Windows 10: Upgrading my SSD - Do I need to reinstall Windows?

Discus and support Upgrading my SSD - Do I need to reinstall Windows? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Samsung SSD 830 Series 128GB 2.5" disk running basically only Windows. I've moved all users folders to my other HDD (Western Digital... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hoggorm, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Hoggorm Win User

Upgrading my SSD - Do I need to reinstall Windows?

Hi,

I have a Samsung SSD 830 Series 128GB 2.5" disk running basically only Windows. I've moved all users folders to my other HDD (Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB) and on this disc all Program Files, games etc. are stored.

Now I bought this Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5" SATA that I'd like to replace my Samsung SSD with.

Do I have to reinstall Windows completely or can I copy the Samsung disk over to the WD somehow?

:)

Hoggorm, Feb 25, 2018

2. do i need to reinstall MS office after upgrading my windows 8.1 to windows 10...?

do i need to reinstall MS office after upgrading my windows 8.1 to windows 10...?

JatinRautela, Feb 25, 2018
  3. do i need to reinstall MS office after upgrading my windows 8.1 to windows 10...?

Nope-As long as it is supported on Windows 10.Office 2007+ editions are supported in Windows 10.

I would suggest making a backup of data before attempting the upgrade

Sumit Dhiman2, Feb 25, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

topgundcp, Feb 25, 2018
  5. Hoggorm Win User
    Thank you Top Gun *Smile

Hoggorm, Feb 25, 2018
  6. bobkn Win User
    It may be wise to use the approach given in post #2. You'd have an image of the original 128GB drive, a good thing.

However, the new WDC drive comes with a limited version of Acronis True Image. (Or, you can download it from wdc.com). I haven't used it, but I assume that it'd let you clone the 128 GB drive to the new 500 GB one, while resizing the Windows partition, all in one go.

bobkn, Feb 25, 2018
  7. Hoggorm Win User
    I think I have a good understanding of what I should do now. I watched this YouTube video that demonstrates the use of Macrium:

How to Clone Windows With Macrium Reflect Free - YouTube

What I do not fully understand is how I extend the volume to use all space available after completion of the clone.

Could you explain how this is done?

Hoggorm, Feb 25, 2018
  8. topgundcp Win User

As mentioned above. Just open Disk Management (Win+X->Disk Management).
    Right click on C drive->Extend Volume

Upgrading my SSD - Do I need to reinstall Windows? [​IMG]

topgundcp, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Upgrading my SSD - Do I need to reinstall Windows? - Similar Threads - Upgrading SSD need

2. Upgrading cpu, motherboard and ram, do i need to reinstall windows?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading cpu, motherboard and ram, do i need to reinstall windows?: Hello i am using i5 3gen with h61 motherboard and i am upgrading with i5 11 gen with new motherboard and ram and im gona use my old ssd so do i need to reintall windows or just driver update gona work...
  3. Upgrading cpu and motherboard, do i need to reinstall windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading cpu and motherboard, do i need to reinstall windows?: Hello guys,so i just ordered a new motherboard and CPU, but a friend of mine said I maybe need to reinstall windows if neededso my question was do I need to reinstall windows and do I need to backup my PC, what do I need to do if I need to reinstall windows?I'm upgrading from...
  4. Upgrading cpu and motherboard, do i need to reinstall windows?

Upgrading cpu and motherboard, do i need to reinstall windows?: Hello guys,so i just ordered a new motherboard and CPU, but a friend of mine said I maybe need to reinstall windows if neededso my question was do I need to reinstall windows and do I need to backup my PC, what do I need to do if I need to reinstall windows?I'm upgrading from...
  5. Upgrading cpu and motherboard, do i need to reinstall windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Do I need to disconnect my battery when upgrading my SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need to disconnect my battery when upgrading my SSD?: Do I need to disconnect my battery when upgrading my SSD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-need-to-disconnect-my-battery-when-upgrading/f84efbe7-145f-469e-9044-92b9561b6998
  7. Do I need to disconnect my battery when upgrading my SSD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do I need to disconnect my battery when upgrading my SSD?: Do I need to disconnect my battery when upgrading my SSD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-need-to-disconnect-my-battery-when-upgrading/f84efbe7-145f-469e-9044-92b9561b6998
  8. ELI5: How do I upgrade to a SSD and reinstall Windows onto it (I do not want to clone my...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ELI5: How do I upgrade to a SSD and reinstall Windows onto it (I do not want to clone my...: Over the last year or so, I've noticed my computer was getting slower and slower. Now it's reached a point where it's almost unusable. It takes over 10 minutes (sometimes up to twenty) to boot up. And when it does, it's slow and sluggish. Opening task manager shows me that...
  9. Do i need to reinstall windows?

Do i need to reinstall windows?: Changing from a faulty motherboard DQ77MK to a P8Z77-V, i have Windows 10 64bit pro, looking for some advice do i need to reinstall windows, also do i need to install any drivers or are the microsoft drivers better? 152695
  10. Do I need to reinstall windows when upgrading my motherboard?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Do I need to reinstall windows when upgrading my motherboard?: Hi, I am soon going to be upgrading my motherboard and cpu. I am going from a z370 chipset to an x570 chipset. I am currently running windows 10 pro. Do i need to reinstall windows? If not, is there any drivers that i need to remove? Some places say that you should reinstall,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. do i need to reinstall everything after ssd

2. do i need to reinstall windows and drivers after upgrading laptop ssd