Windows 10: Upgrading Windows 10 inactive

Discus and support Upgrading Windows 10 inactive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I'm trying to upgrade to win10 from a fresh install of windows 7. All I have installed are the Ethernet drivers. It's been about 30 minutes or so at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bluechill911, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Upgrading Windows 10 inactive

So I'm trying to upgrade to win10 from a fresh install of windows 7. All I have installed are the Ethernet drivers. It's been about 30 minutes or so at 3% copying files and 0% total. I am installing from a USB configured with the media tool given by Microsoft. My case's hard drive activity LED is not active (though I do not know if it would be during an OS change). I've heard it can take 24 hours to finish the upgrade, what should I do? How long should I wait for it to change?

:)

Bluechill911, Aug 12, 2015
  2. Tomkato Win User

Can't scroll in start menu windows 10

Hey I had this issue aswell I upgraded from Windows 7 I used a program called KatMouse (there are many other programs) that allowed me to scroll on inactive Windows. Then when I upgraded to 10 I had the same issue you had I
    uninstalled KatMouse and now everything is working perfect.

WIndows 10 has scrolling on inactive Windows built in now go to setting>devices>mouse>turn on scroll inactive windows. Hope this helps

Tomkato, Aug 12, 2015
  3. KurtS12 Win User
    Turn off mouse hover - Windows 10

My regular PC mouse, during moments of inactivity, would perform a right click (watching a video, reading a web page, inactivity on the desktop, etc).

This started right after my Windows 10 upgrade.

KurtS12, Aug 12, 2015
Thema:

Upgrading Windows 10 inactive

1. Upgrading Windows 10 inactive - Similar Threads - Upgrading inactive

2. Since I upgraded to Windows 11 the pc is crashing periodically. I have looked in the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since I upgraded to Windows 11 the pc is crashing periodically. I have looked in the...: Occasionally the PC will reboot randomly. I looked in the eventvwr and found log files for each failure. There is no other information other than the PC rebooted without first closing down properly....
  3. Since I upgraded to Windows 11 the pc is crashing periodically. I have looked in the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Since I upgraded to Windows 11 the pc is crashing periodically. I have looked in the...: Occasionally the PC will reboot randomly. I looked in the eventvwr and found log files for each failure. There is no other information other than the PC rebooted without first closing down properly....
  4. The annoying upgrade to Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The annoying upgrade to Win 11: Is Microsoft TRYING to annoy...
  5. The annoying upgrade to Win 11

The annoying upgrade to Win 11: Is Microsoft TRYING to annoy...
  6. Screen dimming after a couple of minutes of inactivity after upgrading to Windows 11 - have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen dimming after a couple of minutes of inactivity after upgrading to Windows 11 - have...: Hello,I found another similar thread with troubleshooting tips, but this tips do not work for other poster nor for me. This other post was from August 2021. Is there new information now that can fix this issue with my screen dimming until I manually brighten it in the display...
  7. Screen dimming after a couple of minutes of inactivity after upgrading to Windows 11 - have...

Screen dimming after a couple of minutes of inactivity after upgrading to Windows 11 - have...: Hello,I found another similar thread with troubleshooting tips, but this tips do not work for other poster nor for me. This other post was from August 2021. Is there new information now that can fix this issue with my screen dimming until I manually brighten it in the display...
  8. Purchased Upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro, Got An Inactive Win10 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Purchased Upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro, Got An Inactive Win10 Enterprise: This is the same problem as this case: Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not - Microsoft CommunityThe response here is to contact chat support. I went through the virtual agent and all I end up with is a message saying wait times are longer than...
  9. Windows 10 pro upgrade now screwed both my pcs to be inactive Windows enterprise. Can't...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 pro upgrade now screwed both my pcs to be inactive Windows enterprise. Can't...: went to update and just got headaches. Anyone have a simple solution. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-upgrade-now-screwed-both-my-pcs-to/76edd3ad-8b34-4937-a729-a958456f06aa
  10. After upgrade monitor no longer will turn off fully after inactivity

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    After upgrade monitor no longer will turn off fully after inactivity: I recently upgraded my mobo & cpu. I didn't reinstall windows I just installed the mobo drivers. I have an nvidia video card that I use for my monitor. The issue is that when my PC sits for awhile I want the monitor to turn off. The monitor will turn off for a split...