Windows 10: Upgrading ram voids warranty? (ASUS)

Discus and support Upgrading ram voids warranty? (ASUS) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an asus A555L core i3, 4gb ram and an nvidia 930m. 4gb of ram is a bit less, so im planning to upgrade it. There is a removable cover, covering... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nitefury, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Nitefury Win User

Upgrading ram voids warranty? (ASUS)

I have an asus A555L core i3, 4gb ram and an nvidia 930m. 4gb of ram is a bit less, so im planning to upgrade it. There is a removable cover, covering the ram slot screwed to the bottom of the laptop. If i add another 4 gb of ram by opening the cover, will my warranty be void. There are no stickers talking about warranty in the back. The screw is covered by a small circular black tape like thing.

:)

Nitefury, Aug 18, 2016

2. windows 10 activation after RAM upgradation.

Hello,

Upgrading your RAM will not void your licence.

If I remember correctly, upgrading a lot of hardware at once (CPU, Motherboard) will ask you to re-enter your licence key, but just a RAM upgrade should be fine.

If you're worried though, you can always export your windows key using this:

ProduKey - Recover lost product key (CD-Key) of Windows/MS-Office/SQL Server

Sam

V0PLASMA0V, Aug 18, 2016
  3. After upgrading PC RAM, waking from sleep resulted in a black screen in Windows 10 - here's my fix

I also have the same problem with the k55a asus when upgrading to 12gb, and I realized that if the intel graphics bios up to 256mb, the problem has been resolved.

Nguyễn Đăng Cẩm, Aug 18, 2016
  4. Upgrading ram voids warranty? (ASUS)

It might, hard to say? You'd have to read the terms of the warranty. It likely says it OK as long as done my a reputable service center. How old is the laptop and when does the warranty run out? I have a K75DE, I opened the cover and swapped out the hard drive for an SSD shortly after I got it. There wasn't any stickers covering my access screws though. My warranty period has expired long ago now though. I didn't lose any sleep over opening mine up when I did it. I just saved the hard drive in case I ever had to get it serviced. I would have just swapped it back in.

alphanumeric, Aug 18, 2016
  5. Mystere Win User
    Every warranty is different, so it's hard to say. However, it appears this is designed to be user serviceable, so it's not likely to void the warranty so long as you do not damage it during the installation.

Mystere, Aug 18, 2016
  6. Nitefury Win User
    There is actually a section in the manual which give details oh how to add ram, but there is no mention if its OK to do it. I'm just worried cuz the retailer i bought my laptop from said there might be warranty issued..

Nitefury, Aug 18, 2016
  7. Kbird Win User
    Likely the Retailer wants you to pay him to swap a ram chip *Smile

However open it and look before you buy new ram , as the specs seem to say there is only one DIMM Slot , so you can't add another 4GB , you need to buy a 8GB Chip and install it....maybe

X555LA | Notebooks | ASUS Global

Kbird, Aug 19, 2016
  8. Nitefury Win User

Thanks a lot for your help!!*Biggrin

Nitefury, Aug 19, 2016
  9. Mystere Win User
    Perhaps the 4GB is on the motherboard, with a single extra DIMM slot.

Mystere, Aug 19, 2016
  10. Kbird Win User
    Could be but that's why I suggested looking before buying as the specs aren't clear.....

Kbird, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Upgrading ram voids warranty? (ASUS) - Similar Threads - Upgrading ram voids

2. Can Installing An Insider Void Lenovo Warranty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Installing An Insider Void Lenovo Warranty: Hi, So I've Been Asking Myself. Does Insider Preview Void Warranty In Lenovo, I Can't Trust Myself Because Google Says It Does. But I Don't Trust Google Either. So Does Insider previews Affect Warranty...
  3. Does Adding Another Account Void Warranty?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Adding Another Account Void Warranty?: Hi, i was wondering. Will my pc void warranty if i add another account or user in windows? my pc is lenovo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-adding-another-account-void-warranty/d33ee2a0-70d7-4e3f-a5be-72283e5b90cd
  4. Can Pirated Windows Void Warranty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Pirated Windows Void Warranty: Hi, So I've Been Wondering If Pirated Windows [For Example: Tiny11] Will Void Warranty or Not, I Have A Lenovo Laptop And I Don't Know If What Will Void It's Warranty...
  5. Can Pirated Windows Void Warranty

Can Pirated Windows Void Warranty: Hi, So I've Been Wondering If Pirated Windows [For Example: Tiny11] Will Void Warranty or Not, I Have A Lenovo Laptop And I Don't Know If What Will Void It's Warranty...
  6. Can Pirated Windows Void Warranty

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. does downgrading with nothing to keep void warranty?

does downgrading with nothing to keep void warranty?: I Wanted To Downgrade My Laptop from 21h2 to 1903 with nothing to keep. But My Laptop Is Still On Warranty. Will it void warranty? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-downgrading-with-nothing-to-keep-void/46ec8d57-66b2-4256-af4d-d05ab56c69d5
  8. Does Upgrading To 21h2 Void Warranty?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Upgrading To 21h2 Void Warranty?: Hi, I Wanted To Upgrade My Windows 10 21h1 To 21h2, But My Laptop Is Still On Warranty, And I Was Scared And Not Brave Enough, Is It Safe To Install Windows 21h2 While It's On Warranty Or It Isn't?...
  9. Does Upgrading To 21h2 Void Warranty?

Does Upgrading To 21h2 Void Warranty?: Hi, I Wanted To Upgrade My Windows 10 21h1 To 21h2, But My Laptop Is Still On Warranty, And I Was Scared And Not Brave Enough, Is It Safe To Install Windows 21h2 While It's On Warranty Or It Isn't?...
  10. Does Upgrading To 21h2 Void Warranty?

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus ram upgrade void warrantyy

2. does upgrading ram voids asus warranty