Windows 10: Upgrading from Windows 8.1 on Intel Graphics

Discus and support Upgrading from Windows 8.1 on Intel Graphics in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since I have a HP - Pavilion 17.3" Laptop - Intel Core i5 - 6GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive: with Intel HD Graphics 4400 I was wondering if the install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sportsfan7702, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Upgrading from Windows 8.1 on Intel Graphics

Since I have a HP - Pavilion 17.3" Laptop - Intel Core i5 - 6GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive: with Intel HD Graphics 4400
    I was wondering if the install process was smoothed out. Last time I tried it it was a rough install with poor performance. Also, has the rollback feature gone away?

I absolutely am not a fan of clean installs, because with Windows 8, I'm afraid i'll lose my partition even if I back everything up.

:)

sportsfan7702, Jun 13, 2015

2. windows 10 intel hd graphics family error

Hello admin

i have a question that i recently upgraded to windows 10 from windows 8.1 every thing was working fine till now only after i noticed my intel hd graphics family driver crashing multiple time and i even get a notification that intel hd graphics family driver
    has blocked my programs from accessing the graphics due to which i am not able to play any of my games as it force closes and gives me thee odd notification of blocking the application for graphics i have an intel hd graphics family and an amd radeon hd 8500m
    graphics

my amd is working fine and well but there is some serious issues with intel graphics as i have an updated driver but still the problem persists please help and tell me what to do as for now i m thinking to rollback to windows 8.1 just for this issue

deepakverma1928, Jun 13, 2015
  3. alibassam Win User
    Windows 10 on intel hd graphic

Hello Everyone,

I upgrade my Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 pro today.When I install intel hd graphic 3000 driver but an error occurred:driver not supported ,can anyone please help me to install intel hd graphic 3000 driver in Windows 10 pro?

alibassam, Jun 13, 2015
  4. linw Win User

Upgrading from Windows 8.1 on Intel Graphics

What do you mean by "back everything up"? Do you mean take an image of the C: drive or copy files from the C: drive?

Everyone who tries preview upgrades should have an image backup of their C: drive to enable a return to the original setup.

5. Yes, basically cloning the drive.

sportsfan7702, Jun 13, 2015
  6. linw Win User
    Good move! Have you cloned to a drive that can't be tested in the laptop?

Anyway, there are a lot of us who have happily ugraded in situ so it is strange to hear of your bad experience.

Hope your next one is better!

7. Since Win10 is still a Preview release I suggest a dual boot. It's much easier to manage one system if there are major issues, than to unwind an upgraded system and start over.

I have a HP dv6 (AMD) and have had a fair experience with the Preview - only one cause for alarm a few releases back. There are a number of nuisance issues and a few implementation issues - these are expected in development core releases. The folks around here can guide you through almost anything if you run into a roadblock.

Read through this tutorial and ask any questions before proceeding - it's easier to answer a question than to unwind a mistake and start over.

Pay attention to the colored boxes and follow any links - these are important.

Windows 10 - Dual Boot with Windows 7 or Windows 8 - Windows 10 Forums

Slartybart, Jun 14, 2015
  8. Upgrading from Windows 8.1 on Intel Graphics

Has anyone heard if (like now) you will be able to roll back to the previous OS like you can now with the preview?

sportsfan7702, Jun 15, 2015
  9. Since Win10 will be an upgrade, you will have the ability to 'roll back' to the previous install (windows.old). It's a good idea though to create an image of your system before you upgrade ... just in case.

See: EightForums.com: Search for image Results

Slartybart, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Upgrading from Windows 8.1 on Intel Graphics

1. Upgrading from Windows 8.1 on Intel Graphics - Similar Threads - Upgrading Intel Graphics

2. Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.: I have an older Laptop that I use for travel. It was my wife's old laptop. It crashed ad I had reload then it became available. OEM disks after replacing the hard drive. Now it's running 8.1. I had previously upgraded it to Widows 10 when available. It I just bought a new...
  3. Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.: I have an older Laptop that I use for travel. It was my wife's old laptop. It crashed ad I had reload then it became available. OEM disks after replacing the hard drive. Now it's running 8.1. I had previously upgraded it to Widows 10 when available. It I just bought a new...
  4. Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Window 10 upgrade from 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 upgrade from 8: Can I upgrade direct from 8 to 10 I have tried updating to 8.1 but it is continually failing attached is a copy of my specs on this laptop Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-upgrade-from-8/b95452fa-dbf9-4d06-bcbe-60d52335c15a
  6. Window 10 upgrade from 8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 10 upgrade from 8: Can I upgrade direct from 8 to 10 I have tried updating to 8.1 but it is continually failing attached is a copy of my specs on this laptop Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-upgrade-from-8/b95452fa-dbf9-4d06-bcbe-60d52335c15a
  7. upgrading to Windows 10 from 8

upgrading to Windows 10 from 8: Hello, So I finally upgraded my dads windows 8 laptop to windows 10 because he's a stubborn old man who wouldnt do it when it was free.. That windows 8 version had face recognition password that he used to log in and cant remember the password he used to create that log...
  8. WiFi not working after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8. 1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi not working after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8. 1: After I upgrade my windows 8.1 to windows 10 my WiFi is not working. When I restart also it isn't working. Randomly after I shutdown and start my laptop, it's working. Hope a quick solution for this issue. Thank you....
  9. Upgrade from Windows 8 to 10p

in Windows 10 Customization
    Upgrade from Windows 8 to 10p: Dear all, I am wondering if i can upgrade from windows 8 to Windows 10 and keep all my software and files and folders with no change. Thx in advance....
  10. Upgrading from Windows "8" ?

Upgrading from Windows "8" ?: Can you get the free upgrade to Windows 10 from the original Windows 8? Or is it only 7 and 8.1? 26006