Windows 10: upgrading from Windows 7, switch user, how many accounts are kept?

Discus and support upgrading from Windows 7, switch user, how many accounts are kept? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I used Windows 10.iso to upgrade from Windows 7 sp1 to Windows 10. I chose to keep all the apps and settings. Upon finishing upgrading, I was... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by yky378, Aug 9, 2015.

1. yky378 Win User

upgrading from Windows 7, switch user, how many accounts are kept?

I used Windows 10.iso to upgrade from Windows 7 sp1 to Windows 10. I chose to keep all the apps and settings.

Upon finishing upgrading, I was confronted with a logon screen and a user name. Unfortunately, I could not log in. I'm sure I know the password but it just doesn't work.

Is that one the only account in Windows 10? How many accounts does upgrade keep? Is it possible to switch to another account at the logon screen so I can log in? How? Thanks.

:)

yky378, Aug 9, 2015
  2. lanchez Win User

logging off to switch user account

I used the administrative account to upgrade to windows 10. how do I switch users. I did the windows upgrade to 10. I never done an upgrade. Usually I buy an oem os, scrub the harddrive, and install os. but this time I got a free upgrade, not a clean
    install,,,,,so upgrade(never done) verses clean install(very familiar)

so, 2 minutes after the upgrade, I want to switch to my account. Instead of exploring the windows 10 system, I post a question for answer.

thanks for your time

please keep in mind that I'm used to windows 7 desktop. very familiar with logging off and switching users

lanchez, Aug 9, 2015
  3. silent54 Win User
    Missing User Account After Windows 10 Upgrade

I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 using the free upgrade. Initially during the upgrade and configuration, I was using my account or profile. However, didn't see my wife's account at login. After install and setup was complete, I was updating
    a few programs out of date due to the upgrade, restarted, and at login only my wife's account was present. No option for me to login. I looked in the Settings/Accounts/Family & Other users and there isn't anyone else listed except her. I still have a file
    under users on the C drive but not sure how to fix this without having to create a new account. There is also a profile for my account under System Properties/ User Profiles. During initial setup when I was logged in, my desktop setting were exactly how they
    were with Win 7. So, no clue as to why my login profile is no longer available for login or user switching. Thanks

silent54, Aug 9, 2015
Thema:

upgrading from Windows 7, switch user, how many accounts are kept?

1. upgrading from Windows 7, switch user, how many accounts are kept? - Similar Threads - upgrading switch user

2. how to upgrade from windows 7\

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to upgrade from windows 7\: how can i upgrade my pc from windows 7 to the lateset update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-upgrade-from-windows-7/2e7984cb-7c84-4d60-b41f-02e3590793af
  3. how to upgrade from windows 7\

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to upgrade from windows 7\: how can i upgrade my pc from windows 7 to the lateset update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-upgrade-from-windows-7/2e7984cb-7c84-4d60-b41f-02e3590793af
  4. How to switch Windows 11 User account from login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to switch Windows 11 User account from login screen: Computer is running Windows 11 Pro. I personally installed two Local User accounts on the laptop: an Admin account and an account for our employee. Employee terminated and we need to access the files. I am at the login screen and no matter what I do, I can't get to a...
  5. How to switch Windows 11 User account from login screen

How to switch Windows 11 User account from login screen: Computer is running Windows 11 Pro. I personally installed two Local User accounts on the laptop: an Admin account and an account for our employee. Employee terminated and we need to access the files. I am at the login screen and no matter what I do, I can't get to a...
  6. How to switch a user account to an administrator account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to switch a user account to an administrator account?: I made a stupid mistake and make the only account on my laptop into a user instead of an administrator and now I can't switch it back. When I try to do so in the settings it would prompt me to log in as an administrator but because my personal account is the only account on...
  7. How to switch a user account to an administrator account?

How to switch a user account to an administrator account?: I made a stupid mistake and make the only account on my laptop into a user instead of an administrator and now I can't switch it back. When I try to do so in the settings it would prompt me to log in as an administrator but because my personal account is the only account on...
  8. Many Windows 7 users are still not upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Many Windows 7 users are still not upgrading to Windows 10: Microsoft is no longer releasing security updates for Windows 7 and the company encourages everyone to upgrade to Windows 10. Windows 10 upgrade efforts aren’t as aggressive as they were back in the days when Microsoft launched Windows 10. In January, Microsoft said it has...
  9. Switching from user to admin account requires extra sign in to switch back to user account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Switching from user to admin account requires extra sign in to switch back to user account: In Windows 10 on a home computer, if I sign into a user account, then switch to the administrator account, then switch back to the user account, I have to sign in to the user account again. Why if I'm already signed in? How do I fix this?...
  10. Strange phantom user accounts after upgrade from Windows 7 to 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Strange phantom user accounts after upgrade from Windows 7 to 10: I have a strange problem with a PC that I just upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10. This is the third PC in my family that I have done the upgrade but the only one to exhibit this problem. The system has 5 registered user accounts, but on the login screen after the...