Windows 10: Upgrading Windows 10 after installing software to stop upgrades.

Discus and support Upgrading Windows 10 after installing software to stop upgrades. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A friend called in just as I was having Windows 10 problems. He advised me to stop getting uploads as they cause too many problems. I was sure I should... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Comprad, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Comprad Win User

Upgrading Windows 10 after installing software to stop upgrades.

A friend called in just as I was having Windows 10 problems. He advised me to stop getting uploads as they cause too many problems. I was sure I should do it, but he told I could revert back to getting upgrades if I wished. I wanted to install a new game which needed the latest version of Windows 10 so I told the software to allow this and to remove itself from my system. It went through the motions, but now I can't use Microsoft Mail, I can't get into the store and Windows didn't do any upgrades.

Is there some way to fix this problem please.? It's the last time I'll let anyone play with my computer. Although I must admit I had a good run with no updates Upgrading Windows 10 after installing software to stop upgrades. :)

:)

Comprad, Jul 20, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 20, 2018
  3. Windows 10 upgrade rant..

The free space shouldn't prevent you from upgrading to built 1607. I manually upgraded my own laptop which had only 9gigs free space left on the system drive.

I unzipped the Windows 10 Pro anniversary edition ISO on my D drive, and started the upgrade process from there. At one point the installer complained about not having enough free space on the main drive, i just had to point it to the D drive to proceed to the next step. Now the rollback installation is stored there and doesn't clog up the C drive anymore.

In your case you could insert a large sdcard to act as the required rollback drive, i'm pretty sure it would do the trick.

Oh and by the way, if you want to further compress your System files:
    • do a search Command Prompt, right-click it, and select Run as administrator.
    • Type COMPACT.EXE /CompactOS:always and hit Enter.
    You'll will gain anything from 2 to 4 gigs free space after it's done.

blobster21, Jul 20, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jul 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Upgrading Windows 10 after installing software to stop upgrades. - Similar Threads - Upgrading installing software

2. Upgrading software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading software: Hello, I want to upgrade my windows 10 to anniversary edition will my files be deleted ? and how to backup files ? and i don,t have any hardware for backing up files or software plzzzz help...
  3. Software upgrade

Software upgrade: Currently I'm running on windows 10 pro 1803 version. If i want to upgrade it to 1903, how much data it takes ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/software-upgrade/1ee131f8-258e-4552-ba2c-bc73a3dc36aa
  4. Software upgrade to 1903

Software upgrade to 1903: My windows 10 pro is currently running on 1803. How much data and space i need to directly upgrade to 1903 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/software-upgrade-to-1903/72e539e5-1cc3-49b0-a974-c00c70726450
  5. The installed microphone stopped working after the Windows 10 upgrade

in Cortana
    The installed microphone stopped working after the Windows 10 upgrade: After Windows 10 upgrade, the microphone stopped working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-installed-microphone-stopped-working-after-the/28c90aed-13e7-46df-b6b0-9630eba97052"
  6. Networking stopped after upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networking stopped after upgrade: I set up a network so that I could share files between my computers. However, I had an automatic upgrade today and after it had finished I could no longer see my main computer on my other computer, it had disappeared completely and therefore I am no longer able to share...
  7. Stop Windows 10 upgrades

Stop Windows 10 upgrades: I am running Windows 10, version 1709 and received a update to 1803 and I installed it - big mistake, it killed apps and other things that I want so I rolled back to 1709; the next thing I see is an update to 1803. How to I put a stop to an accidental install of any further...
  8. Upgraded to Windows 10 software question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgraded to Windows 10 software question: Hi all I hope someone can please explain for me please. There is probably a simple answer but I am confused. I recently upgraded one of my laptops to Windows 10. On this laptop is an accounting bit of software that should not be able to run on Windows 10. All the info I...
  9. Keeping OS installation and software after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keeping OS installation and software after hardware upgrade: My PC's motherboard and processor were bought in 2010. I currently have an i3 processor. I am planning to upgrade to i7 with a new motherboard. Is there a way that I don't have to reinstall windows and software after hardware upgrade? I am currently running Windows 10-64 bit...
  10. Fresh install of windows 10 after upgrading?

in Windows 10 Support
    Fresh install of windows 10 after upgrading?: So I have upgraded from W7 to W10. But there is all kinds of annoying bugs and problems that my friend who did a fresh install doesn't have. So I want to just re-install a fresh W10 rather this upgraded version from W7. How can i do this now that I already upgraded? 20799