Windows 10: upgrading to windows 10 home to windows 10 pro with digital licence

Discus and support upgrading to windows 10 home to windows 10 pro with digital licence in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hey hi, i have purchased a acer nitro 5 laptop from us which has a pre installed windows 10 home operating system i have done a fresh clean install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jaya krishnagelli, Aug 12, 2018.

1. upgrading to windows 10 home to windows 10 pro with digital licence

hey hi,

i have purchased a acer nitro 5 laptop from us which has a pre installed windows 10 home operating system

i have done a fresh clean install of windows again ,and got back my licence from digital license

and my question is

can i upgrade to windows 10 pro with sme digital licence on my laptop

:)

jaya krishnagelli, Aug 12, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 12, 2018
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Aug 12, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

upgrading to windows 10 home to windows 10 pro with digital licence

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

upgrading to windows 10 home to windows 10 pro with digital licence

1. upgrading to windows 10 home to windows 10 pro with digital licence - Similar Threads - upgrading home pro

2. Windows 10 Digital Licence

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Digital Licence: Hiiii, I have one question for you. I have a computer with a digital license that comes with the computer and my question is how can I delete that license and activate another one that the company ordered....
  3. Windows 10 Digital Licence

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Digital Licence: Hiiii, I have one question for you. I have a computer with a digital license that comes with the computer and my question is how can I delete that license and activate another one that the company ordered....
  4. Buying Upgrade Licences - Windows 10 home to Pro

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Buying Upgrade Licences - Windows 10 home to Pro: Hey all... I've 15 new Laptops with Windows 10 Home. I want to upgrade them to Windows 10 Pro (small office environment.. I need Bitlocker). I can do it (buy) via the Activation upgrade option, but it wants to link to a Microsoft account. How can I get official genuine...
  5. Upgrading from windows 10 home to pro with an old digital licence.

Upgrading from windows 10 home to pro with an old digital licence.: I recently bought a laptop that has windows 10 home pre installed and activated. Some years ago i had a desktop, with windows 10 pro with a digital licence. How can't I upgrade from home to pro? I don't remember what I did with my account, but i did link my Microsoft...
  6. Windows 10 Pro purchased but reinstalls only home. No licence key or digital licence.

Windows 10 Pro purchased but reinstalls only home. No licence key or digital licence.: I bought Windows 10 Pro 2 years ago and at the time on that computer it worked as an in-situ upgrade without issues. Ive since had to change computers and reinstall and it doesn't seem to exist any more. The windows install is the OEM supplied Win10 home. When i attempt...
  7. Windows 10 Pro Digital Licence Enquiry

Windows 10 Pro Digital Licence Enquiry: Recently I've started to upgrade my office's PCs & laptops OS from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. I've used the Windows 7 Pro OEM product key that comes with the PC or laptop to activate the Windows 10 Pro installed & the activation was successful :- Activation...
  8. Windows 10 pro insalled but have digital licence of Windows 10 home Single Language.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 pro insalled but have digital licence of Windows 10 home Single Language.: I have somehow upgraded to Windows 10 pro But I want my Windows 10 Home Single Language Back. Can you plz help me how to downgrade back to Windows 10 Home Single Language I can reinstall windows or do anything but plz help me with it. Thanks, Hrehan Mishra...
  9. Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro upgrade Volume licence

Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro upgrade Volume licence: I have a school that has purchased a laptop with Windows 10 Home Edition activated by a Digital Licence. They wish to upgrade the laptop to Windows 10 Pro and have a valid Volume Licence MAK Key but the laptop will not accept it as valid. I have re-installed the OS from...
  10. upgrading windows with digital licence

upgrading windows with digital licence: I recently got a new computer. I have a digital licence for windows 10 pro on my old computer. I want to use that licence on my new computer however I have windows 10 home installed (and not activated) on the new computer. So when trying to activate my digital licence on this...