Windows 10: Upgrading today, few questions before I do so

Discus and support Upgrading today, few questions before I do so in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Right now I have Win7 Ultimate 64-bit. Last time I tried to upgrade to Win10 it couldn't verify my license key, and I kinda figured its due to how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DeBAUS, Feb 1, 2016.

1. DeBAUS Win User

Upgrading today, few questions before I do so

Right now I have Win7 Ultimate 64-bit.
    Last time I tried to upgrade to Win10 it couldn't verify my license key, and I kinda figured its due to how legit my key is. I may or may not have bought it and it may or may not be from "the bay".
    Anyway, my plan is to buy a Win7 pro key and use it for Windows 10 update. Is it possible to upgrade windows 7 ultimate to windows 10 pro? Should I downgrade my Windows 7 to Pro to match the Windows 10 version I'll have the key for?

:)

DeBAUS, Feb 1, 2016
  2. grschinon Win User

a few basic questions before I buy 5800 express

Windows Mail IS Outlook Express (with a different name).

grschinon, Feb 1, 2016
  3. a few basic questions before I buy 5800 express

a. It would depend if the format is compatible. You can use the included Ovi Suite though to convert your contacts and sync them into the phone.

b. Yes, but it would cost you still as per network charges regarding data, which may be expensive. Also if you turn off A-GPS, I believe that it would be free, however you may have to wait for forever to get a fix, as mobile phones have pretty small GPS
    antennae and may have difficulties getting and maintaining fixes in certain places.

c. I bought mine last June and no issues so far. Most issues have been with earlier batches. As a rule, I advice not to buy a symbian phone until at least 6 months after release due to both hardware and software issues. Its not just Nokia symbian phones.
    This includes those made by samsung and the most recent SE satio which has firmware issues as well from what I gather. Its a symbian thing.

chanchan05, Feb 1, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

davidhk, Feb 1, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Upgrading today, few questions before I do so - Similar Threads - Upgrading today few

2. Questions before upgrading to Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Questions before upgrading to Windows 11.: Good morning,I'm considering upgrading to Windows 11, but I had a few clarifying questions first:- Is Microsoft still following the horrible business practice of putting ads into the operating system?- Is Microsoft still following the horrible business practice of forcing...
  3. Questions before upgrading to Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Questions before upgrading to Windows 11.: Good morning,I'm considering upgrading to Windows 11, but I had a few clarifying questions first:- Is Microsoft still following the horrible business practice of putting ads into the operating system?- Is Microsoft still following the horrible business practice of forcing...
  4. Networking with ICS (question before I do)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networking with ICS (question before I do): I have a network drawn out like this. The problem is 'tablet' has no internet. Tablet can connect to wireless on the router and then access the network pcs by IP. But the tablet is on android, and can't be configured like windows. How can I get a connection like WAN/INTERNET...
  5. Question before upgrading

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Question before upgrading: On a spare hard drive I have, I Installed 7 Pro 64Bit w/SP1. How, if possible, do I upgrade to 10 w/o having to download all the Telemetry KB updates? 57376
  6. RAID 1 question before upgrading

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAID 1 question before upgrading: Hi folks, I'm a W7 Pro user, and I'm finally thinking to get the update to W10. Question: at the moment I've a RAID 1 set up; will it still be available after the update and/or after I do a clean install of W10? Thank you 33551
  7. A few good advices before and after upgrade!

in Windows 10 Support
    A few good advices before and after upgrade!: A few good advices before upgrading: Uninstall your current antivirus, as it can cause you to start with black screen just after you have upgraded. Uninstall all programs you don’t need, and If your on a Thinkpad then uninstall all Lenovo software but make a list of it first...
  8. A few questions for decision to upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A few questions for decision to upgrade: Currently, Win7 Pro on new laptop- I purchased a refurbished Lenovo T530 (replacing a limping 6-7 year old T61), 256GB SSD, 8GB RAM built 2012, Nvidia card, 15.6" FHD (1920x1080) NO TOUCH, Intel Core i5 3320M (2.60GHz). The machine config I wanted is not being produced yet...
  9. Upgrading to 10 soon, few questions

Upgrading to 10 soon, few questions: I'll be upgrading to Windows 10, from 8.1, tomorrow. But before I do it i'll backup everything I can to avoid losing anything important, and ask a few questions to you gusy who understand the matter way better than me: .I'm planning on using a bootable USB to perform a...
  10. A few upgrade questions

A few upgrade questions: I will be upgrading from 64-bit W8.1 Pro to 64-bit W10 Pro in the near future. A few questions:- 1) I run 64-bit W8.1 Pro on a ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe motherboard. I dont have a graphics nor sound card since I use the on-board graphics and audio functions on the board....