Windows 10: Upgrading Windows7 to Windows10

Discus and support Upgrading Windows7 to Windows10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Good day! I need an advise regarding upgrading windows7 to windows10. I have a server where I save the windows10 to be deploy and I have around 200... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MarjonBeloy, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Upgrading Windows7 to Windows10

Good day!

I need an advise regarding upgrading windows7 to windows10. I have a server where I save the windows10 to be deploy and I have around 200 users which is already had a windows 7 and needs to upgrade into windows 10. This users had a back up files .

The steps i had done by upgrading windows is thru NETWORK Services, using Microsoft Software Center, search the user, push the windows 10 file from sever to user, apply wipe and load and the process will go on including their backup from drive D(windows 7) migrate to drive C (windows 10). By the way, this windows 10 image had already softwares installed.

The problem is, in this process it will take 3hours to complete (1) One user and I do have around 200 users.

Is there any possible ways to make this upgrading faster?

:)

MarjonBeloy, Aug 1, 2018

2. How i re upgrade windows7 to windows10 ?

I've upgraded my Windows7 to Windows10,now it was crashed then i've recovery my laptop by windows7,how i upgrade it to windows10 again?

Truong&Starfish, Aug 1, 2018
  3. Product Key for Windows10 free upgrade from Windows7 Home premium

I have today upgraded my Windows 7 to free upgrade package of Windows10. Now for activating Microsoft Office in Windows10 the earlier key provided with my Windows7 is not working. Since this is a free upgrade I do not have a product package. So please
    let me know how to find my new product key for the newly upgraded Windows10.
    And how to
    • Create a Windows 10 DVD for installation on a new hard drive
    • Create a backup Windows 10 DVD
    • Create a bootable USB drive with a copy of Windows 10
    • What is clean reinstallation? Is it necessary after free upgradation?

Narayanmurthy Ganti, Aug 1, 2018
  4. Mike.V. Win User

Upgrading Windows7 to Windows10

Windows7 to Windows10 upgrade -> missing operating system

Hi all

I would like to get Windows10 running on my Asus N71JA Notebook (

https://www.asus.com/Notebooks/N71Ja/) and would be happy to get some advice.

I already tried a few times to upgrade, through Windows Update or using a bootable USB stick, when Windows10 wants to reboot for the first time during the upgrade, I am stuck with "missing operating System".

Here, let me state my last tries.

1. Clean install of Windows7 with original Windows7 DVD I have, using the given product key with it

2. Activate Windows7

3. Perform all updates through Windows Update (Windows7 SP1, ...)

4. Wait until I get the option to upgrade to Windows10 through Windows Update

5. Perform the upgrade to Windows10 through Windows Update

-> first reboot during upgrade process -> missing operating system

I also did a clean install of Windows10 using a bootable USB stick. This works, I get Windows10 running, but then cannot activate it. But this tells me, that the bios settings are fine. With the same bios settings, I can clean install Windows7 and Windows10,
    reboot as I like, no issues at all. Just going through the upgrade process leaves me with "missing operating system".

I already tried to perform an automatic startup repair through the Windows10 bootable USB stick without success.

Could you please advice how to overcome this issue?

Thank you.

Mike

Mike.V., Aug 1, 2018
Thema:

Upgrading Windows7 to Windows10

1. Upgrading Windows7 to Windows10 - Similar Threads - Upgrading Windows7 Windows10

2. I have downloaded and installed windows10 on my Laptop from windows7 and it is not...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have downloaded and installed windows10 on my Laptop from windows7 and it is not...: Hi, I have downloaded windows10. I had windows7 before. Now it is not reading my SD card port. I cannot download and copy music to my SD card. Please help....
  3. system interrupt problem behave differently on windows10 and windows7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system interrupt problem behave differently on windows10 and windows7: I have a ASUS laptop that having high CPU usage on system interrupt problem that some people also have experienced. But I have dig out more details that I haven't found any one asked before. Details: 1. when boot in windows 10 normal mode. CPU0 is busy on system interrupt....
  4. windows10 upgrade issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows10 upgrade issue: I downloaded windows10 to upgrade my windows7 ultimate 64bit pc, it installed but for the past 5 hours the welcome screen opens then goes off then comes on etc can anyone help...
  5. Vista upgrade to Windows10

Vista upgrade to Windows10: Hey guys i have a friend with an old laptop running Vista what is the best way to upgrade it to W10 ?? Can i upgrade to W7 then on to W10 ? Or is there another way without buying W10 ? I checked to see if it would run W10 and it's processor and stuff will ! Any answers...
  6. Need Windows10 upgrade

Need Windows10 upgrade: I have Surface tablet with Windows RT 8.1. I was not given the option to upgrade to Windows10 in 2016. There is an app that I need that only can work in Windows 10. I have no plans to buy a new tablet. What can I do?...
  7. Making a hardware for Windows7 compatible with Windows10 (Wifi card)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Making a hardware for Windows7 compatible with Windows10 (Wifi card): Hello everyone, I just bought the Wireless N PCI Adapter (TL-WN851ND) from TP-LINK for my Windows 10 PC. It says that it's compatible for Windows 7/Vista/XP but it doesn't say Windows 10 on there. I thought that since it works on Windows 7, it will probably work on Windows...
  8. Upgrading Windows10

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrading Windows10: My Windows10 is currently version 1607 and I would like to upgrade to version 1703 but as a complete novice and 85 years old I am concerned that if I click "Upgrade" I will be faced with a lot of technical jargon to deal with. Is the upgrading difficult or would I be able to...
  9. how to do windows7 tasks in windows10

in Windows 10 Support
    how to do windows7 tasks in windows10: Good morning, Is there a table that tells me (translates for me) how to do in Windows 10 what I used to be able to do in Windows 7? For example, how do I make my Windows 10 jump lists have as many entries for 'recent' or for 'frequent' as I used to have for Windows 7?...
  10. How to remove old unused files from windows10 (upgraded from Windows7)

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove old unused files from windows10 (upgraded from Windows7): Hi TenForums Team!!! i have Dell Inpiron 3420 Laptop. Windows7 Home Basic was my built-in OS. Now i have upgraded it to Windows10 Home Edition. Now i have left less space in my C-drive. So i want to delete unused files, folders from C-drive. please guide me. and i also want...