Windows 10: Upper Volume Limit Drops Randomly with Unknown Cause

Discus and support Upper Volume Limit Drops Randomly with Unknown Cause in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 (Education) 15063 and I've had a strange issue that didn't occur under Windows 8.1. Seemingly randomly, the upper volume limit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Apples555, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Apples555 Win User

Upper Volume Limit Drops Randomly with Unknown Cause

I'm running Windows 10 (Education) 15063 and I've had a strange issue that didn't occur under Windows 8.1. Seemingly randomly, the upper volume limit drops. This usually occurs when switching from speakers to headphones by plugging them in. This means that setting the volume control to 100% results in quiet sound output in this "post-error" state. Restarting the computer or restarting the Windows audio service fixes the issue.

A concurrent issue is that when software takes exclusive control (such as Foobar2000) via WASAPI in this "post-error" state, changing the volume doesn't have an effect on the volume of sound. In normal situations, exclusive mode volume is controlled as regular by the volume mixer.

I have gone through everything I can possibly think of. I've tried all the drivers available. I've tried disabling every sound device except speakers and headphones. I've tried disabling the VOIP volume reduction option. What am I missing?

:)

Apples555, Aug 2, 2017

2. Windows Phone volume randomly drops

I found a permanent solution!

I sold my 920, and bought a Samsung S5. Problem solved

scotttopliss, Aug 2, 2017
  3. Nijo_ Win User
    Nijo_, Aug 2, 2017
Thema:

Upper Volume Limit Drops Randomly with Unknown Cause

1. Upper Volume Limit Drops Randomly with Unknown Cause - Similar Threads - Upper Volume Limit

2. Blue screen error random stop code the cause is unknown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen error random stop code the cause is unknown: hi so my pc has experience bsod at random moment its not often but it happen randomly when in idle mostly sometime when using app i already do clean reinstall 5x time ,run memory check ,hardwarecheck, update windows and all od the driver but none seems to fix theese issue...
  3. [Audio Issue] A lot of my windows are randomly dropping in volume in the volume panel.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Audio Issue] A lot of my windows are randomly dropping in volume in the volume panel.: A lot of them drop to 50% of the current volume and then go back to 100% of the current volume repeatedly, making it seem like two different apps are adjusting the volume at the same time, while other ones drop to 2, 1, or 0, and can't be increased until you've had the volume...
  4. Volume dropping on videos

Volume dropping on videos: I tried following this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-drop-on-laptop-cant-restore/b3f446a8-6d45-42be-bf32-6f41633ff318 but it didn't work. How can I get it to work permanently at a normal level?...
  5. Volume Limiter for Windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume Limiter for Windows?: Hi Reddit! I hope this is the right place to ask such a question (I've never really used Reddit before), but I am looking for a volume limiter type application for Windows 10. By that, I mean either a windows setting or program I can download (Or extension for the new Edge)...
  6. Unknown Volume Control

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknown Volume Control: I'm experiencing exactly the same problem with Mr. Neal O'Connor. The following link is where his question is located. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-volume-control-bar-suddenly-appearing-on/e2cac400-be17-400e-9ee5-d23023e4ed89 The unknown...
  7. BSOD - Unknown Cause

BSOD - Unknown Cause: I have been running into issues with my PC for the past couple of days and the BSOD. I have tried my best to troubleshoot and even re-imaged my system from scratch and the issue is still occurring. Prior to the re image the issue would happen while I was using the PC but...
  8. Random BSODs with unknown cause

Random BSODs with unknown cause: Hey guys! Got a problem with my new system. I get different bluescreens from time to time. Here is a link to an example dump file: Uploadfiles.io - 121818-9968-01.dmp My system: I9-9900k RTX 2080ti 32GB Corsair RGB Pro DDR4 3600 DIMM Samsung 970 Pro 1TB DarkPower...
  9. Internet dropping for unknown reason

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet dropping for unknown reason: I’ve recently been experiencing a network issue in which web pages suddenly will fail to load, despite the wifi connection remaining fine. It happens randomly but is guaranteed to happen within the first hour of browsing the web. It does not happen with other devices, and...
  10. Volume indicator upper left of screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Volume indicator upper left of screen: Howdy, new here and my first post. I just upgraded from Windows 7 64-bit to Windows 10 Home. Install went smooth but I am noticing something undesired. Whenever I adjust my volume, a vertical bar appears in the upper left of my screen indicating the volume level. It looks...