Windows 10: UPGRADING TO WINDOWS 10 AND NOT BEING ABLE TO UPDATE

Discus and support UPGRADING TO WINDOWS 10 AND NOT BEING ABLE TO UPDATE in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ok, I was fortunate enough to be in the right place at the right time and was near a trash compactor when some Korean guy came by and was going to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RAnnCline, Jul 7, 2018.

1. RAnnCline Win User

UPGRADING TO WINDOWS 10 AND NOT BEING ABLE TO UPDATE

Ok, I was fortunate enough to be in the right place at the right time and was near a trash compactor when some Korean guy came by and was going to throw away a LG XNOTE MODEL DMLGR58(B). I seized the moment and told him I would take it off his hands and out of the trash.. He gave it to me with the cord and it all worked.. It has taken me three months (due to no internet) to just change the language over to English so I could understand anything on it. He obviously had gotten a virus or something on it cuz it had issues so i decided to try to do a complete wipe and restore from factory type of restore.. Took absolutely forever to complete, and went thru the setup stuff, everything seemed normal.. i know better than to even try to go online till i get all the updates and virus protection thru microsoft so i went and started to do the updates and it is refusing to do any of them. it has an error code 0x80070005. so i tried to open a troubleshooter and that wouldnt open either.. i already have been working on this computer for a while now and id hate to give up.. i think it has something to do with permissions but i also changed it over to a local account and still nothing.. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP..

:)

RAnnCline, Jul 7, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 7, 2018
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Jul 7, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jul 7, 2018
Thema:

1. UPGRADING TO WINDOWS 10 AND NOT BEING ABLE TO UPDATE - Similar Threads - UPGRADING BEING ABLE

2. not being able to dowload or update apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    not being able to dowload or update apps: when pressing the update button or download button it will say its "downloading" it will then stop and say "something has happened on our end" this has been showing up for at least 2 months i have updated multiple times and troubleshooted so many times but it wont change...
  3. not being able to dowload or update apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not being able to dowload or update apps: when pressing the update button or download button it will say its "downloading" it will then stop and say "something has happened on our end" this has been showing up for at least 2 months i have updated multiple times and troubleshooted so many times but it wont change...
  4. not being able to dowload or update apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 stopped being able to launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 stopped being able to launch: Short version Every time I boot my pc I get the message "Automatic repair could'nt repair your pc". I tried the following options without success:Troubleshoot -> reset this pc -> keep my filesTroubleshoot -> reset this pc -> Remove everythingTroubleshoot -> advanced options...
  6. Windows 10 stopped being able to launch

Windows 10 stopped being able to launch: Short version Every time I boot my pc I get the message "Automatic repair could'nt repair your pc". I tried the following options without success:Troubleshoot -> reset this pc -> keep my filesTroubleshoot -> reset this pc -> Remove everythingTroubleshoot -> advanced options...
  7. Windows 10 stopped being able to launch

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Not being able to update windows

Not being able to update windows: hey guys can u help me with the windows update problem. i am having an issue where the windows update tab in the setting doesnot shows anything rather than a white screen. the white screen symbolizes as something is loading but even after 3-4 hrs of waiting its the same. and...
  9. Not being able to update Windows 10 apps

Not being able to update Windows 10 apps: Hello, I checked my Microsoft Store this morning and I had 43 awaiting downloads. I tried to download them all but they just keep on saying "Downloading." I got version 1809 yesterday after it not downloading for over 4 months of release. I then checked the store. Yesterday...
  10. Windows 10 Automatic Updates && Not being able to disable them permanently

Windows 10 Automatic Updates && Not being able to disable them permanently: Hi Microsoft, Lets get one thing straight. ***I*** own my computer and ****I**** decide what it does or does not do. I am beyond sick of having your fingers in my operating system telling me I *HAVE* to update windows. I've seen many people write similar posts about this...