bca1-3ce2e1858e46
  4. Upgrade from 8. to 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WiFi not working after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8. 1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi not working after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8. 1: After I upgrade my windows 8.1 to windows 10 my WiFi is not working. When I restart also it isn't working. Randomly after I shutdown and start my laptop, it's working. Hope a quick solution for this issue. Thank you....
  6. Upgrade from Windows 8 to 10p

in Windows 10 Customization
    Upgrade from Windows 8 to 10p: Dear all, I am wondering if i can upgrade from windows 8 to Windows 10 and keep all my software and files and folders with no change. Thx in advance....
  7. Updated from Windows 8 to 10, sleep mode is no longer available

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Updated from Windows 8 to 10, sleep mode is no longer available: A few days ago I updated my HP Envy laptop from Windows 8 to Windows 10. I used to be able to close the lid and the computer would enter sleep mode, and come out of it when I opened the lid. After updating, it now goes into hibernation mode when I close the lid. In the Sleep...
  8. Updated from Windows 8 to 10, sleep mode is no longer available

in Windows 10 Support
    Updated from Windows 8 to 10, sleep mode is no longer available: A few days ago I updated my HP Envy laptop from Windows 8 to Windows 10. I used to be able to close the lid and the computer would enter sleep mode, and come out of it when I opened the lid. After updating, it now goes into hibernation mode when I close the lid. In the Sleep...
  9. Upgrading from Windows "8" ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from Windows "8" ?: Can you get the free upgrade to Windows 10 from the original Windows 8? Or is it only 7 and 8.1? 26006
  10. Upgrade from 8 worked

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade from 8 worked: Got a clients PC with 8.0 on it. Decided to see how upgrade to 10 would work. Used the upgrade tool on the MS site. Upgraded and activated. For Free. Anyone know why???*Rolleyes Pete P.S. Not complaining, hade done many while the free offer was still around. This one...