Windows 10: Upgrading from windows 7

Discus and support Upgrading from windows 7 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am using Windows 7 (64) Ultimate. I downloaded windows 10. I put it onto a DVD. If I boot from the DVD it asks for product key. The only one I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by otuatail, Jul 2, 2018.

1. otuatail Win User

Upgrading from windows 7

I am using Windows 7 (64) Ultimate. I downloaded windows 10. I put it onto a DVD.

If I boot from the DVD it asks for product key. The only one I have is for windows 7. This is invalid.

If I run DVD after windows 7 has started up. The only one I have is for windows 7. This is invalid.

Whats the score?

P.S. I had to create a new account because the website designers forgot to include a forgot password section.

:)

otuatail, Jul 2, 2018

2. Windows 7 Lover's Club: For Those Who Like Windows 7 As Opposed To Windows 8

Description:
    • For anyone who likes Windows 7 as opposed to Windows 8 and wants to keep Windows 7 and not upgrade to Windows 8.
    • Also for anyone who does not hate Windows 8 but refuses to upgrade because Windows 7 is perfect.
    Requirements:
    • Be human. Male or female will suffice.
    • Love or Like Windows 7 much more than Windows 8.
    To Join:
    • Make a post.
    Benefits:
    • You will find true love one day.
    • You have have a chance to get rich one day.
    • You will have a chance for your dreams to come true one day.

vawrvawerawe, Jul 2, 2018
  3. hellrazor Win User
    Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Jul 2, 2018
  4. malware Win User

Upgrading from windows 7

ASUS Details its Windows 7 Upgrade Program

ASUSTeK today also announced that it will be starting an upgrade program that will allow users who have purchased a qualifying ASUS desktop PC, notebook, EeeTop PC or Eee PC to upgrade their existing Windows Vista OS to the better and yet to be finalized Windows 7 operating system. From June 26, 2009 through January 31, 2010 owners of the below listed ASUS products may visit this webpage here, complete the registration process and wait for their upgrade kit after the general availability date of Windows 7 which is October 22nd. The ASUS Windows 7 Upgrade offer will be free in the USA, while users from other parts of the world will have to pay a nominal shipping and handling fee. Below is the full list of ASUS products that are eligible for the Windows 7 upgrade program.

Upgrading from windows 7 asus_win71.png

Source: ASUS

malware, Jul 2, 2018
Thema:

Upgrading from windows 7

1. Upgrading from windows 7 - Similar Threads - Upgrading

2. Windows 10 upgrade failed, now a bunch of my storage is taken up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade failed, now a bunch of my storage is taken up: I was trying to upgrade my windows 7 computer to windows 10 from a USB, then the installation failed due to error 0xC1900101 0x20017. I restarted my computer to try to install windows 10 again but now I dont even have enough space. My drive had 12GB free and now it only has...
  3. Having problems with Cortana and Search after upgrading to version 1809

in Cortana
    Having problems with Cortana and Search after upgrading to version 1809: I upgraded my Windows 10 version 1803 to 1809. Cortana is slow to trigger and as I speak, it quits without doing anything. Same thing happens when i press the mic option. Also when I search for some app and press Enter, the search menu still draws over other apps and even...
  4. Recent windows 10 upgrade issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recent windows 10 upgrade issue: My computer is set for automatic upgrade... Earlier this week. Windows 10 went thru an upgrade and now my screen will occasionally return to the Home screen while I am, viewing another screen view on the internet. I am not toughing any buttons on keyboard or using the...
  5. Reinstalling Windows 10 (Upgraded Version)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstalling Windows 10 (Upgraded Version): I have a PC whose windows installation is now causing a number of issues. I want to do a clean software build. As I upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1 (which in turn was from 8), can I just install 8 and Windows Upgrade will do the rest? Thanks Phil...
  6. windows ten is junk no wonder they offered a free upgrade, nothing but issues everyday,and...

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows ten is junk no wonder they offered a free upgrade, nothing but issues everyday,and...: default programs not allowing me to use music bee as my media player.. iTunes is crap..so no right away. window media is horrible..as per usual. I would like to uninstall that groove music $ store app....
  7. just upgraded my Motherboard and tried to active my windows.

just upgraded my Motherboard and tried to active my windows.: hey, i recently upgraded my motherboard and installed all the updates, suddenly the windows activation water mark pop up, in order to reactive my windows by troubleshooting some error message pop up , i tried several ways , i followed one guide about sysprep.exe and i got...
  8. upgrades to solitaire games.

upgrades to solitaire games.: The last auto upgrade Microsoft did changed the way the solitaire games work. Can I change them back to the way they were before the upgrade? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrades-to-solitaire-games/16f786eb-818b-493b-8918-06b1968a4d88
  9. Upgrading home to pro, then later downgrading to home for sale

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading home to pro, then later downgrading to home for sale: I am planning on buying new laptop which comes with Windows 10 Home edition preinstalled. After that I plan on upgrading the windows to Pro version. To my understanding I just buy the upgrade key and that is it. However, most likely in next 2-3 years, I would buy new...
  10. Is it recommended to reinstall Windows 10 when I upgrade from 1TB SSD to 2TB SSD on a...

Is it recommended to reinstall Windows 10 when I upgrade from 1TB SSD to 2TB SSD on a...: Hi, I have just built a new computer but I have not activated Windows 10 yet. I plan to upgrade the SSD from my current 1TB SSD to 2TB SSD within the next three months. In this case, is it better to copy all user files from the 1TB SSD to an external drive, install Windows 10...