Windows 10: Upgrading to Win10 Pro

Discus and support Upgrading to Win10 Pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have Win 10 Home edition and would like to replace it with Pro and have all my installed apps under Pro. Can I do this and how? Thank you very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JJG10, Jan 6, 2016.

1. JJG10 Win User

Upgrading to Win10 Pro

I have Win 10 Home edition and would like to replace it with Pro and have all my installed apps under Pro. Can I do this and how?

Thank you very much.

:)

JJG10, Jan 6, 2016

2. upgrade from windows 8.1 home to windows 10 professional

WYSIWYG.

Win8.1 Home upgrades to Win10 Home, Win8.1 Pro upgrades to Win10 Pro, etc.

<EDIT> Once you've upgraded from Win8.1 Home to Win10 Home, you can then purchase an upgrade to Win10 Pro.
    </EDIT>

PA Bear - MS MVP, Jan 6, 2016
  3. Win7 Pro (OEM) to Win10

Just tried to use the MS 'Media Creation Tool' to download an .iso of Win10 Pro 64-bit - the only OS offered in the dropdown box is Win10 Home!

Currently running Win7 Pro (OEM) on my last machine to be upgraded. I haven't yet done the automatic 'upgrade' to Win10. Of course, I know I need to do this before doing a clean install with a downloaded .iso. Is this the reason for no choice of the Pro
    version?

If first I do the free upgrade from Win7 Pro (OEM) to Win10...

a) Will the upgraded OS show as Win10 Pro (OEM)?
    and;

b) If I then run the 'Media Creation Tool', will I then be offered a choice of Win10 Home or Win10 Pro in the drop-down?

It was always my understanding that Win7 Pro (OEM) was entitled to a free upgrade to Win10 Pro (OEM)...

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Henry

HenryHonda, Jan 6, 2016
  4. stormy13 Win User
Thema:

Upgrading to Win10 Pro

1. Upgrading to Win10 Pro - Similar Threads - Upgrading Win10 Pro

2. Win10 Pro to Win11 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 Pro to Win11 Upgrade: I have a new computer with win11 Home installed, can I use my win10 Pro license to change to Pro on the new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-pro-to-win11-upgrade/64ba0dcc-1e71-48fb-a05e-c56cc42647fb
  3. Win10 Pro to Win11 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Pro to Win11 Upgrade: I have a new computer with win11 Home installed, can I use my win10 Pro license to change to Pro on the new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-pro-to-win11-upgrade/64ba0dcc-1e71-48fb-a05e-c56cc42647fb
  4. win10 pro upgrade from win10 home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win10 pro upgrade from win10 home: I'm upgrading my home edition to pro which I have done before with other win10 home pc's, don't need or want the hassle of a new install. I got a win10 pro, its the full pkg, with an install cd. first I did the change key with the generic win 10 pro key, reboot, and then...
  5. Upgrade from Win10 Home to Win10 Pro

Upgrade from Win10 Home to Win10 Pro: I just completed an upgrade from Win10 Home to Pro. I paid $99 to do this.Everything seemed to be going well, but right at the end, the upgrade terminated giving me an error 0X80070005. My PC was "frozen," so I rebooted.On the reboot, the system went through several rounds of...
  6. Upgrade rom Win10 home to Win10 pro

Upgrade rom Win10 home to Win10 pro: Hi all, Does all apps remaining on the upgraded computer when doing the upgrade? It's very important because I use software that needs machine codes in cloud to use. Otherwise I have to ask new machine codes to my software vendors. It would be great that these apps still...
  7. Upgrade win10 home to win10 pro

Upgrade win10 home to win10 pro: I'm trying to upgrade my win10 home to pro but I'm stuck. The steps taken are below: 1. I disconnected my internet-connection. 2. I went to systems->"Update&Security" -> Activation -> "Change Product Key" 3. I entered the generic key "VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T" and the...
  8. Upgrade to Win10 pro

Upgrade to Win10 pro: My PC originally had Win7 premium installed and I have the original product key. It has had several auto upgrades and is now running Win19 Home and has a different key. How can I use the original key to get Win10 pro without extra charge?...
  9. Upgrade Win10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade Win10 Home to Win10 Pro: Recently I have replaced my Win 8.1 Home edition with a Win 10 Home edition. (64-bit) Now I would like to upgrade Win10 Home to a Win10 Pro Edition. How do I do that and what will it cost me? 31154
  10. Win10 upgrade and a retail purchase of Win10 Pro- not the same.

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 upgrade and a retail purchase of Win10 Pro- not the same.: MAJOR EDIT 2015-08-02 I am grateful for the folks that have posted here to correct my outdated views of how Win10 is activated and stored. My age is showing and what used to be the way I remembered how MS protected its OS from being misused and how it can remember that my...