Windows 10: Uploading photos into folders

Discus and support Uploading photos into folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Please tell me there is a way to upload photos into folders (that I label) straight from my sd card. On my old computer the option to review, organize... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by itsaliciab, May 16, 2016.

1. Uploading photos into folders

Please tell me there is a way to upload photos into folders (that I label) straight from my sd card. On my old computer the option to review, organize and group would pop up when I inserted the SD card. I would click that and all the photos on the SD card would be grouped by date with option to name each group and checkmark which groups to upload to my computer. This made organizing my photos easy. On my new HP pavilion All-in-one, it simply uploaded all the photos at once and then there was the option to manually go in a checkmark one photo at a time to add to folders of a specific date. That is ridiculously time consuming!! Plus when I have multiple photo shoots on that day, I don't want them all grouped together on one day. Please help!

:)

itsaliciab, May 16, 2016

2. How change default mobile upload location for photos on Win Phone 8?

I do not have photos automatically uploaded to SkyDrive on my phone. And I don't want that.

I do want to occasionally save photos to SkyDrive from the phone. When I do that, they land, NOT in the photos folder, but in a "mobile uploads folder in the root of SkyDrive.

The Surface Tablet put it's photos in a similar folder in the Pictures folder also called Mobile Uploads.

I would really prefer that the photos I manually upload from the phone to SkyDrive to into a folder IN the Photos folder in SkyDrive.

Is there anyway to accomplish this?

I don't see a way to do it.

JF

Jimmy Fallon, May 16, 2016
  3. Uploading files to Onedrive folder without a plus sign visable in the folder view

I created a Photos folder under Files in Onedrive, and I'd like to upload my photos there rather then the Pictures folder. But there is no plus sign in my Photos folder to start the upload process.

Is there a way to upload files to this folder or do I have to use the Pictures folder?

*This is to inform you that we moved your thread to the correct category.

JoelGayman, May 16, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Uploading photos into folders

There's a number of ways to organize photos or files and there will be a number of opinions about it but one way I use is to first open File Manager then the Pictures Folder to create subFolders, name strictly up to the user. Then I open another instance of File Manager to the Memory card and simply drag the files into one of those Folders. Different camera brands store the pictures differently so you need to be familiar to how yours works. Most time inserting a Memory card or USB Thumb drive will pop up a panel asking how you want to open it, I always choose File Explorer. But then I learned file management back in DOS and Windows 3.xx days and floppy drives.

Berton, May 16, 2016
  5. Ok, thank you. I will try that. I just wish windows 10 was as user friendly as windows 7 when it comes to uploading from an SD card.

itsaliciab, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Uploading photos into folders

1. Uploading photos into folders - Similar Threads - Uploading photos folders

2. Photos Upload

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos Upload: Hello every one. Is there simplified way of uploaded photos etc .... So when i click on the photos folder on this PC ... my photos will be there automatically ? from my phone thanks...
  3. Photo Upload

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo Upload: I am trying to upload the pictures off of my iphone XR to my computer. I have like 6,000 pictures that I want off of my phone to make space. I press Import and from a USB device. . It loads them, and I click one months worth of pictures to upload which is around 150 pictures....
  4. Photo upload

Photo upload: Can you help me upload photos from camera to computer - old way no longer works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-upload/e7c64b4e-02f6-4a46-afce-80d706025e79"
  5. PHOTOS uploading

PHOTOS uploading: All of my pictures are on PHOTOS. I want to transfer them to another folder. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-uploading/190728a6-b0d3-4614-ad8e-aeb930076ef6"
  6. upload photos

upload photos: I am unable to upload photos from my iphone to my pc using window photo or directly from DCIM. i can upload a few then get a message that device not connected. i have tried numerous different pc's windows 7 and windows 10, multiple usb cords and 2 different apple devices...
  7. Photo uploads

Photo uploads: I'm having trouble using Microsoft Photos to upload photos from my camera or a memory card to my PC. I was able to do this no trouble all year up until the end of August, thus: I clicked on Photos program, it gave me a menu saying "Looking for new photos and videos", then...
  8. uploading photos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    uploading photos: I have always been able to easily upload photos from my Nikon to my Windows 10 PC, just by plugging it in. This automatically started the viewer which uploaded everything for me. Now, probably the first time since the last upgrade, nothing happens. I tried manually uploading,...
  9. Uploading photos

Uploading photos: How do you convert raw canon photos to jpg that you upload to another website? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uploading-photos/3760257a-6121-4fd2-89f6-d5028417b121"
  10. Photo upload

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Photo upload: I just 'upgraded' to Windows 10 yesterday from 7. Windows 7 has a generic photo upload program that activated when I hooked the camera up. Windows 10 does not recognize my camera in G drive. Is there a generic program available to upload photos? Samsung support says they do...