Windows 10: Upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 with corrupted OS files

Discus and support Upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 with corrupted OS files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all! I'm new here so please forgive me if I've posted in the wrong location! My current OS is Windows 7. I've recently encountered some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Cifee, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Cifee Win User

Upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 with corrupted OS files

Hi all!

I'm new here so please forgive me if I've posted in the wrong location!

My current OS is Windows 7. I've recently encountered some slowness and other symptoms of corrupted OS files. After running sfc, there are indeed many corrupted files (running sfc 10 times still has more to go).

My question is if I install to Windows 10, will my Windows 7 files be removed and replaced by Windows 10? Therefore eliminating my corruption issue? I want to upgrade to 10 regardless, but just curious if it deletes 7 and replaces or if some files will remain. Not the most OS savvy so any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

:)

Cifee, Jul 17, 2015

2. reinstalling windows 10

I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 through Free upgrade. After few days the setup got corrupted and showing error txtsetup.sif file is missing or corrupted status 14. How can i get back to windows 10.?

AKSHAYDIXIT88, Jul 17, 2015
  3. Windows 10

I have upgraded to windows 10 pro from a 7 pro upgrade. The original computer was vista business. When I upgrade to windows 10 the product key gives me an invalid product key. I type in the windows 7 pro key (upgrade version) and it will not accept
    it. Revert to windows 7 pro and everything is fine. Fix corrupt files from restoring windows 7, upgrade to 10 pro and no activation. Can you upgrade from windows 7 pro upgrade to windows 10 pro, or do you leave it at windows pro 7?

Stephen Smalley, Jul 17, 2015
  4. hawkman Win User

Simple answer is YES.

Its a complete OS in its own right and does not transfer any current OS files/folders or data
    SO DONT FORGET to back up any personal data, to external media.

Roy

hawkman, Jul 17, 2015
Thema:

1. Upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 with corrupted OS files - Similar Threads - Upgrading corrupted files

2. Upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 ?: I want to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I know it is too late for free upgrade. How do I do this ? Where do I purchase ? Is there certain requirements ?...
  3. Corrupted Windows 7 unable to upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Corrupted Windows 7 unable to upgrade to Windows 10: It's 3 AM as of posting this and I am asking this question because I can't stop thinking about it. My Windows 7 has been corrupted so much that I am unable to install basic applications and games and even AMD drivers to make my PC perform better. My theory is that...
  4. upgraded from Windows 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    upgraded from Windows 7 to 10: Just upgraded today and I'm amazed at how slow the startup is.. Did some research and saw advice to run 'crapifier.exe' But when I try to run it I just get "application error". Also my searches 'decrapifier Application Error' gets no results. Seems odd. Can anyone suggest a...
  5. upgrade from windows 7 to 10

upgrade from windows 7 to 10: I purchased microsoft Windows 10 and I have Windows 7 installed on my PC. I have been unsuccessful in installing it. It keeps telling me to delete Windows Media Player and I have been unable to do that. My question is do I have to uninstall windows 7 to install windows 10,...
  6. Upgrading From Windows 7 to 10

Upgrading From Windows 7 to 10: I am wondering if the media creation tool is the easiest way to upgrading from windows 7 to 10 remotely? Is there an easy way to mass upgrade everyone on the network without them losing data? Is MDT easier? If using MCT do you have to baby it in an admin account so the user...
  7. Upgrade from windows 7 to 10

Upgrade from windows 7 to 10: Will I have to reinstall all my other programs if I upgrade? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-windows-7-to-10/8e7e80e5-f177-4523-b8d9-179fbda9b52f
  8. Upgrade from windows 7 to Windows 10 OS through Automation

Upgrade from windows 7 to Windows 10 OS through Automation: I'm working on Windows 7 OS and my client is asking us to upgrade to windows 10 OS as we are having 40 computers can some one suggest automation to upgrade the OS. My computers are on Amazon web services....
  9. Windows 10 Upgrade for corrupt Windows 7

Windows 10 Upgrade for corrupt Windows 7: I have an HP desktop I believe the hard drive is failing. It will not boot, I get all kinds of startup errors. I tried a bunch of things (chk dsk let it run forever etc) to fix that no success. I was able to backup the drive. Windows 10 had been downloaded but not...
  10. If I upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7,would windows 7 be a 2nd os?

in Windows 10 Support
    If I upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7,would windows 7 be a 2nd os?: I'm asking this because this problem occurred once on my PC and it was VERY laggy, and I needed to uninstall one of them wich was very hard. And if anyone can respond to this thanks! 59931