Windows 10: upgrading ram question

Discus and support upgrading ram question in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i want to add another 8gb of corsair vengence lpx ram but the only speed they seem to have is 2400mhz when the one i originally had was 2133mhz is this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ablao, Nov 14, 2017.

1. ablao Win User

upgrading ram question

i want to add another 8gb of corsair vengence lpx ram but the only speed they seem to have is 2400mhz when the one i originally had was 2133mhz is this a problem?

:)

ablao, Nov 14, 2017

2. isn't Ram of Lumia 625 upgradable.....???

No, you cannot upgrade the RAM of any device

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Nov 14, 2017
  3. What is the RAM requirement to upgrade to Windows 10 32-bit from Windows 7?

I currently have Windows 7 Home 32bit and want to upgrade to Windows 10. My simple question is, how much RAM can I have with 32 bit Windows 10? Ive heard some say 8GB but some say only 4GB. I only want to upgrade to Win10 if RAM limit is higher than 4GB.

Original title: Windows 10 Upgrade RAM Question

MarcusJensen, Nov 14, 2017
  4. upgrading ram question

Technically, it should work as the memory will downgrade its speed to match. However, for the best performance and compatibility I would advise getting the same speed, capacity, and brand of memory.

Who currently makes your single stick of memory and what is the model number of your motherboard?

Masterchiefxx17, Nov 14, 2017
  5. bobkn Win User
    It ought to work. (It's not guaranteed.)

You may have to manually set the RAM frequency and timings to those that both DIMMs like. Not difficult.

bobkn, Nov 14, 2017
  6. ablao Win User
    i ordered it i took a look at my amazon history and it was the same speed it just doesnt come clocked as that speed its advised as 2400 but when installed its 2100 so i have the exact same model and speed
    let you know how it goes

ablao, Nov 14, 2017
  7. ablao Win User
    worked after changing mobo ram settings to 2133

ablao, Nov 15, 2017
  8. upgrading ram question

Hi,
    Not sure you have to manually change anything beside optimize defaults usually with F5 and F10 to save and exit.

ThrashZone, Nov 15, 2017
  9. ablao Win User
    yeah it would boot so i had to change ram to defalt speeds

ablao, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

upgrading ram question

1. upgrading ram question - Similar Threads - upgrading ram question

2. Ram Disk Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ram Disk Question: I want to start a Ram Disk. I currently have 128GB of ram and my computer only supports 64GB. Am I able to use the other 64GB that my computer can't support for the Ram Disk? Very curious....
  3. Ram Disk Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ram Disk Question: I want to start a Ram Disk. I currently have 128GB of ram and my computer only supports 64GB. Am I able to use the other 64GB that my computer can't support for the Ram Disk? Very curious....
  4. RAM UPGRADING QUESTION

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    RAM UPGRADING QUESTION: i have a HP Notebook -15-be020tu model. which is running with a standard 4gb ram pre installed this is the link to view the details of the laptop : https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05421659#AbT0 or...
  5. RAM question.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RAM question.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jack_ivey1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g7zrn6/ram_question/
  6. Upgrade Ram Question for Asus Tuf FX505DT Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade Ram Question for Asus Tuf FX505DT Laptop: Hey guys I was trying to upgrade ram for my Asus Tuf FX505DT Laptop. I bought a (Samsung 8GB DDR4 2666MHz RAM Memory Module for Laptops (260 Pin SODIMM, 1.2V) M471A1K43CB1) off amazon. I installed it and it still shows only 8gb. It is not picking it up. I was recommended...
  7. Upgrade Ram Question for Asus Tuf FX505DT Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgrade Ram Question for Asus Tuf FX505DT Laptop: Hey guys I was trying to upgrade ram for my Asus Tuf FX505DT Laptop. I bought a (Samsung 8GB DDR4 2666MHz RAM Memory Module for Laptops (260 Pin SODIMM, 1.2V) M471A1K43CB1) off amazon. I installed it and it still shows only 8gb. It is not picking it up. I was recommended...
  8. RAM Sticks Question

RAM Sticks Question: So, I've got an ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo motherboard and I'm currently using Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 mhz PC2 6400 (240 pin) RAM sticks. I want to change the RAM I have and upgrade to 16GB (4 x 4GB sticks) but for some reason all I see is AMD-only RAM. My motherboard has an Intel...
  9. RAM questions

RAM questions: Thank you once again! I will let it be as it is. I don't feel like tinkering in the BIOS any more. Everything is running smooth and fast (for me) right now. I agree. You already have the FSB overclocked, I would not engage with overclocking the memory as well. If you do OC...
  10. Question on RAM

Question on RAM: I have a HP Pavilion G7 1268 us Notebook with 8 GB of RAM and am replacing it with a HP 15-f233wn Notebook. I would like to take 4GB of RAM from the G7 1268 and putting it in the 15-f233. I’m not sure if it will work. Thanks, Frank 70494