Windows 10: Upgrading to Windows 10, About Login Data

Discus and support Upgrading to Windows 10, About Login Data in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, The Windows 10 upgrade app tells me that Windows 10 has arrived on my PC, I just have 1 question away from upgrading : Will I lose login data... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cliffflip, Nov 22, 2015.

1. cliffflip Win User

Upgrading to Windows 10, About Login Data

Hi,
    The Windows 10 upgrade app tells me that Windows 10 has arrived on my PC, I just have 1 question away from upgrading : Will I lose login data (cookies) on browser app (especially Chrome & Firefox) and other app (Steam and Origin for example) or those login data keeps intact after upgrading to Windows 10?
    I currently logged in on few dozens sites and it's kinda a hard work if I have to relogin on those sites.
    Thanks in advance.

:)

cliffflip, Nov 22, 2015

2. Upgrading to Windows 10, About Login Data

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer.

Yes, upgrading from Windows 7 or a later version will preserve your personal files (documents, music, pictures, videos, downloads, favorites, emails, contacts etc, applications (ie. Microsoft Office, Adobe applications etc), games and settings (ie. passwords,
    custom dictionary, application settings).

You can follow the below link to know more about Windows 10.

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

Hope this information is helpful. Please post in case you have any further issues, I will be glad to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Nov 22, 2015
  3. cliffflip Win User

Hi,

The Windows 10 upgrade app tells me that Windows 10 has arrived on my PC, I just have 1 question away from upgrading : Will I lose login data (cookies) on browser app (especially Chrome & Firefox) and other app (Steam and Origin for example) or those login
    data keeps intact after upgrading to Windows 10?

I currently logged in on few dozens sites and it's kinda a hard work if I have to relogin on those sites.

Thanks in advance.

cliffflip, Nov 22, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Install the add-on Password Exporter, then you can export your passwords to a CSV file and restore them after the upgrade.

I am not sure if your cookies and logins carry over with Firefox and Chrome or not, though.

NavyLCDR, Nov 22, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
    They did for me with Firefox and Seamonkey. I don't use Chrome.

Ztruker, Nov 22, 2015
  6. cliffflip Win User
    Thanks for both replies *Smile

I'm sorry but they did what? all your login data is still there or they gone?

cliffflip, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Upgrading to Windows 10, About Login Data - Similar Threads - Upgrading Login Data

2. Question about old login after Windows Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about old login after Windows Upgrade: I just upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I installed Windows 11 onto a new SSD. I have the files and access to the old drive where the old Windows 10 is stored. I can no longer boot that old drive with Windows 10, though. I forget the old email I used to sign in to...
  3. Question about old login after Windows Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about old login after Windows Upgrade: I just upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I installed Windows 11 onto a new SSD. I have the files and access to the old drive where the old Windows 10 is stored. I can no longer boot that old drive with Windows 10, though. I forget the old email I used to sign in to...
  4. About windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About windows upgrade: My device fulfils the minimum requirement of Windows11.It wants to be updated. How could I update it and will it cost? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-windows-upgrade/5068c6f7-2227-421d-8a93-273bb133797e
  5. About windows 10 high data consumption

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    About windows 10 high data consumption: I have a windows 10 pc. Whenever I connect it to mobile hotspot it consumes too much data.It consumed 1 GB data in 2 minutes.when I checked the data usage, all apps were fine except system. System consumed 700 mb data in 2 minutes. I have turned off all auto updates and have...
  6. About windows 10 upgrading.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    About windows 10 upgrading.: I currently have windows 10 pro on my old PC I ordered a computer that windows 10 home on my new one. Question is since I already have 10 pro, on my other computer. If I log in into my new one using my email will it allow me to get windows 10 pro, on my new pc or I’ll just...
  7. small question about data when upgrading to windows 10 from 7

in Windows 10 Support
    small question about data when upgrading to windows 10 from 7: If I install windows 10 on the same drive I have windows 7 on, replacing it, will stuff like my documents folder, appdata folders, and everything on my desktop move directly over and be in the same place as they were before? This is really important because alot of programs...
  8. Windows 10 upgrade, lost data

Windows 10 upgrade, lost data: I just lost photos and other important data while downloading the windows 10 update to my external hard drive. I now see on the web that for years others have had this problem. What can I do, and why did you delete my data without warning me? Have you been sued for this yet?...
  9. Questions about upgrading to windows 10

Questions about upgrading to windows 10: Hello. I have recently heard about the windows 10 free upgrade for win7 and 8.1 genuine users. I have a few questions about that upgrade. 1. I don't have any version of windows installed on my computer, so, if I want to get the new windows 10 when it comes out, is there...
  10. Concerns about upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Concerns about upgrading to Windows 10: I 'm considering the Windows 10 upgrade on my Dell Latitude E6410 laptop with Windows 7 Pro and 4 GB ram , but I'm concerned about several issues including whether the laptop is even compatible with W10. I'm on a data cap plan with my isp so W10 update sizes are also a...