Windows 10: Upgrading from Win 7 directly to Win 10 RTM

Discus and support Upgrading from Win 7 directly to Win 10 RTM in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; With all the information regarding upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 RTM I would have thought I could find something that would show me how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JJG10, Aug 2, 2015.

1. JJG10 Win User

Upgrading from Win 7 directly to Win 10 RTM

With all the information regarding upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 RTM I would have thought I could find something that would show me how to upgrade my Win 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 RTM. I could not sort it out.

I have Win 7 Home Premium installed and have looked all over the place for an way to use Windows Update to the job.
    I have no or little interest in doing a clean install via an ISO at this point.

Will someone point me in the right direction.

Thank you.

:)

JJG10, Aug 2, 2015
  2. slance310 Win User

Windows XP to Windows 10

Hi,

You can not get the FREE upgrade to Win 10 from XP... Only Win 7 SP1 and Win 8.1.

Windows 10 Enterprise has a Evaluation version available, but it is not an upgrade...

It requires a clean install..

At one time, you could get a Win 10 Preview for any machine by downloading a ISO, but that no longer exists after the release of the RTM...

Even then, you could only upgrade Win 7 and higher. Everything else required a clean install.

slance310, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Am past the 30 day mark with WIN 10 Can't stand it any longer!

System was current with all updates, drivers before upgrading to Win 10. I downloaded Win 7 Pro directly from MS to upgrade from Win 7 Home edition. Everything was up to date before upgrade and system was totally compatible for Win 10.

ValdisGailitis, Aug 2, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

If you don't have the GWX icon on your taskbar, and are not being offered Windows 10 in Windows update, it will be much easier to simply use the Media Creation Tool to perform the upgrade. You don't have to burn anything to a disk, just run the tool, select the correct edition (in your case, Windows 10 Home) and whatever bitness you are install, then choose Upgrade this PC now.

Make sure you perform an upgrade first, you can clean install any time you want after that, no key is required (just click the skip button if you decide to do a clean install).

This assumes that your current Windows 7/8.x is valid, genuine, and activated.

See

Windows 10: How to skip the line and claim your free upgrade right now | PCWorld

Mystere, Aug 2, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Aug 3, 2015
  6. JJG10 Win User
    Thank you very, very much. I didn't realize the Media Creation Tool would do that! I thought, mistakenly, it was for just for creating a DVD or USB disk. I worked like a charm.

JJG10, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Upgrading from Win 7 directly to Win 10 RTM - Similar Threads - Upgrading directly RTM

2. Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10: Hello.Few days ago i make upgrade to Windows 10 on my computer with Windows 7 PRO licence. I know that the free upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 is not free any more. If i check Activation status it is Activeted with digital licence. Is this legal?...
  3. Win 7 to win 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 7 to win 10 upgrade: This issue was posted 2 yrs ago and no solution was found then. It still has the same problem today on my Toshiba L775 laptop:Error: 0x8007001F - 0x20006 the installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with error during REPLICATE_OC operation while upgrading to Windows 10 from...
  4. Upgrade from win 7 to win 10 fails

Upgrade from win 7 to win 10 fails: I have tried upgrading my system from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10. I downloaded the upgrade from this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10 The upgrade gets approximately 90 to 95 percent installed, and errors out. Now every time I get the...
  5. Upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10: If I upgrade my operating system to Win 10 , must I redownload and reinstall all the games that I have on my PC ( around 12 Terabytes ) ? or there is a workaround to avoid that ( so that I can play them in Win 10 without the hassle ) ? Most of the games are on ( steam ,...
  6. upgrade from WIN 7 to WIN 10 failure

upgrade from WIN 7 to WIN 10 failure: getting the error "failed in SECOND BOOT, MIGRATING DATA step" when trying to upgrade from WIN 7 to WIN 10. any idesa on how to fix. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-win-7-to-win-10-failure/5897582e-19f6-4dd0-a905-db07ffc929b9
  7. upgrade to win 10 from 7

upgrade to win 10 from 7: I upgraded briefly about 2 years ago from 7 to 10 and then within an hour went back to win 7. Since that time my "setup backup " and thus backup would not complete.. a couple of days ago after some digging i was getting error code ox80041321 for which after trying a couple...
  8. upgrade from win 7 to 10

upgrade from win 7 to 10: I have an existing desktop computer running with windows 7. I purchased a new windows 10 dvd. My windows 7 is win 10 compatible. All the help ie videos etc seem to be based on using the windows "media creation tool" and not the official Microsoft dvd. If anyone can guide me...
  9. Win 7 upgrade to Win 10

Win 7 upgrade to Win 10: I currently have windows 7 and just found out I was to get a free upgrade to Window 10. How do I acquire it please? * Moved from Insider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-upgrade-to-win-10/660e7921-eca1-4cde-be15-203ea0536f50
  10. Upgrading from win7pro to win 10 RTM

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrading from win7pro to win 10 RTM: I am in need of assistance , so far cannot find for users a list of what has to be prepared etc for changing from Win7 to Win10. For examples I am using office 2010 so do I need to take all docs backup to dvd disc to be reinstalled. Mail (seems to be a real issue) if...