Windows 10: Upgrading to SSD drive

Discus and support Upgrading to SSD drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; You mean when I'm installing the ssd drive? Thanks. Having looked at all the articles, I think I'll back up files to an external hd, swap out the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by californiabill, Aug 6, 2017.

1. munk1955 Win User

Upgrading to SSD drive

Sounds right to me......This is the way I always do it.

munk1955, Aug 8, 2017

2. Thanks to all of you for your very clear responses and help. You know what I'll be doing at the weekend then *Smile

californiabill, Aug 8, 2017
  3. NavyLCDR New Member
    All of the members where would disagree that "this is not advised so" if the user wants to do the clean install. If the user wants to start fresh, we DO recommend and DO advise they do the clean install. It is also a false statement that "you will to activate it". As long as the same version of Windows 10 (IE: Home or Pro) is re-installed on the same computer (motherboard), Windows 10 will activate itself when it connects to the internet.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Upgrading to SSD drive

1. Upgrading to SSD drive - Similar Threads - Upgrading SSD drive

2. Mystery G: Drive after upgrading SSD!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mystery G: Drive after upgrading SSD!: Hi,After much tribulation, I was able to finally clone my OS over to a bigger, faster SSD.Now, after messing around with Computer Management and Disk Management apps, I've somehow ended up with an additional "G:" drive.It shows up in File Explorer, but NOT in Disk Management....
  3. Mystery G: Drive after upgrading SSD!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mystery G: Drive after upgrading SSD!: Hi,After much tribulation, I was able to finally clone my OS over to a bigger, faster SSD.Now, after messing around with Computer Management and Disk Management apps, I've somehow ended up with an additional "G:" drive.It shows up in File Explorer, but NOT in Disk Management....
  4. Upgrade C Drive 500GB SSD to 1 or 2TB SSD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgrade C Drive 500GB SSD to 1 or 2TB SSD?: If I take my pc into my local pc man and ask him to do the above, can he guarantee crossing over ALL the data on the current drive. There is so much on there I don't want to lose anything and I don't trust restore or suchlike as its never been good to me in the past. Looking...
  5. Upgraded from SSD to M2 drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgraded from SSD to M2 drive: I just Upgraded from SSD to M2 drive on my windows 10 Pro system. I cloned my windows to it. Are there any special settings etc to make the M2 run as fast as they say they can? So far I don't see an improvement. Windows 10 Pro with all the latest updates 32 GB of DDR 5 ram...
  6. Upgrade to SSD

Upgrade to SSD: Hi All. I'm new on here so hello first of all, and I'm hoping you can give me some advice and tips. I have successfully upgraded a few desktop pc's to SSD at work, using Acronis cloning software and haven't come across any issues with them. it is a simple process of...
  7. Upgrading spinning drive with SSD.

Upgrading spinning drive with SSD.: I want to replace really slow 500GB hard drive with 120GB SSD using Windows 7 recovery "system image" process - does the new SSD have to be larger than the 500GB drive?...
  8. Upgrade SSD drive from 128Gb to 256Gb

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgrade SSD drive from 128Gb to 256Gb: I have Windows 10 Home upgraded DEC 2018. This is a HP Omen 17" Laptop I inserted the memory chip into the gum stick slot. Upon turning On, verified that the Bios has seen the change and saved. Now, after, many pains, have restored Windows 10 (via HP Usb boot disk)....
  9. Upgrading Laptop to SSD Hard Drive

Upgrading Laptop to SSD Hard Drive: Last year I bought a windows 10 laptop from a high street store. It has become a bit slow and I want to upgrade its HDD to a solid state one. I want to ideally transfer all my files over too. I will no longer be using the old HDD. So how do I do this? I didn't get any media...
  10. Install after upgrading to SSD drive

Install after upgrading to SSD drive: I have a desktop one with windows 10 and the other with windows 7. I like to install a SSD drive on the window 7 PC and put 7 back on or if i have to install windows 10. Does anyone have any idea what the best way to go about this. I wanted to keep one of my pc with windows 7...