Windows 10: Upgrading from Windows 10 s on Surface Pro?

Discus and support Upgrading from Windows 10 s on Surface Pro? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have the latest Surface Pro - i5, 8g ram - and did not realize that it came with a sort of condensed version of Windows 10. I can get by with this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ags65, Sep 6, 2017.

1. ags65 Win User

Upgrading from Windows 10 s on Surface Pro?

I have the latest Surface Pro - i5, 8g ram - and did not realize that it came with a sort of condensed version of Windows 10. I can get by with this but would much prefer to upgrade. Thankfully there is some sort of mysterious offer out there to upgrade to the proper Windows 10 for free, so my question would be thus....

How do I access that free offer, and is it something I should do on a device that's purportedly designed to accommodate 10s?

:)

ags65, Sep 6, 2017

2. Upgrade from Windows 10 s to Windows 10 Pro

Hello there,

I have recently purchased a Microsoft Surface Laptop, which comes with the Windows 10 S system.

Windows 10 S has prevented me from installing all apps that are not currently in the Microsoft store, this is extremely inconvenient.

I was trying to upgrade from Windows 10 S to Windows 10 Pro by clicking in to the Microsoft store, but every time when I was trying to open up the Windows 10 Pro app in the store, the store window just disappeared. I have no problem opening up other apps
    in the Microsoft store, only with the Windows 10 Pro app.

Please can you advise how can I possibly upgrade from Windows 10 S to Windows 10 Pro ?

Cheers

Chris

ChristinaHe, Sep 6, 2017
  3. DA Finley Win User
    Windows 10 S to Windows 10 Pro

Hello,

I just got my Surface Laptop. I am trying to upgrade from Windows 10 S to the Windows 10 Pro. Whenever I hit the Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from the Microsoft Store, the store just closes. I can navigate the store just fine and able to access other apps without
    the store closing; however, once I click Windows 10 Pro to upgrade my laptop, the store just closes.

I would appreciate some help in upgrading.

Surface Laptop Specs:

Burgundy

Intel i5/ 8 GB Ram/ 256 GB space.

Thank you.

DA Finley, Sep 6, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Sep 6, 2017
  5. ags65 Win User
    Thank you! I made the switch *Smile

ags65, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Upgrading from Windows 10 s on Surface Pro? - Similar Threads - Upgrading Surface Pro

2. Upgrading Surfaces from Windows Home to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading Surfaces from Windows Home to Windows 10 Pro: Hello,I run a small business. Unfortunately for the business, I run all our IT. Recently I have had to buy everyone laptops, so I decided to splash out and buy 4 Surface Pros from Amazon. By default these devices run Windows Home editions.I use Microsoft for all our emails...
  3. Upgrading Surfaces from Windows Home to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading Surfaces from Windows Home to Windows 10 Pro: Hello,I run a small business. Unfortunately for the business, I run all our IT. Recently I have had to buy everyone laptops, so I decided to splash out and buy 4 Surface Pros from Amazon. By default these devices run Windows Home editions.I use Microsoft for all our emails...
  4. Upgrading Surfaces from Windows Home to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Surface Pro 6 Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Surface Pro 6 Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro: I have a new Surface Pro 6. I purchased the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft store, but keep getting an activation error that no product code was found - and there seems to be no way to re-download, or get activation key, or anything along those lines from the...
  6. Upgrade from Windows 10 S to Windows Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Windows 10 S to Windows Pro: Does anyone know how to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-windows-10-s-to-windows-pro/4357911b-22ff-493c-84c9-28826ac0ff04
  7. Win 10, Surface Pro 6 & "S"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10, Surface Pro 6 & "S": By accident, I Discovered my Windows Operating System on Surface Pro 6, carries a trailing "S" for surface. And it appears if I delete the S, any non-windows apps will fail (or be removed). True Yes/NO? Tried signing up for "TECH-NET", ASKED VERSION OF WINDOWS - MINE NOT...
  8. remove S mode from Surface Pro.?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    remove S mode from Surface Pro.?: remove S mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-s-mode-from-surface-pro/7d02efa6-bedf-4a95-97b0-4298bb86b26c
  9. Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows S

Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows S: I keep getting an error when I try to upgrade it for free... Could someone kindly help? ): Many thanks in advance! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-upgrade-to-windows-10-pro-from-windows-s/8ca835e1-ba24-486e-953f-b76426500bfd
  10. Can Surface Go be upgraded from Windows 10 S to Windows 10 Pro?

Can Surface Go be upgraded from Windows 10 S to Windows 10 Pro?: If so, how is that done, without buying a new license and doing a clean install of Windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/can-surface-go-be-upgraded-from-windows-10-s-to/3cb78c1a-ac58-45b6-b78f-68cf274cdbd1

Users found this page by searching for:

1. upgrading to windows 10 pro on surface pro 6