Windows 10: Upgrading Problem From Windows 8 to Windows 10

Discus and support Upgrading Problem From Windows 8 to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a laptop with windows 8 I did try to upgrade to windows 10 and it started downloading. It got to 12% and i closed the lid, when i opened... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Zoro, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Zoro Win User

Upgrading Problem From Windows 8 to Windows 10

I have a laptop with windows 8

I did try to upgrade to windows 10 and it started downloading.

It got to 12% and i closed the lid, when i opened the lid it was still at 12%, then after about an hour it was still at 12%

I shut down and again once the computer had loaded up again

When i selected upgrade, it didn't download anything, it just had a spinning loading icon and nothing else and back and next were greyed out.

When i clicked on the close icon it would say "windows is cleaning the files before closing" or something and then get stuck on there?

Windows 8 still seems to work (I think) Although I do get an error when i boot up now about something or other in the corner

:)

2. Skip666 Win User

Word and Excel documents are slow to open in Windows 10

I have the same problem on the computer I upgraded from Windows 7 to Window 10. My other 2 computer were upgraded from Windows 8 to 10 and do not have the problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Skip666, Jul 30, 2015
  3. tj47 Win User
    Problem with upgrade to Windows 10

Old title: windows upgrade

Upgrading from windows 8 to windows 10 I have a legal install. My computer will not complete upgrade to windows 10. I did 4 months ago. I installed a new hard drive and install my windows 8 and then proceeded to install upgrade of windows 10 and the computer
    will not finish. Any advice for this problem.

4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

1. Upgrading Problem From Windows 8 to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Upgrading Problem

2. Problems activating secure boot for Win 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems activating secure boot for Win 11 upgrade: Hi,since the support for Win 10 is ending, I wanted to upgrade my dad's PC from Win 10 to Win 11. I have enabled the TPM chip in BIOS and wanted to do the same for Secure Boot which is required, but couldn't turn off the compatibility mode CSM I believe, turning it off is a...
  3. Problems activating secure boot for Win 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems activating secure boot for Win 11 upgrade: Hi,since the support for Win 10 is ending, I wanted to upgrade my dad's PC from Win 10 to Win 11. I have enabled the TPM chip in BIOS and wanted to do the same for Secure Boot which is required, but couldn't turn off the compatibility mode CSM I believe, turning it off is a...
  4. Problem upgrading Windows 10 Enterprise LSTC build 1809 to Windows 11 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem upgrading Windows 10 Enterprise LSTC build 1809 to Windows 11 Enterprise: HiOne of my friends ran into a problem when she tried to upgrade her Windows 10 Enterprise LSTC build 1809 to Windows 11 EnterpriseAccording to the upgrading tool her CPU, memory and disk space were all ok, but...Her regarding her operating system for the upgrade to windows...
  5. Activation Problems after Upgrading from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation Problems after Upgrading from Windows 10: I bought a new HP PC that came with windows 10. I received a notification that I can upgrade to windows 11 for free, which I did. I have continued to stay updated since then and my PC now runs on Windows 11 Pro version 23H2.I keep getting this error: We can't activate Windows...
  6. Activation Problems after Upgrading from Windows 10

Activation Problems after Upgrading from Windows 10: I bought a new HP PC that came with windows 10. I received a notification that I can upgrade to windows 11 for free, which I did. I have continued to stay updated since then and my PC now runs on Windows 11 Pro version 23H2.I keep getting this error: We can't activate Windows...
  7. We have two Windows PCs and one upgraded to Windows 11 no problem, but the other cannot be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We have two Windows PCs and one upgraded to Windows 11 no problem, but the other cannot be...: We have two Windows-based PCs.Both are only running Windows security no Kaspersky, etc..Both are running the same applications.They were both on Windows 10.We agreed to the free upgrade on both.One of them upgraded to Windows 11 without any trouble.The other refuses to be...
  8. We have two Windows PCs and one upgraded to Windows 11 no problem, but the other cannot be...

We have two Windows PCs and one upgraded to Windows 11 no problem, but the other cannot be...: We have two Windows-based PCs.Both are only running Windows security no Kaspersky, etc..Both are running the same applications.They were both on Windows 10.We agreed to the free upgrade on both.One of them upgraded to Windows 11 without any trouble.The other refuses to be...
  9. Upgrading from Win 11 HSL to Pro using OEM license and Office Home Student problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading from Win 11 HSL to Pro using OEM license and Office Home Student problem: im currently helping a client who just bought a bnib HP Laptop that came bundle with Win 11 HSL & Office 2021 Home Student its still hasnt been setup yet and they were asking to upgrade it into Win 11 Pro using OEM license they already bought the license from internet and...
  10. Upgrading from Win 11 HSL to Pro using OEM license and Office Home Student problem

Upgrading from Win 11 HSL to Pro using OEM license and Office Home Student problem: im currently helping a client who just bought a bnib HP Laptop that came bundle with Win 11 HSL & Office 2021 Home Student its still hasnt been setup yet and they were asking to upgrade it into Win 11 Pro using OEM license they already bought the license from internet and...