Windows 10: Upgrading Power Supply in Older HP P6-2133W

Discus and support Upgrading Power Supply in Older HP P6-2133W in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Thinking of upgrading Power supply in older Pre Built HP P6-2133W, if it isn't standard power supply, suppose I can have a local PC shop do the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AMDMan2016, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Upgrading Power Supply in Older HP P6-2133W

Thinking of upgrading Power supply in older Pre Built HP P6-2133W, if it isn't standard power supply, suppose I can have a local PC shop do the upgrade, PC is used for mainly Mom's email, and online shopping/bill paying at times

Machine was bought in 2012, and used heavily when it was previously my machine, and now used less, but she leaves it on with sleep mode pretty often, so thinking will add that to my list of 2018 upgrades this year

:)

AMDMan2016, Jan 6, 2018

2. Windows 10 upgrade sound and video problems

Can't play videos on websites or hear sound (except static and pops when trying to stream). Upgraded from Windows 7 Premium Home Media Edition on HP Pavillion p6-2133w with AMD. Devices troubleshoot no help. Any solutions out there?

REBECCABMILLER, Jan 6, 2018
  3. Jay bahri Win User
    Windows 10 installation "module setup host has stopped working"

getting a module setup host has stopped working, please help.

Desktop: HP pavilion p6 series, model #: hp p6-2171a

running windows 7 Home edition

Jay bahri, Jan 6, 2018
  4. Upgrading Power Supply in Older HP P6-2133W

PolarNettles, Jan 6, 2018
  5. Yeah should replace that supply, though does have LED to alert when it might be going bad, still green at this point, but who knows how long the OEM supply will last in that model, even if I do decide to fully upgrade it early, at least will be preventative maintenance, Main Desktop plan on upgrading supply in eventually for future video card upgrade

AMDMan2016, Jan 6, 2018
  6. Before you buy a power supply for that computer get the measurements. L-W-H of the space the power supply compartment.

Many store bought computers like "HP" will use funny sizes in their power supplies to fit in their towers.
    Sometimes todays aftermarket power supplies will not fit in the allocate space (compartment) for the power supply.

Jack

Layback Bear, Jan 7, 2018
  7. yes gonna look at the measurements of that particular one, when I do next dust clean out that's due sometime soon here, then will get the measurements at the same time, and go from there

AMDMan2016, Jan 7, 2018
  8. bobkn Win User

Upgrading Power Supply in Older HP P6-2133W

Why do you wish to upgrade the PSU? That would typically be done to support a high-powered graphics card, but you make no mention of that. (I doubt that your mother needs a new graphics car for email and online bill paying.)

There is some chance that it could fail, but it might be good for years yet.

If you intend to proceed with the upgrade, HP lists the PSU dimensions as 150mm x 140mm x 86mm (5.9 x 5.5 x 3.4 inches). That seems to be a fairly standard size, although there are much larger ones out there as well.

bobkn, Jan 7, 2018
  9. Yeah well I was thinking of doing it as preventative maintenance, but then again guess not an emergency to upgrade PSU in Mothers Computer, I know for my main desktop gonna upgrade it to support a higher graphics card eventually.

Previously that computer was my old old one and I ran it really hard with gaming, video editing, and usually was on 24 hours, or in sleep mode, she still uses it leaving on most of the time, and sleep mode, as old manual of her old system had in it avoid shutting down unless changing hardware, not sure why that slimline had that in the manual at all, but followed that direction for years, til power supply went in the slimline, hence why she got my old one, and I got a newer one

then upgraded again early this year due to problem changing video card on my AMD FX system, where the Video card was right against the chipset heatsink, so wasn't really much room for 2 slot AMD card, so choose a G11CD-K for my newer system

AMDMan2016, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Upgrading Power Supply in Older HP P6-2133W

1. Upgrading Power Supply in Older HP P6-2133W - Similar Threads - Upgrading Power Supply

2. Power supply

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power supply: Hello. I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio. This is an upgrade from my Microsoft Surface Pro 4. In addition to the power supply that came with the Laptop Studio, am I able to use the power cord that came with Microsoft Surface Pro 4, or perhaps the...
  3. Power supply

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power supply: Hello. I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio. This is an upgrade from my Microsoft Surface Pro 4. In addition to the power supply that came with the Laptop Studio, am I able to use the power cord that came with Microsoft Surface Pro 4, or perhaps the...
  4. Desktop computer HP P6

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Desktop computer HP P6: The computer just shows a message No boot disk has been detected. Nothing works at all. I have a recovery disc but it wont play. I have been in the bios and changed the boot setting....
  5. power supply upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    power supply upgrade: I have a tp01-1016 hp computor with a 180 watt power supply. would like to know what 300+ power supply will work in thiis computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-supply-upgrade/7cd8fe24-033d-4aa4-8b75-7815ce6cf7de
  6. Power Supply Calculator to calculate the Power Supply Wattage

in Windows 10 News
    Power Supply Calculator to calculate the Power Supply Wattage: [ATTACH]When it comes to PC building, one of the most important components is the […] This article Power Supply Calculator to calculate the Power Supply Wattage first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. ATX power supply

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ATX power supply: Hey, I have a ATX powersuply, that making a "tiking" sound i can't lacate what it is. my first though was capacitor. and maybe not. The weird this is it's only sometimes when i power on the computer. any wise ideas? 141087
  8. Concerns Mothers PC--HP P6-2133W

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Concerns Mothers PC--HP P6-2133W: Hi There Concerns on Mothers PC supporting Fall Creators Update of Windows 10, Specs of her system currently are HP P6-2133W, AMD A6 3620 APU, with Radeon 6530D Graphics, get this popup message on startup to update to latest drivers, but isn't any available lol, Supports...
  9. Power supply problem

Power supply problem: Hi, I recently got a new PSU as my other one blew up. However I seem to be having problems with my new one, where my PC will turn on, Windows will be laggy for about 5 minutes and then computer just shuts itself off. I turn the PC back on, and it barley makes it to the...
  10. NEW Power Supply Upgrade Question

NEW Power Supply Upgrade Question: Hi All In order to prepare for future video card upgrade, decided for upcoming birthday to purchase newer power supply for my Asus M52BC_M32BC01 System, Found out Motherboard is M5A97 EVO 2, is there anything I should be aware of before doing the NEW Power supply install,...