Windows 10: Upgrading from Windows 8 to Windows 10 Issue after Restarting

Discus and support Upgrading from Windows 8 to Windows 10 Issue after Restarting in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I went through the install process of Windows 10. It installed, and then asked to restart. I allowed it to restart then nothing changed once it came... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Krzperfo, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Krzperfo Win User

Upgrading from Windows 8 to Windows 10 Issue after Restarting

I went through the install process of Windows 10. It installed, and then asked to restart. I allowed it to restart then nothing changed once it came back from a reboot. Still Windows 8. No popup showing install is continuing. Nothing.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any possible suggestions.

:)

Krzperfo, Aug 3, 2015

2. upgrading Windows 10

When I try to upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10, after installing Windows 10 I am asked to restart my computer. In the restart process, computer reverts automatically to Windows 8. I am not able to upgrade to Windows 10. Any suggestions?

JanLedochowski, Aug 3, 2015
  3. lonzio123 Win User
    Memory management

Windows 10 CPU gets memory management on startup. Wipe OS and install windows 8, no issues. Perform free upgrade to windows 10. When instructed to restart after windows 10 install, restart gives memory management error and restarts back to windows 8.
    Replaced RAM, repeated and get same result, can't upgrade to windows 10. Any help?

lonzio123, Aug 3, 2015
  4. LakisFM1 Win User

Same symptom here.

I have downloaded at least 4 times the 2.5GB update ,
    schedule installation reboot > NOW.
    Reboots and Win8.1 desktop show up again.

My only chance is to try to install via ISO ...

I hope someone knows the answer.

LakisFM1, Aug 11, 2015
Thema:

1. Upgrading from Windows 8 to Windows 10 Issue after Restarting - Similar Threads - Upgrading Issue Restarting

2. Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.: I have an older Laptop that I use for travel. It was my wife's old laptop. It crashed ad I had reload then it became available. OEM disks after replacing the hard drive. Now it's running 8.1. I had previously upgraded it to Widows 10 when available. It I just bought a new...
  3. Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.: I have an older Laptop that I use for travel. It was my wife's old laptop. It crashed ad I had reload then it became available. OEM disks after replacing the hard drive. Now it's running 8.1. I had previously upgraded it to Widows 10 when available. It I just bought a new...
  4. Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Window 10 upgrade from 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 upgrade from 8: Can I upgrade direct from 8 to 10 I have tried updating to 8.1 but it is continually failing attached is a copy of my specs on this laptop Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-upgrade-from-8/b95452fa-dbf9-4d06-bcbe-60d52335c15a
  6. Window 10 upgrade from 8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 10 upgrade from 8: Can I upgrade direct from 8 to 10 I have tried updating to 8.1 but it is continually failing attached is a copy of my specs on this laptop Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-upgrade-from-8/b95452fa-dbf9-4d06-bcbe-60d52335c15a
  7. upgrading to Windows 10 from 8

upgrading to Windows 10 from 8: Hello, So I finally upgraded my dads windows 8 laptop to windows 10 because he's a stubborn old man who wouldnt do it when it was free.. That windows 8 version had face recognition password that he used to log in and cant remember the password he used to create that log...
  8. Upgrade from windows 8 to windows 10

Upgrade from windows 8 to windows 10: Want to upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-windows-8-to-windows-10/b8b82b87-210e-4b23-b20b-2ee379cac65e
  9. windows 8 upgrade issue

windows 8 upgrade issue: Hi All, i recently upgrade from windows 8 to windows 8 pro so i can get windows 10 pro but whenever i run the setup file, it only allow to install windows 10 home. Even if i use the media tools and create a windows 10 pro USB, it still show as windows 10 home. Anyway to...
  10. Windows 10 Key after upgrading from Windows 8

Windows 10 Key after upgrading from Windows 8: I have been subscribed to the insider preview and had all the builds of Win 10 as they have been released when Win 10 went RTM I unsubscribed and installed Win 8 Pro and registered using my legit Win 8 Pro key afterwards I upgraded to Win 10 RTM from Microsoft updates and...