Windows 10: Upgrading MotherBoard

Discus and support Upgrading MotherBoard in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am going to upgrade my mb cpu and ram. After this can I do an install with keeping my settings etc or do I need to a clean install? I keep most of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tigeromega, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Upgrading MotherBoard

I am going to upgrade my mb cpu and ram. After this can I do an install with keeping my settings etc or do I need to a clean install? I keep most of my software on my D drive anyway. When I had to do a clean install because of a drive failure I just linked all my D drive software with tiles. I would like to keep all my setting and a few programs on my C drive.

:)

Tigeromega, Feb 7, 2017
  2. Upgrading Win User

My Nokia C3 is not supporting softwares

I have tried so many ways to download softwares, but to my efforts are all fruitless. When i go to other sites to download and install softwares, the place to download the software will not even be active and when i download from ovi store it is not supported.
    What should i do to end this problem?

Upgrading, Feb 7, 2017
  3. Will Upgrading Motherboard After Upgrading To Windows 10 Make Me Lose My Windows License?

Hi Ande,

I have a nagging question at the back of me head.

You wrote:

What happens if I change my motherboard?

As it pertains to the OEM licenses this will invalidate the Windows 10 upgrade license because it will no longer have a previous base qualifying license which is required for the free upgrade. You will then have to purchase a full retail Windows
    10 license. If the base qualifying license (Windows 7 or Windows 8.1) was a full retail version, then yes, you can transfer it.

Now, my condition is that I own a full packaged product (FPP) of Windows 7 Home Premium which I then free-upgraded to Win10 when I was offered to do so.

According to your posting, I can replace my motherboard for a better one and then re-license win10 so that it will run ok in my new rig, is that correct?

Best

arfan

Arfan Achyar, Feb 7, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Upgrading MotherBoard

Are you also replacing your HDD/SSD? Why not just keep what you have now installed? And if you are replacing the HDD or SSD, why not just clone what you have now over to it?

NavyLCDR, Feb 8, 2017
  5. Steve C Win User
    The upgrade may not activate depending what licence you have. Windows 10 might just recognise the change in motherboard and install the right drivers. If not, hopefully it will boot and you will need to manually install the right drivers. Ensure you make a full backup first.

Steve C, Feb 8, 2017
  6. chideock Win User
    Maybe I do not understand correctly but I am under the impression that a new mobo requires a new operating system. One can not just use the OS that was on the old mobo.

chideock, Feb 8, 2017
  7. kipper Win User
    As Steve says; depends on the license.......if he has a "Full" retail he will not have a problem as long as it is installed on one system at a time....

kipper, Feb 8, 2017
  8. chideock Win User

Upgrading MotherBoard

Ok understand

chideock, Feb 8, 2017
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    Or if the new computer has a preexisting license for the same version of Windows, even if it is OEM. (Which, I do understand a new motherboard will not.)

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Upgrading MotherBoard

1. Upgrading MotherBoard - Similar Threads - Upgrading MotherBoard

2. I am upgrading my pc with a new motherboard, processor, ram, and hard drive. can install...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am upgrading my pc with a new motherboard, processor, ram, and hard drive. can install...: I am upgrading my pc with a new motherboard, processor, ram, and hard drive. can install windows 11 on the pc I'm upgrading from 10 without using the original hardrive and without purchasing a new license?I'm theoretically using the same system to upgrade to 11. i don't want...
  3. I am upgrading my pc with a new motherboard, processor, ram, and hard drive. can install...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am upgrading my pc with a new motherboard, processor, ram, and hard drive. can install...: I am upgrading my pc with a new motherboard, processor, ram, and hard drive. can install windows 11 on the pc I'm upgrading from 10 without using the original hardrive and without purchasing a new license?I'm theoretically using the same system to upgrade to 11. i don't want...
  4. I am upgrading my pc with a new motherboard, processor, ram, and hard drive. can install...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on...: Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on my PC. I have an OEM:DM type licence according to the script?...
  6. Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on...: Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on my PC. I have an OEM:DM type licence according to the script?...
  7. Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on...

8. I upgraded my CPU and motherboard. Now Windows isn't activated, and the troubleshooter...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I upgraded my CPU and motherboard. Now Windows isn't activated, and the troubleshooter...: Yesterday I did a long overdue upgrade of my pc, and this morning I woke up to find windows not activated. When I went to the activation page in settings and ran the troubleshooter, it says "We can't activate your copy of Windows. Make sure you're connected to the Internet...
  9. I upgraded my CPU and motherboard. Now Windows isn't activated, and the troubleshooter...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I upgraded my CPU and motherboard. Now Windows isn't activated, and the troubleshooter...: Yesterday I did a long overdue upgrade of my pc, and this morning I woke up to find windows not activated. When I went to the activation page in settings and ran the troubleshooter, it says "We can't activate your copy of Windows. Make sure you're connected to the Internet...
  10. I upgraded my CPU and motherboard. Now Windows isn't activated, and the troubleshooter...