Windows 10: Upgrading RAM

Discus and support Upgrading RAM in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello again communities,Just a simple questions. I want to upgrade RAM on my laptop. Currently I have 4GB and I want to add more 4GB because it has 1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JohnmegoJohnnior, Sep 16, 2021.

1. Upgrading RAM

Hello again communities,Just a simple questions. I want to upgrade RAM on my laptop. Currently I have 4GB and I want to add more 4GB because it has 1 more slot. So the question is just like upgrading SSD, does upgrading RAM will affect Windows license, do I need to activate it again after installing RAM? Hope for helps :Regards,Johnnior

:)

JohnmegoJohnnior, Sep 16, 2021

2. Video card or RAM need upgrading?

Memtest: no errors after 10 hrs.
    I'm going to perform the Primetest, later on. Get back to you on that.
    I'm going to take it step by step, guys. I need to find the problem with this current computer. I might have to upgrade some components, so that it is still runnable. As for the new one, yes....i will build on it later. I need to find something decent 'gaming experience', all suggestions appreciated. THanks.

itsmeitsme, Sep 16, 2021
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 16, 2021
  4. Upgrading RAM

To RAM or not to RAM...

Hey genesis what hardware have you bought, you might be able to save on the ram and step up the rest of the hardware a little...

Or you could go out on the town as suggested... *Big Grin Upgrading RAM :D

DrunkenMafia, Sep 16, 2021
Thema:

Upgrading RAM

1. Upgrading RAM - Similar Threads - Upgrading RAM

2. RAM Upgrade in my desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAM Upgrade in my desktop: I use gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2PT MB, which have Kingstone 4 GB DUEL CHENNEL CL-9 RAM 1333Mhz . I shall upgrade to extra 4GB or 8 GB RAM, but I confuse that in which frequency Mhz RAM will supported my MB. Please guide me to this.thanks in advance....
  3. RAM Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    RAM Upgrade: HelloI have a Dell Inspiron 3277 AIO series desktop. I would like to increase the RAM from 4 gb to 8 Gb. I do not know much about computers. So please tell me in lamest terms how to do this. I searched on this website and it recommended the Crucial 8GB DDR4-2400 SODIMMCrucial...
  4. How should i upgrade my RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How should i upgrade my RAM: Hi there, my name is Daniel and i dont know if i can ask for help on this topic here but if i can here is my question.I have a laptop with 2 slots of ram with 2gb of RAM with a speed of only 800Mhz and i really want to upgrade bc it was performing quite slow lately. So my...
  5. upgraded MBD CPU and RAM, windows was activated prior, won't activate now.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    upgraded MBD CPU and RAM, windows was activated prior, won't activate now.: I upgraded MBD CPU and RAM.Windows was activated prior, I checked and double checked to have right email.I reinstalled on a new hard drive and now I can't get it to activate.I used the troubleshooter as instructed and chose the computer I had activated prior and said I was...
  6. Ram Upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ram Upgrade: Hi,So i have a old laptop with 2gb ram and intel pentium p6100 processor i cant buy a new pc but i also want windows 10 on my pc so is upgrading 2gb ram to 4gb ram goodplease reply thank youu...
  7. Will windows show a hardware change activation error if I upgrade my ram?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Will windows show a hardware change activation error if I upgrade my ram?: Hi!I am trying to perform a RAM upgrade for my laptop. Will windows show a hardware change activation error if I upgrade my ram? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-windows-show-a-hardware-change-activation/8b1abd1c-333e-4978-8252-32a1536641c1
  8. how to check which ram i have in my laptop for further upgradation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to check which ram i have in my laptop for further upgradation: what happens when 4gb ram increases to 8gblso what brand or speicfication ram or ssd needed for my laptopHP Laptop 15-da0xxxi3 core 7th generationcan ddr3 1600 mhz will work as just i ordered online as said by hp agent or ddr4 is recommended...
  9. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and Kernal Security Error after RAM upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and Kernal Security Error after RAM upgrade: I have a Dell Inspiron 7577 Windows 10 20H2 Build 19042.928 with a single stick of 16GB RAM stock. I recently purchased a 16GBx2 RAM Kit from Crucial (CT2K16G4SFD832A) which per their compatibility tool should be compatible. I attempted to install the new RAM, both sticks...
  10. Upgraded, CPU, MOBO, M.2, RAM, PSU, Now computer is restarting all day

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgraded, CPU, MOBO, M.2, RAM, PSU, Now computer is restarting all day: So I decided to upgrade some hardware. Old stuff has been around for about 2 years. Once everything was done my computer will stay on for maybe 15 minutes at a time. Monitors will go black and the computer restarts. PSU, is brand new The motherboard is brand new CPU is brand...