Windows 10: Upgrading Video Card But Not Monitors

Discus and support Upgrading Video Card But Not Monitors in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have the money to get a nVidia GTX 1060 6Gb card, but not the money to get new monitors. I'm looking for a recommendation as to how to connect the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Arelem, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Arelem Win User

Upgrading Video Card But Not Monitors

I have the money to get a nVidia GTX 1060 6Gb card, but not the money to get new monitors.

I'm looking for a recommendation as to how to connect the monitors. The both have a VGA and DVI-D ports. The cards are usually 1 HDMI, 1 DVI and 3 DisplayPort.

The choices I see are:

Connecting 1 monitor from the DVI-D to DVI and connecting the other from DVI-D to the HDMI with an adapter.

Other choice would be connect both monitors DVI-D to DisplayPort via an adapter.

Any ideas, opinions or educated guesses?

:)

Arelem, Sep 18, 2017

2. Windows 10 is not detecting my second monitor after the upgrade.Monitor display is there on boot up, and is listed in device manager, but is not detected when setting up displays.

Windows 10 is not detecting my second monitor after the upgrade. Radeon 4800 video card. Monitor display is there on boot up, and is listed in device manager, but is not detected when setting up displays.

Changing the title

Old title – Dual monitor issue.

New title – Windows 10 is not detecting my second monitor after the upgrade. Radeon 4800 video card. Monitor display is there on boot up, and is listed in device manager, but is not detected when
    setting up displays.

TaylorFeltner, Sep 18, 2017
  3. rpbowes Win User
    Monitor flickers after windows 10 upgrade

Original Title: windows 10 upgrade problem with monitor

I have a HP Pavilion Elite HPE-210f PC with a ATI Radeon HD 5450 video card. After upgrading to Windows 10 the monitor flickers continually. I have the latest driver for the video card. I couldn't find out if the card is compatible with Windows 10. Anyone
    have any advice?

rpbowes, Sep 18, 2017
  4. CountMike New Member

DVI-D has only digital signal so it's able to connect to HDMI and DP without any active components so any simple adapter or cable with appropriate connectors would do. I use all 3 to connect to my 3 monitors of which only one is HDMI.

CountMike, Sep 21, 2017
Thema:

1. Upgrading Video Card But Not Monitors - Similar Threads - Upgrading Video Card

2. can i upgrade my video card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i upgrade my video card: i have attached the full file of didiag below____________________________________________------------------System Information------------------Time of this report: 7/11/2022, 18:15:27 Machine name: *insert pc name* Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit 6.1, Build 7601...
  3. can i upgrade my video card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can i upgrade my video card: i have attached the full file of didiag below____________________________________________------------------System Information------------------Time of this report: 7/11/2022, 18:15:27 Machine name: *insert pc name* Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit 6.1, Build 7601...
  4. Video Card Upgrade Advice Needed

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Video Card Upgrade Advice Needed: I'm looking to upgrade my Video Card from my current GTX 960 for use with a new 43" 4k TV that I am using as a monitor at 1440p. Full 4k makes everything way to small for my old eyes to see. What I need advice on, since it's obviously been awhile since I've purchased a new...
  5. Video Card Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Video Card Upgrade: can I upgrade video card on HP Pavillion P6 2103wb? HP specs page says "Integrated video is not available if a graphics card is installed" and "Either integrated graphics or the PCI Express x16 slot are usable at one time; they are not usable concurrently". does that mean i...
  6. Future Video card upgrade options

Future Video card upgrade options: Hi All Asus M32BC-01 AMD FX 8310 8 Core Processor 8gb of ram currently Radeon R7 240 Video card Thinking of getting some R9 video card in the future, I know i'll have to upgrade the power supply first though, as this 300 watt power supply won't cut it, Is it...
  7. Second Monitor on a R7 240 Video Card

Second Monitor on a R7 240 Video Card: Hi All If I was to invest in a Second Monitor, would it work ok with current graphics card I have, AMD Radeon R7 240, or should I wait on adding a second monitor til I get my Rx 470 or 570 graphics card in the way future (money wise not gonna have enough for a while on...
  8. New Video card monitor won't turn off.

New Video card monitor won't turn off.: I bough a Zotac 750 Ti 2GB and I have my monitor temporarily connected via VGA via the included DVI to VGA adapter (until I get a MiniHDMI to HDMI adapter) Whenever Windowstries to turn off the monitor, the monitor instead says "cable is disconnected" indefinitely. I have...
  9. Video card, monitor or Windows 10 at fault?

Video card, monitor or Windows 10 at fault?: I have a GTX1050 video card, LG 27" 4K monitor at 3840x2160 (scaling 175%) and am running Windows 10 CU. If I switch the monitor on NLT a few seconds after the boot beep, everything is fine when Windows opens and I see the desktop. But if I wait longer to switch it on, icons...
  10. Video Card Upgrade

Video Card Upgrade: I have an PNY Nvidia GT240 in my Windows 10 machine. A friend of mine has a 550 Ti for sale. Outside of more memory ,512 vs 1 Gb, and speed, is there any new features available with the Nvidia 550 Ti over the GT240? 36399