Windows 10: UPnP stopped working?

Discus and support UPnP stopped working? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Today when I tried to access my NAS disk it no longer works. l always just activated network sharing and then my NAS showed up under network places.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Muyfa666, May 6, 2017.

1. Muyfa666 Win User

UPnP stopped working?

Today when I tried to access my NAS disk it no longer works.

l always just activated network sharing and then my NAS showed up under network places.

Now there nothing. I'm running W10 CU, but I have two other computer on W10 CU and UPnP works fine.

Any suggestions as to why this could've fallen out? I had this one time where I wasn't fast enough to connect the power cord when the battery died, could that really mess up UPnP?

:)

Muyfa666, May 6, 2017

2. Why does "IP Helper" open uPNP port on router?

The Service Host: Local System:IP Helper process is opening up a uPNP port on my router. This seems like a potential security hole. Strangely if I stop the process and restart it, it doesn't seem to open up another port, but it does open
    again after a reboot.

Can someone explain:

1) Why it needs to do this (I think is has to do with IPV6 support)

2) What will break if I disable it by stopping the process or disabling uPNP on my router?

The-Real-Ranman, May 6, 2017
  3. Zune Wireless Sync Error 8007271D

Logmein hamachi got an update that enabled upnp over the interface. It broke upnp on my network then. An option to disbale upnp on the hamachi client is there now so i checked it and all looks better now.

Quethrosar, May 6, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

UPnP stopped working?

You do not need UPnP to connect on your network. Your IP for your NAS may have changed if set for Dynamic and not for Static or IP handed out by Gateway matched to the MAC of the NAS. Has zero to do with what OS you are using, same as your computer. It is all about IP configuration.

bro67, May 7, 2017
  5. Muyfa666 Win User
    I am aware that it's not really needed, but it worked until yesterday. Why would it stop working on one machine of three?

Muyfa666, May 7, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    It is not used to find machines. It is used to open and close ports automatically, but still contains a huge security flaw like IPv6, in which an intruder can wedge that port open in the firewall and still use it.

Inside your network, all machines should show that they are on a private LAN and no firewalls should be enabled.
    If you are running any kind of Inernet security software, that could be the culprit. An update to Windows can causethis. Roll back to a restore point is always first step after making sure to back up the system and filed to see if that fixes the problem.

You are going to have to find out what changes were made and reverse them by rolling back to a date in System Restore, if it was enabled when you set the system up, because Microsoft has it disabled from the start.

bro67, May 7, 2017
  7. Samuria Win User
    An update to the system means the master browser is out of date. When you look for somethin on the network windows doesnt actually look it asks the master browser for a list if its not updated you wont see anything try NetBScanner - NetBIOS scanner to find your master browser. Running this util on a few pc willoften kick the MB into life, You need netbios turned on on all pcs

Samuria, May 11, 2017
  8. Muyfa666 Win User

UPnP stopped working?

No difference, but tnx for trying to help.

Muyfa666, May 12, 2017
  9. Muyfa666 Win User
    I reinstalled Windows 10. Problem solved.

Muyfa666, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

UPnP stopped working?

1. UPnP stopped working? - Similar Threads - UPnP stopped working

2. Super Confused about UPnP on Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Super Confused about UPnP on Windows: I understand what UPnP is and how it's convenient for gaming, but also serves as a security riskmy confusion comes from the fact that there are options to enable and disable UPnP in both Windows settings AND my router's settingsmy router has UPnP IGD disabled, and I've also...
  3. Super Confused about UPnP on Windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Super Confused about UPnP on Windows: I understand what UPnP is and how it's convenient for gaming, but also serves as a security riskmy confusion comes from the fact that there are options to enable and disable UPnP in both Windows settings AND my router's settingsmy router has UPnP IGD disabled, and I've also...
  4. Super Confused about UPnP on Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Teredo port preserving and UPnP say no

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Teredo port preserving and UPnP say no: Hi all, Recently, I have been having an issue with forza horizon 3. When I try to go online it gets stuck on finding online adventure, or making horizon group. I have left it going for an entire night, only to find it still searching. So i went into CMD, and typed netsh int...
  6. How to enable upnp

How to enable upnp: Hi, I'm trying to find help on enabling upnp on pc I run windows 10, I've tried everything but nothing seems to work pls and thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-upnp/da062bae-af34-496a-8704-1e460358c611
  7. WpnUserService using UPNP?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WpnUserService using UPNP?: My router shows the below uPNP portmap table: UPnP Portmap Table ActiveProtocolInt. PortExt. PortIP Address YesUDP5743457434192.168.1.251 I logged into 192.168.1.251, and netstat shows that UDP port 57434 is being used by process 3248 netstat -anob findstr "57434" UDP...
  8. Router settings, upnp enabled by mistake

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Router settings, upnp enabled by mistake: Hello, I'm using a Netgear router which is configured to email logs to me once a day. We have been away from this residence with internet and router off for a few months. When we returned, I was having trouble with internet access, and at one point it looked like the...
  9. DLNA/UPnP - Folders not showing on remote device?

DLNA/UPnP - Folders not showing on remote device?: Hi, I have recently upgraded to Windows 10. I have a homegroup setup on my home network which allows me to share the music files stored on my PC with phones & tablets etc for streaming. Since the upgrade when I access the files using Apps like BubbleUPnP or MConnect...
  10. UPnP feature

UPnP feature: Hi all, I got a feature called UPnP on my router device and its is default enabled. I did some research on it and came to know users make it use for media streaming and gaming consoles like Xbox and PS3 and other stuff.I have found some tools like UPnP tester and UPnp...